Fairlady..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Fairlady.. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So.... A friend of mine got a G35 coupe manual. I let a close friend of mine drive my rex, ...

Fairlady..

So....

A friend of mine got a G35 coupe manual. I let a close friend of mine drive my rex, so I wasn't involve with their conversation. From what I heard from my friend, G35 dude was talking a lot of crap. He was claiming he would take me at any speed, including from a dig. Then another guy comes along and says it's impossible for a Rex to outrun G35, and STI would be better competition. It wasn sucha pleasant conversation to hear. I was I was there to back up my car.

A question I have is... How's G35s's aftermarket potential? Anyone have raced them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Before my GT went down, I ran into a g35 with dealer tags still on it...The guy jumped on me, but I quickly caught him and passed him up. Still, the thing was definitely fairly quick. I would think it could handle a stock-ish wrx pretty easily from a roll...
    2003 SRT-4

Agreed. They have 280chp stock and a 6 speed. In the end, the G35 will walk a stock Rex. If the Rex is nicely modded (read: turboback), then the Rex should win.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Originally posted by AjIsDope
    Agreed. They have 280chp stock and a 6 speed. In the end, the G35 will walk a stock Rex. If the Rex is nicely modded (read: turboback), then the Rex should win.
    I'm cobb chipped, uppipe, HKS TI exhaust, and boost controller. I think result would be different.

Anyone know of their aftermarket potential?

I beleive Greddy or HKS makes a nice turbo kit for it. Invidia makes an axle back exhaust.

EDIT: You will win.

Originally posted by AjIsDope
    what he said...but the G35 is slightly slower off the line, if both are perfect driver. At any other speed, the G35 will have the upper hand. A STi will destroy the G35.

btw, G35 is the V35 Skyline, not Fairlady. 350Z is the successor of the 300 "Fairlady" Z. I don't think Nissan still calls the new Z Fairlady, however.
    Last edited by FrankW; 07-27-2003 at 08:32 PM.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Originally posted by FrankW
    I don't think Nissan still calls the new Z Fairlady, however.
    I believe that's what it's being marketed as in Japan.

Originally posted by aj7897
    I believe that's what it's being marketed as in Japan.
    ]
    Sorry...

He had "fairlady" badge.

[i]I don't think Nissan still calls the new Z Fairlady, however. [/B]
    The 350z Track model are called "fairlady". I saw one the other day.. Unless the owner added the badge.
    04' JBP WRX Sedan

A STi will destroy the G35.
    Yep!

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Its falled a Fairlady Z in Japan for both older 300ZX and the newer 350Z in JAPAN, track or not track version!

In Australia its called 350Z Fairlady, as the Fairlady had a history here as well.

That G35 (Skyline in Japan if its a coupe) seems like a lovely car for 30 y/os I think...

It seems to perform well in the Best Motoring Videos believe it or not it outruns the MY03(04) stock WRX on the track! But the S2000 kills everything...
    "S15 Silvia - Are you enjoying the view from the side?"

G35 is the Skyline doesn't matter it's the coupe or sedan. The 4wd option is now available in Japan btw.

BestMotoring tested the G35 vs the 350Z vs the E46 M3 SMG. The performance of the G35 and 350Z is pretty much the same except the Z turns in a little quicker because of the shorter wheel base, but the G35 Skyline overall is quicker in their 3 lap test.

the M3 is just a lot more powerful than the other two and much faster. In the corner all three does pretty good as they said. Both G and the Z was the track model with bigger tires and brake.

G35 is the Skyline doesn't matter it's the coupe or sedan. The 4wd option is now available in Japan btw.

BestMotoring tested the G35 vs the 350Z vs the E46 M3 SMG. The performance of the G35 and 350Z is pretty much the same except the Z turns in a little quicker because of the shorter wheel base, but the G35 Skyline overall is quicker in their 3 lap test.

the M3 is just a lot more powerful than the other two and much faster. In the corner all three does pretty good as they said. Both G and the Z was the track model with bigger tires and brake.
    sup Frank, what are you doin on a WRX forum? this is bmms8 from MBW

btw, everyone he has a AMG
    2004 WR Blue WRX Auto with CBE.

Originally posted by bmms8
    sup Frank, what are you doin on a WRX forum? this is bmms8 from MBW

btw, everyone he has a AMG
    watsup... ....I don't know what brought me here...haha

just checking out all cars...I'm member on the M5 board, e46fanatics, and bimmreforum as well...lol

watsup... ....I don't know what brought me here...haha

just checking out all cars...I'm member on the M5 board, e46fanatics, and bimmreforum as well...lol
    You guys need to come over to LS1.com. We're kinda lacking in the super-fast German car category.

Besides, we'll put up a much better fight than most of the guys here.....

j/k
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast