AWD Celica?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on AWD Celica? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Saw this on Toyota's Future vehicle site. Geez, 500hp in a little Celica . Impressive. Jared....

AWD Celica?

Saw this on Toyota's Future vehicle site. Geez, 500hp in a little Celica . Impressive.

Jared.
    Damn, the Temporal Prime Directive!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

heh, that celica has a 3sgte turbo mr2 motor
    free food is the best food

Freaky cool. AWD light celica.. a Celica thats WORTH IT!!!

tan
    That was the RMM (Rod Millen Motorsports) Celica shown last year.

It required the grafting of the ST205 chassis into the ZZT chassis, so it could become a capable of handling AWD. Also the engine mounts had to be custom made to fit a "S" block into a "ZZ" block mount locations. RMM decided not to use the existing WRC transmission, in favor for a dog box to make it more "streetable", but this affected the power transfer to the ground.The front end styling was made to look more like a F1 car. The project costed around 1 million dollars.

RMM also created the "Retro Cruiser" as well.

that celica is like 2 years old? I saw it at the NY auto show last year. It had some crazy gauges and boost controller inside.

if any company were to sell a 500HP car it would cost big moneys

if any company were to sell a 500HP car it would cost big moneys
    Case in point: The new Viper

Originally posted by jk147
    that celica is like 2 years old? I saw it at the NY auto show last year. It had some crazy gauges and boost controller inside.
    Yeah, I saw that Celica at LA auto show like couple years ago. When I saw it, I was like "HOLY CRAP" I love the magnesium wheels on that car too. I remember seeing a review on that car in Car and Driver or one of those magazines, and I think it pulled low 13s in quarter mile. AWD and 500 HP should equal to 11s or even 10s? Maybe they didn't launch it? I dunno.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.