Damn Fast Cars
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Damn Fast Cars within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was thinking about it. Looking at all these cars that the WRX races. For the same money as my ...

Damn Fast Cars

I was thinking about it. Looking at all these cars that the WRX races. For the same money as my RSX I could be running with some big game. Now I'm not gonna say I want to trade it in for a WRX or anything but damn your cars are fast. Be safe out there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You know what tho? I just LOVE how the RSX type-S looks tho, it's is absolutely gorgeous!!! don't get me wrong either, WRX has her thing going on too, but i must admit it did take a lil getting used to.

---RaCinWRX

The RSX Type S has a six speed tranny, it's light, and it's an Acura. This means that the road noise and overall rattle trap interior in the WRX is not present. The thing is so tiny and flickable, it's probably a blast in the corners.

Now, when I got beside and RSX Type S on 295S one day and heard him down shift and the rev soared, I had time to laugh, downshift and become invisible to the poor old dude.

The RSX is a very nice car. Thanks for coming over to the club and (how shall I put this?) not being a ****.

-Jim

RSXs are soooo beeeeaaaauuutiifulll
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

I would be sold if the rsx-s came with a turbo and awd...but HIGHLY unlikely honda would do that. Acura quality, great looks, great interior, 6 speed manual, etc...etc... It was close when it came down to my decision b/w the 2002 gti 1.8t, the RSX-S, and WRX, but I have NO regrets in the choice I made. The wrx is a great car...not an acura (looks, quality, and ammenities), but still very nice.

-James-
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

Funny you say that

It's funny you say that

"It was close when it came down to my decision b/w the 2002 gti 1.8t, the RSX-S, and WRX, but I have NO regrets in the choice I made."

Those are the same cars I was considering (add in the Civic Si until I saw it looked like a Focus... then it lost contention). Hopefully I'll like the WRX as much as you.

tan
    Watch out for those mis-shifts!!!

If you accidentally misshift and kill your motor, Honda won't pay for repairs.

not a huge fan of the looks of the rsx. chevy cavalier much?

i'm a big acura fan though. i was stuck b/w the tl, cl type S, and a used legend (my favorite car EVER)

money came into play, then i drove the rex. once i cleaned the crap out of my pants, i bought it.

dR

I'm just waiting for the RSX Type R. Or should I say Honda Integra Type R.
    I read the review on the new ITR in one of my EVO magazines, and they say it performs a whole lot better than the previous ITR.
    I just love hearing that VTEC scream without all the sound deadening stuff. And I know that my friend's ITR handles better than my car right now.
    I don't think I'm gonna trade my car in for a ITR though. I'm in love with the beauty of all wheel drive(), and I'm pretty confident to say that my car should be able to out-handle ITRs with proper mods. But if I ever win the lottery, I would love to have a ITR along with my STi, Porsche GT2, Lambo Diablo, Ferrari F355 and etc. I'm gonna go keep on dreaming now...

I LOVE the a$$ of the RSX!!! I'm not that happy about the one of the WRX but I slowly get used to it until I see a RSX.....

Now, the front of the WRX is just beautifully damn nice!
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Actually, I love the way the back of the WRX looks. It's boxy in a traditional rally style, but not quite. It's short and a little cartoonish, but not like the New Bug...the front of the WRX, well I think pictures don't do justice to it. I do prefer something like Morettes or WRC replica headlights however...

Yah.. I like the a$$ on the WRX, and I can deal with the front shape. Whoever styled the headlights should be shot though. I'll replace mine with Moirettes eventually.

-Pace

Re: Damn Fast Cars

Originally posted by RSX-Suser
    I was thinking about it. Looking at all these cars that the WRX races. For the same money as my RSX I could be running with some big game. Now I'm not gonna say I want to trade it in for a WRX or anything but damn your cars are fast. Be safe out there.
    Why wouldn't you trade in your RSX for a WRX? I would in a second if I could afford it. Oh well, hopefully in a couple years I'll be able to afford a new car and then it will be a WRX for me!!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Originally posted by RaCinWRX
    You know what tho? I just LOVE how the RSX type-S looks tho, it's is absolutely gorgeous!!! don't get me wrong either, WRX has her thing going on too, but i must admit it did take a lil getting used to.

---RaCinWRX
    Hehe, the WRX exterior looks WAY better than the RSX exterior with just a little bit of work. The RSX interior wins in the originality department, but that's about it. The WRX seats are SO much better than the RSX seats. And performance... well... you didn't mention performance so I won't either.
    2002 RSX Type S

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    The RSX Type S has a six speed tranny, it's light, and it's an Acura. This means that the road noise and overall rattle trap interior in the WRX is not present. The thing is so tiny and flickable, it's probably a blast in the corners.

Now, when I got beside and RSX Type S on 295S one day and heard him down shift and the rev soared, I had time to laugh, downshift and become invisible to the poor old dude.

The RSX is a very nice car. Thanks for coming over to the club and (how shall I put this?) not being a ****.

-Jim
    The Type S NEEDS a 6 speed to partially make up for its crappy engine. It isn't really all that light compared to the Integra or Civics. I feel stupid for buying it because "it's an Acura". No one else should be that dumb. Anyway, for an "Acura", my RSX has had its share of problems and rattles.

Infamous misshift: happens to the best of us, luckily not me yet but Acura won't cover it... driver error
    1st-2nd gear notchiness: I have it but Acura says it is normal
    Burning oil: I have it, but Acura says it is within tolerances
    Bad gas mileage: I have it but Acura says it is within tolerances
    Weak parking brake: Luckily I haven't been hit but lots of peoplehave had their cars roll away from them with the parking brake on, Acura says it isn't a problem
    Weak fog light lenses: both mine cracked within a month but this is not a warranty replacement item
    Rattles, rattles, rattles galore!

Go to the problems forum in ClubRSX and take a look... these are not isolated incidents.

The RSX is NOT a blast in the corners. They traded in the front wishbones for mcphersons and the rear wishbones are no longer true double wishbones. Add to that the fact that the RSX is heavy and you can see why the RSX handles VERY poorly. A stock WRX should have no problems crushing a stock RSX in autoX.

Honestly, I can't think of a single reason why anyone who has heard of the WRX would buy any car other than a WRX. I wish I had but I didn't know they existed before I bought my POS.
    2002 RSX Type S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast