saw my first wrx sti
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on saw my first wrx sti within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, I have to say, IT IS SWEET!!! Makes me want to trade in my wrx for the new STI. ...

saw my first wrx sti

Well, I have to say, IT IS SWEET!!! Makes me want to trade in my wrx for the new STI. My modified c5 corvette is great but driving a blue wrx sti as a daily driver would be awesome. Some members on the corvetteforum.com also say it's a hoot to drive and would be a great daily driver. I just hate driving the vette on rainy days. Anyone yet race a ZO6 with an sti yet? I just love the daily drivability, not have to worry about rain and weather with my WRX.

c5wrx
    Good and Bad Weather Toys:
    1999 C5 Mallett Corvette
    2002 WRX sportwagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: saw my first wrx sti

Originally posted by C5WRX
    Well, I have to say, IT IS SWEET!!! Makes me want to trade in my wrx for the new STI. My modified c5 corvette is great but driving a blue wrx sti as a daily driver would be awesome. Some members on the corvetteforum.com also say it's a hoot to drive and would be a great daily driver. I just hate driving the vette on rainy days. Anyone yet race a ZO6 with an sti yet? I just love the daily drivability, not have to worry about rain and weather with my WRX.

c5wrx
    I raced a few C5's. Lunch. Sorry...

I have an STi and "raced" a non-Z06 C5. From 5-70 mph (where we stopped), he was unable to drop me. However, that is all my experience with Corvettes.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

A 2002 z06 on skinnies and slicks with a cold air intake was running 11.9x at US41 this past Saturday. On street tires, the same car runs low to mid 12's. Very good driver, however.

I'd put a dollar on a Sti vs a regular stock C5, but would count on a Z06 with a decent drvier to run away every time.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

no full run yet with one

Had a guy in a newer vette...00-02 body style....not a z06 (I don't think but don't really know)...messing around in traffic so there was not much to be done but he thought he could dump it and cut me off on several occasions and he was sadly mistaken, he was the one left having to fill in behind me once i blew by him.....i'm dying to get hold of one when there is nothing in front but straightway, i pulled so hard twice on this guy that I'm convinced I can take one easily. In the end he backed off, like he was scared or something
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

i like corvettes. =)
    "All the auto WRXs I've driven (alot, I work at a dealership) give me enough time to make a peanut butter and jelly sammich before they hit boost." - Rancid

SQC 120

Z06 makes me happy in the pants.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.