What car was this?? Beat him anyway...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on What car was this?? Beat him anyway... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Could not figure out what kind of car this was.. Both got on to the highway, he was two cars ...

What car was this?? Beat him anyway... Answer: M Roadster.

Could not figure out what kind of car this was.. Both got on to the highway, he was two cars ahead, and I didn't feel like flying by him. So, I just passed him going 8 mph over, and tried to get a look at what he was driving.

Car looked like a BMW Z3, but had a M with the red and blue backslashes. Hardtop, dual exhaust... The M didn't have a number next to it. AND I am not positive that it was an M, but there was definitely no number.

Anyways, he followed me from a distance, and we both got off on to an exit to get on another highway. There was a truck in front of me, so we were both going around 45 mph. I knew he was going to try and take me going around the truck, once the merge began, so I downshifted to 2nd. Once I had two clear lanes (plenty of clear lanes in wyoming!), I hit it. I saw his front end jump up in my rear mirror, so I'm pretty sure he was on it. Anyways pulled to top of 3rd gear and pulled about 2-3 car lengths on him. Slowed down to 5 mph over and got ready to take my next exit. Once we hit the cloverleaf, he jumps on my tail. Of course, there is a car in front of me. I slow down a bit and then hit on the turn, and he jumps on it again (pretty sure the guy should be able to out handle me in the turns, with a Z3 body. Anyways, coming off the cloverleaf there is tons of traffic, so I am content to stay in my lane to get off at the very next exit. I was pretty sure he needed to get off there too. Anyways, dude jumps into traffic and passes me, I guess to make a point

Anyways, did some searching, and still can't figure out what kind of car it was.... ????

btw, 18g with a rough tune
    Last edited by wyowrx; 07-30-2003 at 12:17 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: What car was this?? Beat him anyway...

Originally posted by wyowrx
    Could not figure out what kind of car this was.. Both got on to the highway, he was two cars ahead, and I didn't feel like flying by him. So, I just passed him going 8 mph over, and tried to get a look at what he was driving.

Car looked like a BMW Z3, but had a M with the red and blue backslashes. Hardtop, dual exhaust... The M didn't have a number next to it. AND I am not positive that it was an M, but there was definitely no number.

Anyways, he followed me from a distance, and we both got off on to an exit to get on another highway. There was a truck in front of me, so we were both going around 45 mph. I knew he was going to try and take me going around the truck, once the merge began, so I downshifted to 2nd. Once I had two clear lanes (plenty of clear lanes in wyoming!), I hit it. I saw his front end jump up in my rear mirror, so I'm pretty sure he was on it. Anyways pulled to top of 3rd gear and pulled about 2-3 car lengths on him. Slowed down to 5 mph over and got ready to take my next exit. Once we hit the cloverleaf, he jumps on my tail. Of course, there is a car in front of me. I slow down a bit and then hit on the turn, and he jumps on it again (pretty sure the guy should be able to out handle me in the turns, with a Z3 body. Anyways, coming off the cloverleaf there is tons of traffic, so I am content to stay in my lane to get off at the very next exit. I was pretty sure he needed to get off there too. Anyways, dude jumps into traffic and passes me, I guess to make a point

Anyways, did some searching, and still can't figure out what kind of car it was.... ????

btw, 18g with a rough tune
    well the z3 ///M doesnt have a number so it might have been one, but i always thought that the ///M was like a hatch back or something
    2004 WR Blue WRX Auto with CBE.

sounds like a Mcoupe

was it this?
    05 STi white/gold
    89 240sx 390rwhp

BMW M Roadster?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 232274_3_full.jpg  
    <Ryan>
    '00 Silverthorn Metallic 2.5 RS
    '04 San Remo Red WRX Wagon

It probably was a hatch... I just knew that it wasn't a soft top, but it had the basic Z3 lines. Not too familiar with the bmws... So what kind of numbers does the z3///m put up?

I bet it was an M roadster with a hard top

Performance -
    Base Number of Cylinders: 6
    Base Engine Size: 3.2 liters
    Base Engine Type: Inline 6
    Horsepower: 315 hp
    Max Horsepower: 7400 rpm
    Torque: 251 ft-lbs.
    Max Torque: 4900 rpm
    Drive Type: RWD
    <Ryan>

I'm pretty sure it was the M roadster with a hard top, definitely wasn't the Mcoupe, at least not a new one. I replied the first time before the pics... Thanks guys..

Originally posted by mourning_air

Performance -
    Cool... Of course, I'm at over 6,000 ft altitude, so the n/a cars have a slight disadvantage.

NICE KILL!

here are more stats for the M roadster...
    0-60: 4.5
    1/4 Mile: 13.1
    1/4 Speed: 109

(http://www.car-stats.com)
    <Ryan>

NICE KILL!

here are more stats for the M roadster...
    0-60: 4.5
    1/4 Mile: 13.1
    1/4 Speed: 109

(http://www.car-stats.com)
    Of course as you know, that would be about a 14 sec car up here in the rockies..

Thanks man,
    Jack

If it was not 2001+ it only had around 240 crank hp.

Performance -
    Nice write up for the post 01 M roadster/coupe.

pre 01 US spec M roadster/coupe has the S52b32 which output 240hp/6000rpm and 236 lb-ft tq/3800rpm.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Those Mcoupes kick a$$ at auto-x.

Originally posted by Altered_Ego
    If it was not 2001+ it only had around 240 crank hp.
    Thanks for the info. I'm willing to bet that it was a newer one then. I'm pretty sure I would have pulled quite a bit more on it, if it had been 240 crank hp.

Nice Kill! There is a huge difference between the 2000 M roadster and the 01+ model of the same car (240 vs 315 hp). Few cars can hang with, let alone pull on the 01+.

I looked at purchasing an 01+ M roadster, but they are really rare. I live in Seattle where BMW's are everywhere, but couldn't find an 01+ (2000's are all over the place).

In the long run, I'm happy I ended up with my rex. It's much more practical and I've heard that the chassis on the M roadster isn't as stiff as it should be. Still, there's something about blasting through the twisties in a little roadster that makes me wish I had one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.