srt-4 own3d again??? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on srt-4 own3d again??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yea, i actually feel pretty safe, however that was no concern of mine when buying the car, but it's good ...

Yea, i actually feel pretty safe, however that was no concern of mine when buying the car, but it's good to know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thoe wrecks suck...but are they selling any of their wheels?
    Not all who wander are lost

Originally posted by drizze99
    OK, I'm not tryin to start anything by saying this, cause it is just an observation that I have made. Why do Subaru drivers think they are driving a tank? Some of you guys think it is undestructable!! I know the car has recieved high ratings but come on. You mean to tell me that a WRX in a similar type of accident wouldn't look like this?
    OK, I'm not tryin to start anything by saying this, cause it is just an observation that I have made.
    Since it seems this was directed at me:
    I don't remember saying anything about my car being a tank, I was just stating my observation of the following links:

http://www.hwysafety.org/vehicle_rat...html/99007.htm

http://www.hwysafety.org/vehicle_rat.../html/0126.htm

I'm 6' 3" I value the use of my legs, so I decided not to get a neon... I'm confident in my driving skills, but I've been in one wreck already that was totally unavoidable that was not my fault and it could easily happen again. According to this test, if I would've been in a neon, I would most likely have broken legs... That is the basis of my decision.... Again, I don't remember seeing anyone say anything about their subaru being a tank or touting it's durability in this thread or any intelligent threads for that matter, just stating facts. and like Kanos said, most of the wrx passenger compartments held up well. Like renichsms said, No tank club here. Rant over, I just felt the need to reply since it was pointed out that I am the only one that said anything about safety.. blah..blah..blah.. My .02
    again, I'm not trying to start a flame war. Just to avoid it, I won't post on this thread anymore.

Doesn't make a difference what you're driving if you're going really fast. Princess Diana was in a Mercedes 500, if I recall, which really IS a tank. The guy was going about 90, lost control and it folded up like a Pinto.

Point is, and I'm not a physicist, a SRT-4, WRX, Volvo, Lexus, fuc**g humvee, you name it, will all fold up and kill whoever is inside if you hit a heavy object at a high rate of speed.

And yeah, Subarus sort of are tanks compared to Neons - at least according to people who study that sort of thing.

Originally posted by drelord
    OK, I'm not tryin to start anything by saying this, cause it is just an observation that I have made.
    Since it seems this was directed at me:
    I don't remember saying anything about my car being a tank, I was just stating my observation of the following links:

http://www.hwysafety.org/vehicle_rat...html/99007.htm

http://www.hwysafety.org/vehicle_rat.../html/0126.htm

I'm 6' 3" I value the use of my legs, so I decided not to get a neon... I'm confident in my driving skills, but I've been in one wreck already that was totally unavoidable that was not my fault and it could easily happen again. According to this test, if I would've been in a neon, I would most likely have broken legs... That is the basis of my decision.... Again, I don't remember seeing anyone say anything about their subaru being a tank or touting it's durability in this thread or any intelligent threads for that matter, just stating facts. and like Kanos said, most of the wrx passenger compartments held up well. Like renichsms said, No tank club here. Rant over, I just felt the need to reply since it was pointed out that I am the only one that said anything about safety.. blah..blah..blah.. My .02
    again, I'm not trying to start a flame war. Just to avoid it, I won't post on this thread anymore.
    I don't think Drizze was pointing anything at anyone. He was making a general statement. If anything, he has proven himself to be of the more open minded and intelligent people here. He is referring to many, many, MANY posts that were on this forum AND others in which and other SRT4 owners were attacked on the reliability issue. While many people in this community will admit in one breath that they really like the SRT4, they seem to follow up in the next breath with some downpoint to the SRT4 and why they feel the WRX is better. I went through many of the same biased type attacks when I first came here. It gets old fast and I know how he feels. As already stated, any car can get into a wreck, and any driver can as well. The SRT4's in question here, were obviously in high speed wrecks with an unmovable object (most likey a tree). I have seen cars with much better safety ratings get sawed in half in similar type of wrecks. The only thing that REALLY needs to be stressed here is to be careful no matter what you drive, and to pray that the people in those cars, especially the yellow SRT4 were unharmed.

Originally posted by dsel
    And yeah, Subarus sort of are tanks compared to Neons - at least according to people who study that sort of thing.
    Just wanted to quote this to help me prove my point. This is the type of comment that Drizze deals with all the time. I understand why he may be a little defensive after a while. Sorry dsel, I don't mean to point out that you are the only one doing that, not my intention. Your post is just the type I was talking about that probably gets under Drizze's skin after a while.

Absolutely none taken.

But we all should face the facts - neon loyalists or not. We drive small cars with powerful engines. We didn't buy them for crash test ratings, or else we would all be driving volvos. But we all can expect some sort of pro-Rex bias in this forum. I'm not even showing bias, I'm just giving facts about crash tests. Does that mean I want to hit a cement wall and show you guys how well my car held up? Hell no. I don't think the guy with the Neon does either.

Originally posted by dsel
    Absolutely none taken.

