srt-4 own3d again??? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on srt-4 own3d again??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Did everyone catch the post with the NHTSA (or whatever the hell it's called) offset 35mph crash test where the ...

Did everyone catch the post with the NHTSA (or whatever the hell it's called) offset 35mph crash test where the neon's steering wheel (which holds the airbag, mind you) came OFF? These are the first pictures i've seen and it's kinda what I expected.. I really feel sorry for the parents that don't know what they're buying their kid and have to get that phone call... it's depressing... I had been considering trading my car for something cheaper and when I found the srt-4's safety tests, I immediately scratched it off the list ... nothing that fast should crash so poorly... needs work.. made me decide to keep the subaru...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OK, I'm not tryin to start anything by saying this, cause it is just an observation that I have made. Why do Subaru drivers think they are driving a tank? Some of you guys think it is undestructable!! I know the car has recieved high ratings but come on. You mean to tell me that a WRX in a similar type of accident wouldn't look like this?
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

I sure hope not, haven't seen pics of one looking that bad as of yet.

Ah! that is what I like to see!

Originally posted by Mili727
    Ah! that is what I like to see!
    You're a SICK-O!

eh not so fast

accidents can happen to anyone ... thats life.

drizze99 don't mind Mili727 he's an idiot.
    Last edited by smolten; 08-02-2003 at 10:32 AM.

Originally posted by smolten
    accidents can happen to anyone ... thats life.
    Exactly what I'm saying. It also looks like the WRX is not a tank afterall.

Originally posted by drizze99
    Exactly what I'm saying. It also looks like the WRX is not a tank afterall.
    Looks like most of them held up pretty well to me.... well except for the one that looks like hamburger meat.

How nice that you included kanos's car, fond memories for him i'm sure.
    Last edited by Shard; 08-02-2003 at 01:16 PM.

Drizze-What is the scoop on the yellow one? What happened and did he/she have passengers? I hope not,seeing that one side is totally screwed..
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

Originally posted by DROB
    Drizze-What is the scoop on the yellow one? What happened and did he/she have passengers? I hope not,seeing that one side is totally screwed..
    I'm trying so hard to find out, but I've come up empty so far. I will post if I do find something out.

Originally posted by Shard
    Looks like most of them held up pretty well to me.... well except for the one that looks like hamburger meat.

How nice that you included kanos's car, fond memories for him i'm sure.

That's cuz wrx's aren't fast......

joke

I only noticed one person commenting on SRT4 and not getting it due to safety. There's no "tank club" here...it's all in your head. I don't like to see either car wrecked.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by smolten
    That's cuz wrx's aren't fast......

joke
    Bad one

Originally posted by renichms
    I only noticed one person commenting on SRT4 and not getting it due to safety. There's no "tank club" here...it's all in your head. I don't like to see either car wrecked.

RN
    I said it was my "observation" that some WRX owners think the car is undestructable. I did not say EVERYONE has that mentality, AND I didn't just mean this thread alone. That saftey rating thing has been thrown at my face a lot by subaru owners in many other forums.

Sure the WRX has a good safety rating, but if I wanted that, I would have bought a Volvo.

Hey look at my car... ah man.. you learn a lot after something like that, and although I hate the fact my car was in an accident it taught me a lot about the car and its limits, as well as my limits and thats a good thing. It was pretty much all body damage, a little front end fixing and the rear suspension on the driver side replaced.

Anyways, I really don't think our car is industructable, given the right speed and right angle anything can happen. But from looking at most of those WRX's they held up really well, the cabin was kept pretty much intact and thats whats important. When I had my accident and the cop was looking over the scene he told me he was amazed my car didn't flip and looking at what the car slid through I was amazed to, because I think at some point it was getting some air. I really think our cars are one of the best designed cars out there, escpecially for safety. The neon on the other had albeit a fast car isn't the safest car on the road by a long stretch, but they have to make cuts somewhere to make it cheaper, just look at all the hyundai's. I just feel much safer driving my car then most anything else out there, and thats from someone who had an accident in his car.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.