YES! One less ricer on the road! Vid - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on YES! One less ricer on the road! Vid within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by 2001S4 One, that is definitely a very old video. Second, WTF. The guy got into an accident ...

Originally posted by 2001S4
    One, that is definitely a very old video. Second, WTF. The guy got into an accident and you people laugh and just call him ricer? I guess those of you that laughed and made fun of him never got into an accident. I see absolutely nothing funny about that.
    Agreed.

Having my brother recently take his road test I am very surprised at how easy it is to get a liscense in this country. 3 turns and a parallel park and that was the test.

Anyway that accident was probably the result of the driver thinking he was all cool and not checking his blind spot over his shoulder and not seeing the car that was there. The aluminum wing probably got in his way. Its just that its a civic with a body kit and wing that wrecks and it was probably the result of the driver thinking he was invincible and not checking.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That looks kind a fake...they did not look like they were going that fast. If it was a dirt road I could see the rear kicking out like that on a frnt drv car.
    Not all who wander are lost

looks like he over-reacted and then over-corrected.... been there, done that, faired better though.. I don't see the problem people are having with these wreck posts... I think that we should take them as a reminder of how easily things can go wrong and the consequences involved... They used morbid pictures in my driver's ed class in HIGH SCHOOL for this... I think that we are all mature enough to take these as educational videos and pics instead of shunning them and forgetting anything ever happened.... hopefully we can learn from OTHERS experiences and not end up on one of these posts ourselves.

rant over..

Actually, the car looks fine after wiping out.

My theory is, guys like that aren't smert enough to know that 2.75in lowering springs require you to cut your bumpstops, and it basically kills the little suspension travel Hondas have already. The same type of "guy" I mention, probably dosen't know that stiff rear bars make your car tend towards oversteer.

So anyway. My take on it is, he basically rides on his bumpstops (like one of my friends' lowered RSX), so his suspension can't work properly. Turns, overcorrects, suspension can't work, so the tires get held in the same position and don't camber properly and PALAKAA! Ultra Dori Doriftu Time.

It looks like he put way to much Armor All on his tires.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

Originally posted by VA_WRX
    It looks like he put way to much Armor All on his tires.
    No, it wasn't an IS300

No, it wasn't an IS300
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

No, it wasn't an IS300
    haha, didn't that guy turn off the traction control too? And drive on wet roads?
    '02 Silver WRX
    - PDX Tuned Stage 2.5 w/ APS FMIC, ACT Street clutch & flywheel

it was funny for a split second, but then you realize the guy was probably dozing off behind the wheel. It can happen to anybody.

I used to be a newsreporter and covered highway fatalities all the time. The number one cause of death was dozing off and then crossing the center line.

This guy was lucky, nobody was coming from the other lane.

This is ironic, a very similar thing happened to me before, also in a four-cylinder Honda Accord coupe, except I made a quick lane change (because the car in front of me hit its brakes), and then I started swerving. I tried to correct the resulting fishtailing, and being my first year of driving and also unexperienced, I hit the brakes, making the weight of the car shift forward (like some people have mentioned), then my car did a 180 and went over the median (almost exactly like in the video), except not as bad.

Originally posted by tacomaboy138
    If you hit the brakes and jek the wheel at that speed the weight of the car will shift to the front wheels and the chances that the back end will step out are a great deal higher. It looks as if this is what happened to the driver of the Honda.
    Yeah, deffinetly used to much braking at the wrong time which got his back end out, you can just watch and see how he looses control everytime he hits the brakes. Deffinetly sucks, accidents are not fun.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

That was a perfectly executed scandinavian flick.

Originally posted by Silky
    That was a perfectly executed scandinavian flick.
    Except he didn't go where he wanted to!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123