But we all should face the facts - neon loyalists or not. We drive small cars with powerful engines. We didn't buy them for crash test ratings, or else we would all be driving volvos. But we all can expect some sort of pro-Rex bias in this forum. I'm not even showing bias, I'm just giving facts about crash tests. Does that mean I want to hit a cement wall and show you guys how well my car held up? Hell no. I don't think the guy with the Neon does either.
    I agree with you. I was more or less just pointing out why Drizze would react that way. He just hears the same thing over and over. I don't care what kind of car you drive, EVERYTHING has a breaking point. Some will keep you safer than other in certain circumstances. However, if you take the safest car in the world, drive 100 MPH, lose control, and hit a tree, your chances of survival are not that good.

2001S4, thank you very much for understanding exactly what I am saying. I didn't want to single anyone one out because I am not that way. I just wanted state an observation. Yes, I fully understand how the two cars stack up in a crash test. Like Shard said, I didn't buy my car based on crash tests, but on performance. Different strokes, for different folks!!

kanos, I'm very sorry to see that you smashed up your WRX. I happened to hit a utility pole head on at 45mph in my new 1993 Plymouth Duster. The car was only 8 mos old and it was the first car I bought by myself and it happened 2 days before my 21st birthday. The front end of my car looked like the backend of the Silver SRT-4 on this thread. If it hadn't been for my seatbelt, I probably wouldn't be posting this message right now. My airbag deployed and I walked away from the accident with a bruised sternum. I consider myself very lucky to not even get a scratch from that accident. The accident happened because of driving inexperience. I hit an icey road, paniced and locked up the brakes instead of pumping them. the road turned, but I didn't.... I went straight.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Master Of Pain
    I'm not impressed with the growing amount of trashed STi pictures. What in the hell are these guys doing to their vehicles?
    huh??? did you mean srt's?
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Originally posted by drizze99
    2001S4, thank you very much for understanding exactly what I am saying. I didn't want to single anyone one out because I am not that way. I just wanted state an observation. Yes, I fully understand how the two cars stack up in a crash test. Like Shard said, I didn't buy my car based on crash tests, but on performance. Different strokes, for different folks!!

kanos, I'm very sorry to see that you smashed up your WRX. I happened to hit a utility pole head on at 45mph in my new 1993 Plymouth Duster. The car was only 8 mos old and it was the first car I bought by myself and it happened 2 days before my 21st birthday. The front end of my car looked like the backend of the Silver SRT-4 on this thread. If it hadn't been for my seatbelt, I probably wouldn't be posting this message right now. My airbag deployed and I walked away from the accident with a bruised sternum. I consider myself very lucky to not even get a scratch from that accident. The accident happened because of driving inexperience. I hit an icey road, paniced and locked up the brakes instead of pumping them. the road turned, but I didn't.... I went straight.
    Drizze, no problem. I understand how you feel. I've been there. Glad to hear you made it through that accident ok. You made a mistake, simple as that. But you learned from it and you are better for it now. That is what life is all about.

Originally posted by TurbeauxREX
    ...make you feel like Superman, right up until the point that it breaks loose and you're going way faster than you had ever gone before through a given area of road...

Peace,

Curtis
    Wait until you ride in an E46 M3!! Someone in my dorm had one (He's 18 or 19), and we blasted down the freeway doing 110, in moderate traffic, at night, in the rain. It felt -literally- like my friend' WRX wagon in a parking lot doing 30. Anyway, you are correct about inexperienced drivers in too-confident cars. I've seen this coming for a while. If you guys want to really feel some pain, swing by www.wreckedexotics.com!

I'm glad I didn't have a powerful car early on in my driving experience. What I don't like is, I ended up with a 5AT Accord V6 instead of a WRX, or at least something a little sportier, as I origionally inteded. I can't complain though!
    Last edited by AREITU; 08-03-2003 at 10:02 PM.

LOL didn't anyone ****ING look at that last pic//..//??????!!!!!

It's like some guy was trying to park his rex and ran into hisgarage at 90 mph and barrelled through his wholehouse or something wtf>>>>>!!!!!!
    '03 white rex

Originally posted by AREITU
    Wait until you ride in an E46 M3!! Someone in my dorm had one (He's 18 or 19), and we blasted down the freeway doing 110, in moderate traffic, at night, in the rain. It felt -literally- like my friend' WRX wagon in a parking lot doing 30. Anyway, you are correct about inexperienced drivers in too-confident cars. I've seen this coming for a while. If you guys want to really feel some pain, swing by www.wreckedexotics.com!

I'm glad I didn't have a powerful car early on in my driving experience. What I don't like is, I ended up with a 5AT Accord V6 instead of a WRX, or at least something a little sportier, as I origionally inteded. I can't complain though!
    Those 5AT Accord V6's are pretty damn quick and will give a wrx a run for its money.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Originally posted by KanosWRX
    Those 5AT Accord V6's are pretty damn quick and will give a wrx a run for its money.
    Them's be racing talk. Yeah, well me and AREITU are scheduled for a race now.... after his first oil change. Will report back with an outcome. and maybe video.

P.S. doing 30 in a parking lot gives me shivers down my spine.
    also, we live out in the middle of no where. there are no life forms out were we would race. so i doubt you'll see a smashed up accord or wagon.
    Last edited by WRXG0blin; 08-05-2003 at 06:01 PM.
    -1986 RX-7 GXL
    -2002 Blue WRX Wagon (given up)
    -2001 Prelude, (sold)
    -1989 Accord, (sold)
    -1984 Dodge RamCharger (Sold)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.