Question about 2002 auto wrx

This is a discussion on Question about 2002 auto wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, how is everyone doing? I am looking into buying a 02 WRX automatic. I am just wondering what does ...

Question about 2002 auto wrx

Hey, how is everyone doing? I am looking into buying a 02 WRX automatic. I am just wondering what does the automatics usally run 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile? Also I do not see a general forum to ask a general question so I hope you guys do not mind but, how is the automatics in the WRX has anyone had any problems with them and is there anything I should know about the 02's in general with problems or anything else? Also I know the front looks different in the 04 but is there anything else different in the 04 v.s. the 02's performance wise excluding the sti? And if there is anything else anyone wants to add with the 02's that I might not of asked please tell me Thanks alot everyone for the info.

Nick

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm sure a bunch of others will tell you this same thing. If you can drive a manual, get it, you won't regret it. If you can't drive a manual, get it and learn. Stock vs. stock the auto doesn't even compete in accelleration. I think the auto runs 0-60 in high 6s and 1/4 mile in high 14s. But if you are dead set on getting an automatic, you couldn't have picked a better car. I'm not sure about this, but I think the 2004 auto has a tiptronic-like mode where the 2002-03 doesn't. But if you get an auto, don't worry, a high-stall torque converter puts you right up there with the 5MT.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

When I was stock I ran dead even w/an auto wagon on N20.
    I created my avatar.

I was thinking manual or auto myself before i got mine... I ended up with a 03 manual. I cant explain to you how much I would hate myself if i got an auto. If you get an auto you will rpobably be kicking yourself later...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

North Central Washington State--the drylands :)
    mjnoles1,
    I pm'd ya. My 4EAT shows no reliability probs after 40kmiles, with a COBB Club Spec kit. I enjoy it a lot.
    Best regards,
    wraven
    www.whiteravendata.com
    '02 WRX sedan, WRBP, 4EAT, Cobb Club Spec, other mods and pics at:
    http://www.whiteravendata.com/my_wrx.htm

My first response would be to get a manual. But don't be ashamed of getting an auto, i have one and im happy. Its still a pretty fast car.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)

Talking MANUAL!

1000 $$ more for auto....thats a big reason why i got a stick rex.

-My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Also try posting in the automatic secton of clubwrx.net, ask for the pro and cons
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

Originally posted by aheineken
    I'm not sure about this, but I think the 2004 auto has a tiptronic-like mode where the 2002-03 doesn't.
    The auto tranny did have a tiptronic-like mode in '02, I remember my uncle telling me about it.

Ugh.. get a manual unless you do nothing but snow driving.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

None of the US WRX automatics have Tiptronic modes.

I love my wife's auto Rex wagon....

But when I get my car next year, its gonna be a used 5MT WRX going stg 4 OR a Sti

I'd think that I can get a used rex for 16k or so next year, tag on the stg 4 and it'll still be under 25 grand. Sti is 31 grand easy..... decisions decisions