WRX vs. Corvette
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Corvette within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok this might sound like im full of s#it but this is what happened. I was driving down route 3, ...

WRX vs. Corvette

Ok this might sound like im full of s#it but this is what happened.

I was driving down route 3, good road lots of straitaways, and i see a 2002 vette up ahead. I decide to weave through some traffic and catch up just to take a look at it. Right then I think he saw me and started trying to weave though traffic, which takes skill with a big car like that, and i follow. We both were in the middle lane, then he switches to the fast lane with an open road in front of him, but he doesnt gun it. Instead he went slow and tried to box me because there was traffic in the middle lane. Anyway i managed to get behind him again, then he switches to the middle lane again. He came up next to me, looked over and revved his engine. Now that was pretty bad because theres nothing scarier then a pissed off vette (especially with a stock wrx). Right then there was an opening in the fast lane and i just knew he was daring me to go for it, so I dropped it to 3rd, floored it and managed to box him in the middle lane. At this point i was doing about 105. After that i just kept going and i dont think he followed.

Now i know theres no chance in hell i would ever beat a vette on a straitaway, but i think i just had the advantage because i had the smaller car. He also probably had no clue what the hell i was driving and wouldnt think i could speed up that fast (surprising people is half the fun with a wrx). Anyway it was fun but i wouldnt suggest racing one on any type of straitaway.
    02 platinum silver WRX sedan (stolen)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

racing in traffic =

Corvette's aren't as big as you think, but that's beside the point.

I'm not surprised that you surprised him, though - the WRX has a lot more get up and go then the average person might think. Now that I've test driven one I'm gonna be sure and not let a WRX surprise me.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Hey man.. This is what gives street racing a bad name!! Putting others in danger on the highways cutting through traffic. It is one thing to street race out away from everyone where it is safe, but use some sense man!
    LETS PLAY

Originally posted by LIL SS
    Hey man.. This is what gives street racing a bad name!! Putting others in danger on the highways cutting through traffic. It is one thing to street race out away from everyone where it is safe, but use some sense man!
    I agree that it aint bright, but tell me you didn't do some silly things when you were younger? I know I did.

Note: To be clear - I no longer do silly things!

Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

yes true it is pretty stupid. But i am very careful when i change lanes and never got into an accident.
    02 platinum silver WRX sedan (stolen)

I thought all corvette are RWD, how did u get the FWHP estimated ? just curious, typo perhaps ?
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

i think this came up in another post recently also, but when he says FWHP he means FlyWheel HorsePower. Maybe a clearer way of stating for the future would be to say 325 hp at the crank....
    o-|-<) bryan

I c
    sorry about my ignorance
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Originally posted by Wrinkleboi
    i think this came up in another post recently also, but when he says FWHP he means FlyWheel HorsePower. Maybe a clearer way of stating for the future would be to say 325 hp at the crank....
    o-|-<) bryan
    Thanks for clarifying that one on my behalf. I guess I'm just used to hanging with the rear-wheel drivers, and am used to that terminology. I'll update my sig to be clearer.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Finally, someone racing a car that could actually challenge a WRX. The Corvette is an incredible car, almost as good as the WRX I'd say! Okay, maybe a tiny bit better handling and a tiny bit better acceleration from a roll. Of course, add a bit of suspension work and an MBC and the WRX should be able to keep up quite nicely.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Originally posted by RSXSucks
    Finally, someone racing a car that could actually challenge a WRX. The Corvette is an incredible car, almost as good as the WRX I'd say! Okay, maybe a tiny bit better handling and a tiny bit better acceleration from a roll. Of course, add a bit of suspension work and an MBC and the WRX should be able to keep up quite nicely.
    Hmmm, that depends on the vette you are racing. It would take a lot of work to have a WRX keep up to a '02 Z06, in any department (except rallying ).
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

I raced a blue ZO6.. It was close, for about... 15 feet

Originally posted by RobPA
    I raced a blue ZO6.. It was close, for about... 15 feet
    Hahaha! They're one fast mofo!
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

I ran a Z06 and had no problem moving 3-4 cars on the guy.. Helps if you start with close to what they are..
    LETS PLAY

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast