WRX vs. SRT-4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Pulled two cars on the launch and never looked back. I ran it all the way up to 115 or ...

Post WRX vs. SRT-4

Pulled two cars on the launch and never looked back. I ran it all the way up to 115 or so, still was not catchin' me.

What facilitated this race was when i was at the track, wrxes were running a best of 14.4 on stock turbo, and my buddy in his SRT-4 was clownin' i guess he says he ran a 14.0 flat, (slow track IMHO)

Our cars.
    i am on stock boost, up pipe and turbo back, 18 inch wheels,
    srt-4 is on stock boost with intake. although he has a profec B.
    christopher
    05 SMG M3
    04' WRX
    01' M5
    soontobetwinturboE92

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

stock vs stock...

well welcome to your worst nightmare

The SRT-4 dynos in at 223whp or something close to that and the wrx dynos at i believe 170whp. The SRT-4 stock should run low 14's so you friend isn't lying.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Nice Kill! I'm actually surprised he didn't start pulling on you after 80 mph.....after then, our turbo basically dies. Those SRT's have some crazy top end so watch out racing at highway speeds.

dyno on whp?....

that 223 for the srt4 at the wheel is on two front wheel...
    and have to drag the rear wheels...

that 160 sommething for the wrx is 4 wheel... spinning at the same time.... is not draging wheels....wich is easier...? 2 guy push the car up hill or 4 guy.....
    how acurate is the 4 wheel dyno anyway....

evo dyno at the wheel is like 180 somethin.... explaned why its faster then the srt4... and dont give me is because of no lsd for the srt4.... it dyno that high because of no lsd.... why do u think dodge didn't want to put it on.....

Originally posted by smolten
    stock vs stock...

i think it's the other way around cause "how can a car that dynos 170ish keep up with a car that dynos 230ish". its a freddy vs jason that aside, nice srt-4.
    autobots transform

Ike
    Seriously, what the hell is wrong with the back end of the SRT-4. Are they trying to bring back the dunebuggy look?

Sorry, it just bugs the hell out of me...

Some people are on crack. That's the most "whacked out" logic I've heard in a while. IF traction is not an issue (notice he got a 2 car jump due to traction), WHP (i.e. horsepower that gets to the ground) is WHP, regardless how many wheels are applying it. A 200hp AWD car doesn't have 200hp to each wheel, but 200hp total. This is why AWDs have great launches, but crappy highway pull compared with equivalent (Crank) HP FWD/RWD cars.

With comparable drag and gearing, the higher WHP car will pull on a roll, regardless how many wheels the car has driving it.

VV

Originally posted by aekwrx
    dyno on whp?....

that 223 for the srt4 at the wheel is on two front wheel...
    and have to drag the rear wheels...

that 160 sommething for the wrx is 4 wheel... spinning at the same time.... is not draging wheels....wich is easier...? 2 guy push the car up hill or 4 guy.....
    how acurate is the 4 wheel dyno anyway....

evo dyno at the wheel is like 180 somethin.... explaned why its faster then the srt4... and dont give me is because of no lsd for the srt4.... it dyno that high because of no lsd.... why do u think dodge didn't want to put it on.....

Originally posted by aekwrx

That was a junk evo. Most of them are dynoing at about 230+ whp. And on a highway roll, stage 1 srt's are walking EVO's, because stage 1 cars are pulling 237hp or so.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Nice Kill!!

When a WRX has some top end mods, it is very difficult for an SRT-4 to make up the 2-3 car difference from the launch.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by smolten
    stock vs stock...

Do you just troll the boards looking for chances to toot your SRT-4 horn? Stock vs. stock, I'll take you up on that. "Welcome to your worst nightmare."

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Can't wait to finally run one of those. There are two of them running around.
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

Originally posted by VetteVert
    Some people are on crack. That's the most "whacked out" logic I've heard in a while. IF traction is not an issue (notice he got a 2 car jump due to traction), WHP (i.e. horsepower that gets to the ground) is WHP, regardless how many wheels are applying it. A 200hp AWD car doesn't have 200hp to each wheel, but 200hp total. This is why AWDs have great launches, but crappy highway pull compared with equivalent (Crank) HP FWD/RWD cars.

With comparable drag and gearing, the higher WHP car will pull on a roll, regardless how many wheels the car has driving it.

VV
    Unless I'm misinterpreting your post, it's a little more complicated than that. An all wheel drive car (on an all wheel drive dyno) needs to accelerate and overcome friction to the front and rear wheels. A front wheel drive car (driving only the front wheels on a dyno) doesn't need to accelerate or overcome friction on the rear wheels on a dyno. On the road, the front wheel drive car will need to accelerate and overcome friction on the rear wheels. Therefore, all other things being equal (such as weight, gearing, etc.), if you have a 200 all whp car vs a 200 front whp car, the 200 all whp car will be faster because the power needed to accelerate the rear wheels has already been taken into account.
    2002 WRX WRB

My buddy just bought a black SRT-4 last night.. he needs to break her in.. but there is a whole line of us that want a piece of him.. he already bought the stage 1 for the car... it's on it's way.. cause he knows he will need it.
    0-60 in 5.678 on 4-21-03
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.098 @ 103.1 On the street
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.123 @ 100.3 At the track

is it me or does that SRT headlight look a lil bit like the STi JDM headlights?
    "All the auto WRXs I've driven (alot, I work at a dealership) give me enough time to make a peanut butter and jelly sammich before they hit boost." - Rancid

SQC 120

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast