srt-4 own3d again???
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on srt-4 own3d again??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; From srtforums....

srt-4 own3d again???

From srtforums.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Silver one is on eBay right now!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

The silver one was bought at Sunset Dodge in Sarasota....not that it means anything to yall
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

hrmmm I have to rethink getting an srt-4 and stick with the wrx. Looks like the srt-4 just crumples up when it gets hit.

Plus not having a top end I think would keep me out trouble and ending up like these 2 cars :X

Originally posted by smolten
    hrmmm I have to rethink getting an srt-4 and stick with the wrx. Looks like the srt-4 just crumples up when it gets hit.

Plus not having a top end I think would keep me out trouble and ending up like these 2 cars :X

:Thumbs down:

smolten
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Do they just sell these cars to bad drivers or what? (no offense drizze)

Originally posted by Shard
    Do they just sell these cars to bad drivers or what? (no offense drizze)
    IMO, since the car is only 20K, there are a lot of inexperienced drivers out there getting them. (16-18 yr old crowd) No offense to the youngin's, but getting a car with this much power early in your driving experience is a bad thing!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

that car looks really safe
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

I'm not impressed with the growing amount of trashed STi pictures. What in the hell are these guys doing to their vehicles?

Originally posted by drizze99
    IMO, since the car is only 20K, there are a lot of inexperienced drivers out there getting them. (16-18 yr old crowd) No offense to the youngin's, but getting a car with this much power early in your driving experience is a bad thing!!
    The WRX has suffered the same fate. Check the ages of the members on this site, for instance. (Hold your flames, just stating facts.)

During the first year of the WRX in the US the forums were full of crashed WRX stories & pics. Myself included and I'm 43.

Live & learn. The problem with these pocket rockets, especially the WRX and now the STi & EVO, is that they inspire confidence beyond the driver's skill level. AWD can make you feel like Superman, right up until the point that it breaks loose and you're going way faster than you had ever gone before through a given area of road. The result is pictures such as those posted in this thread. And increasing insurance rates.

Peace,

Curtis
    Last edited by TurbeauxREX; 08-01-2003 at 08:44 AM.

I was talking to my saleperson the about a month ago. He recommend an insurance agent to his customers, and he said of the 15 people that were under 20 that went with his insurance agent, 12 of the totalled their WRXs in the first 6 months. THAT is CRAZY!!!!

SRT4=WRX as far as too much power for to young of a crowd.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

It's awful to see so many cars trashed like that. I'd post SRT4 kills but the only one I've ever seen on the road...was visiting someone for a day and unwilling to race. Other than that one, I've seen one on a lot...but that's it.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by swipe112
    damn...every time I open one of these threads I'm hoping to read about an SRT kill and instead just find pictures of other people's misfortunes. (I hope the owners are okay...really). But it'd just to be nice to be hearing more SRT kills...hehe...since I read about WRX kills left and right at SRT forums.
    That's exactly how I feel.
    At least the silver one looks like a crash that can be walked away from. The yellow is bad real bad.

I'm not impressed with the growing amount of trashed STi pictures. What in the hell are these guys doing to their vehicles?

Same as the neon, too much power not enough experience. Just like a certain Cobra owner that you bragged about.
    Last edited by GTP_Gator; 08-01-2003 at 12:22 PM.
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

Looks like he spun it into a telephone pole.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.