Subaru WRX Forum banner

WRX vrs CRX vrs dokota RT

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  WRXless 
#1 ·
Well, I havent had the subbie very long but I have managed a few good races.

1st race was a nice Dakota RT w/ a whipple supercharger stick on the windshield. I was on Mercury BLVD and pulled up beside the truck. I really didnt pay him much attention till he reved up at me! Well ok, rev to 4k and wait for the light. Quick look around to check for johnny law and the light goes green. I pulled the best launch ever. I was about 1 car lenght ahead of the RT and all I could hear was a loud whine. I looked in the mirror and there sat the RT even with the rear door. All the way thru 3rd and neither of us budged. At the next light we gave each other the thumbs up. Nice race.

Next up. Sat night my GF and I were on our way home from a cruise in (street race hang out) around 2am. I am on 64E and I come up on a riced out white CRX and a totally blacked out civic. I am slowly passing the CRX and he speeds up to my door. I let him get about 1 car ahead and figure I will slowly pass him again. As I got even with him he stomps it to the floor just long enough for that stupid sound hondas make with a cold air intake. I look over at my girl and say, you know he wants to race. She says, just get it over with. HA! I love this girl! So I slow a bit and go to 4th. I pull back up to the CRX and look over and nod. I throw it into 3rd and give it all she has. 1 car ahead and the CRX is GAINING! I hit 4th and we even out but the CRX is on my bumper! Up to about 130 and I shut down and the CRX flys by.
So I call that a win for the WRX.
Monday I go to my buddies car shop and guess whos there. Yep the CRX. After we talk I find out he is supercharged. The car is guttted and looks like crap but its pretty quick. We talked about the race and he gave the subbie a quick look over cause he swares it isnt stock. I told him its bone stock with almost 7k miles. He just stood there. :)

I sure do like this car! Now if only I could figure out how to post some of my "nocturnal automobile activities" vid's! Ever see a Fiero beat 15 different cars in a row?

Steven

See less See more
#4 ·
Not Quite. My bone stock (with no weight removed, plus some extra weight in the back and bed) club cab RT ran 15.18 in the quarter. Mopar mag pulled a 14.0 in a regular cab with the spare/jack/tailgate/filter removed.

They are not fast, and they are bad breathers (and they are 5.9L, not 6.0L)...they just aren't 16.0 1/4 milers (unless you believe the one MT ((or was it C&D)) article...but how many people believe the one MT article that all EVOs run 13.0 stock)

VV

Master Of Pain said:
The R/T's engine, even though it's a six-liter, is a bad breather. If you were up against a Lightning, ooh, the outcome would have been tragic. The stock R/T is a 16.0 sec 1/4 miler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.