Accord V6... Puleeese~
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Accord V6... Puleeese~ within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alright this is going to be another cocky story but whatever, let's just hope accord owners don't start complaining Hahah ...

I Support ClubWRX

Accord V6... Puleeese~

Alright this is going to be another cocky story but whatever, let's just hope accord owners don't start complaining Hahah jk they're nice cars but here's the story...

I was driving home from UCI last night, and when I was on the street University (a curvy road) I passed by a V6 Accord that looks kinda fixed up and I had no intention of racing him becuase V6 Accords are all automatic and they're not too fast. After University turned into Jeffery which is a big straight street I came to stop at a red light. Surprisingly the Accord starts to rev at me!!! I was pretty shocked because all it has is like an exhaus, lots of fancy little dress ups (like brighter headlights, clear corner etc.) but at the same time I was kind of scared that he had a H22A, a supercharger, or maybe NOS. The light was pretty long so he kept on revving me, and when the light turned green I basically blew him away. By the time I'm almost at the next stop light he was way behind me. I could of passed that light while it was still yellow but I decided to stop and maybe talk to him since it's always fun to talk to other enthusiasts.

I look to the left, the black accord has a pretty dark tint and he never rolled down the window to talk to me, so I was like whatever... But there he goes again, revving at me! This time I though I might as well just burn him again and not be nice anymore. So the light turns green, I hear him peel out, and then I see his hyperwhite headlights or whatever and then I flashed him with my hazards and I slow down, right when he passes me I step on it again in 3rd and blew by him again. I was being an ass but I didn't feel too bad since he asked for it.

Ehh... sorry if this is not too interesting but even its an Accord it made my night. I should just be an ass and bring my digital camera with me next time and take a picture of all the cars that I burn
    Tim
    Admin

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill!

Accord V6 engine(whatever it's called) = 200 hp/ 200 tq
    H22 = 200hp/around 150 tq

Theoretically, Accord with H22 swap is suppose to be slower if the engine is still stock. but of course the H22 has a lot more potential and aftermarket support.

Some Prelude tried to race me a while ago, and he did the same thing. I rolled down my window trying to talk to him or whatever, but he didn't even look over. Actually, he followed me all the way to my apartment complex. I was like wtf? and I tried to turn around and see what he wanted, but he then busted a U and took off.

And yeah! Make sure you take your digital camera next time.

Excellent kill! Nobody wants to race me any more... figures that once I started modding this thing, it would be this way.

I need to get a BOV or something else obnoxious and see if that helps....

yeah a H22A swap to an accord V6 is useless. Pretty much a waste of money. But a H22A swap into a civic/crx/del sol is a different story.
    Not many people modify their accords performance wise. Some of them have gen III drag kits tho, watch out for those.

Nice kill. I note that a lot of the accord/civic drivers are like that - they get burned and just bugger off. WTF? So they lose, so what? Aw well, what can ya do? Gloat, maybe?
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

tan
    And that guy just subtracted at least 10,000 miles from his transmission life!!!

Cool accord...

nice kill, some never learn and keep on, i try to watch that though seems they get stupid and start driving all crazy...seems alot of people can not take getting beat and be cool about it, even after they are the ones starting the BS...sucks it can't just be fun any more..

Actually I have a friend with an Accord that has an H22. The JDM, not the american prelude motor. ITs considerably lighter than the V6 and has a manual transmission. Of course - he had a 2L SOHC VTEC orginially, so its not a swap from a V6 - but the manual and the weight might be a reason to do it.

Joe

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah I think the Accord EuroR in Japan has the H22a Engine in there and it is lighter than the V6 Accords here but I think Accords are still more like a family car rather than a sports car.
    Tim
    Admin

Coming from someone who just traded his AV6 for a WRX last Monday, I'll tell you--it was a waste of his gas to race you! I mean, come on, what is he trying to prove???

I'm on www.accordv6.com and people there are putting 1000's into their car to "attempt" to get into the 13s. I'm talking:

1. Comptech S/C
    2. Art Carr/Level10 Tranny upgrade
    3. I/H/E
    4. Unichip
    5. Etc., etc., etc.

I spent around 3Gs on my Accord before I thought, "What the F--- am i doing?!?!?!?"

People with Accords (well, Honda in general) that want to race are usually out to prove something. Now, when those Integs/Civics start boosting, it gets interesting.
    2003 Toyota Tacoma Xtra Cab 4x4 V6 w/TRD
    2006 Honda Pilot EX with Leather/Nav
    2002 Acura TL-S (for sale)

2002 Blue WRX, gone but not forgotten
    2005 WRX STi to be...?

Nice kill...

Though I must run this by you:

My GF's dad has '98 Acura 3.0 CL, which is basicly an Accord. Auto tranny.

He just recently ran a 12.0x at E-town in NJ. This was on a 125 shot of nitrous, a bunch of other bits and pieces, and a few drag strip setup tricks.

I personally have little interest in modifying a FWD auto car, but some of them can turn out to be rather fast.

Kevin

I Support ClubWRX
    That's pretty sweet. The CL and the TLs are both awasome, especially the Type-S but if I were to get a nice sports sedan like that I would probably not fix it up.
    Tim
    Admin

i would have saved the gas, remember, it's a HONDUH
    '00 2.5RS

These people are pathetic on V6accord.com. Look at this quote:

"Try taking those 5.0 Mustang automatics!! I love seeing the look on their faces when an AV6 hands them their ass!! I killed my friend Rusty with his 91' 5.0 Auto with headers, filter, exhaust and i beat one last night that was stock. My friend pulled a 16.2 in the 1/4 and I pulled a 15.6. It's very laughable."

These guys are proud of the high 15 sec 1/4 miles and their cars cost more than ours! I love it!!!! Thanks Subaru

str
    I just traded my 98 Honda Accord V6 for a WRX Wagon. the Accord is a nice car and I liked it but no where near the performance of the WRX.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast