WRX vs sleeper civic

This is a discussion on WRX vs sleeper civic within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So im driving to school this morning. And i pass up this crappy looking red civic hatch...that had some rust ...

Red face WRX vs sleeper civic

So im driving to school this morning. And i pass up this crappy looking red civic hatch...that had some rust on it and regular steel wheels and the stock exhaust pipe that was like 1 inch in diamater. I pass this car up and think nothing of it. Then i see that its trailiing me. So i get around a bottleneck, and floor it from about 60 and i take it up to 90. The civic...is right behind me and im not moving away from hiM!!!! All i could think was "WTF is going on...LOL". So we get next to each other, and have a wide open road, and he gives me the thumbs up and then i motion him to hit it. I let him hit it, and then i jump on it, we take it from about 60 to about 120. I was able to pull about 1 car on him, and we basically stayed even after 4th gear. We then got back down to regular cruising speed and gave each other thumbs up, i asked him what he had and he said "GSR motor and supercharger" and i told him i had uppipe/downpipe. To say the least, i was suprised he didnt rape me, since i thought the GSR alone would be plenty enough to keep up with a fairly stock WRX like mine. But then again, he probably wasnt very tuned, and i dont think his restrictive exhaust or heavy looking wheels helped him any. Anyways, i was very impressed, that was one quick civic. He told me he should be able to run mid 14's at the track, im guessing its because he is severly traction limited. Anyways, was a good race and the guy was totally cool, now im gonna be more weary when i see an old beater hatch .

-BobbyD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You have to love sleepers like that. Definitely not what I would expect from a rusted civic with stock wheels.

Doesn't a stock GSR motor only make 170hp? I think the Integra GSR ran to 60 in 7.1 so you shouldn't have much problem against most cars with that engine (stock). Of course, the addtition of a supercharger or any other serious mods can change things quite a bit.

Even though you didn't beat him by much, a win's a win in my book. Good kill.

also it's much lighter....

MUCH lighter!!!!!!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

so...

Do you guys think he wasnt tuned right? Because if its much lighter, and has a gsr motor and a supercharger, the car should have whooped me from a roll. Im thinking he just had a gsr motor. Unless he had a supercharger also, but just was not tuned at all. I mean, now that i think about it, that car was tiny, lol. I just had a big smile on my face the whole time, i was so suprised that i couldnt break away from it.

Yeah, with a SC he should have owned you. All that motor does is make top end power. I hatchback with just a stock GSR motor will run super low 14's or high 13's no problem.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Just depends..sounds like he wasn't tuned.....
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

My friend has a civic hatchback with a jdm gsr motor (180hp) with just the basic bolt-ons (headers, intake, exhaust) and he ran 14.7 with a crappy launch, so im not sure if the guy was telling the truth about the supercharger because im thinking even if it wasn't tuned properly he should be at the very least in the high 13 or very low 14 range.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

I think alot of it is in the tuning, and the driver. I've seen turbo B16a's run low 15's high 14's. That's pretty ****ty considering a buddy of my can run 14.6 with just a B16a with headers, intake, exhaust, clutch and flywheel. I also no a guy that can run 12.4 with a turbo LS motor in a crx. He can pull 1.8xx 60's spinning through 1st gear on a set M/T slicks. But he launches at 6000 and power shifts every gear and spends alot of time tuning it. So I think theres either alot of bad drivers out there or alot of un-tuned cars. Because my stage 4 WRX can't hang with Rob's turbo LS as it is, let alone if he had a GSR motor with a turbo in it. I need more mod's lol