srt-4 own3d again??? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on srt-4 own3d again??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; And when I figure out why my car is detonating despite the supposed existence of a knock sensor....

And when I figure out why my car is detonating despite the supposed existence of a knock sensor.
    Last edited by AREITU; 08-06-2003 at 01:13 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by drizze99
    IMO, since the car is only 20K, there are a lot of inexperienced drivers out there getting them. (16-18 yr old crowd) No offense to the youngin's, but getting a car with this much power early in your driving experience is a bad thing!!
    I totally agree. I'll admit to my fair shair of accidents, but I've never even come close to totaling a car. The difference being, when I screw up, I have the skill to pull myself out of the deep stuff and minimize the accident.

-Jim

Exactly what I'm saying. It also looks like the WRX is not a tank afterall.
    Actually, the WRX is the safest small car made. It can support three times its own weight on it's roof. Modern cars are meant to crumple on impact and preserve the cabin. The WRX does an exceptionally good job.

-Jim

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    Actually, the WRX is the safest small car made. It can support three times its own weight on it's roof. Modern cars are meant to crumple on impact and preserve the cabin. The WRX does an exceptionally good job.

-Jim
    Have you personally tested this ?

It's required that cars sold in the United States support three times their own weight on the roof. So in case there's a violent rollover, Hollywood style, your head will stay on top of your neck where it's supposed to be.

Cars are supposed to get mangled and compress into a tiny little ball while keeping you alive and safe inside, even if you get stuck sometimes. Some people think they've survived the end of the world, but it's really just the engineers and occasionally a deity, that should be thanked.
    A while ago, on a Honda forum, a guy smashed into a barrier in his Prelude (His fault). He thought he was the luckiest guy in the world, so he makes a ten-item list of "I thank God for..." and forgot "Honda Engineers" -__-;

Definitely. Cars are engineered with what they call "crumble zones." AREITU is absolutely correct. When I was a car saleman, that was one of the things they tought us so we could point it out to the customers. The motors in cars are mounted with shear bolts so they will/should snap in case of a violent frontal collision. This so the motor does not end up in your lap.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by TurboWRX

that car looks really safe
    you people are not familiar with logic and thinking are you?
    idiots.
    anyway, normally in order to judge the crashworthiness of a vehicle you need some sort of data and not just personal bias.

"duh. it dun't lok safes"

Well, just to UPDATE you guys:

The Silver SRT-4 was purchased off of eBay for 5200.00 and it was bought by a performance shop that is rebuilding the car into a GT racecar.

Ike
    Very nice Drizze, that should be a fun little project for the shop. Keep us updated if anything big ever becomes of that car.

Ike

Damn!! Here is ANOTHER wrecked SRT-4 on eBay!! I getting tired of seeing all these cars wrecked! Can any of you guys remember back when the WRX hit the US? I'm not sure what year it was, but did you guys start seeing a bunch of them start popping up crashed??

Must of side swiped somthing large, did you see the scuffs near the roof?
    Nice paint on the rear of that car. It looks like something you see on a girls drop spot.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

Originally posted by droogie
    Must of side swiped somthing large, did you see the scuffs near the roof?
    Nice paint on the rear of that car. It looks like something you see on a girls drop spot.
    Yea, I saw that. I am trying to figure out how that accident happened. What I don't get, is the car is considered salvage? WTF? The damage, on the outside, does not look that bad.

Yea, those graphics are so ghey!

Damn!! Here is ANOTHER wrecked SRT-4 on eBay!! I getting tired of seeing all these cars wrecked! Can any of you guys remember back when the WRX hit the US? I'm not sure what year it was, but did you guys start seeing a bunch of them start popping up crashed??
    Towards the end of 1992, there were alot of pictures of WRX's that were totalled. In 1993, the insurance rates on the WRX went up.
    2002 WRX WRB

Yea, I saw that. I am trying to figure out how that accident happened. What I don't get, is the car is considered salvage? WTF? The damage, on the outside, does not look that bad.

Yea, those graphics are so ghey!
    I thought that too, the car doesn't seem to be in bad shape. It does seem to be more than 2500 damage that the seller is claiming. I mean, I know people who have tapped the car in front of them going like 5 mph and the repair was like 1000.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

Originally posted by Rich10
    Towards the end of 1992, there were alot of pictures of WRX's that were totalled. In 1993, the insurance rates on the WRX went up.
    I was afraid someone was going to say this. Right now I pay 103/month and I really hope it doesn't skyrocket!!

droogie, yea the claim of 2500 is way off. If that were the case, then it would not be considered salvage. There would be no way an ins. co. would total a car with only 2500 in damages. Something does not quite add up on that car.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.