Fairlady.. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Fairlady.. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Simp You guys need to come over to LS1.com. We're kinda lacking in the super-fast German car ...

Originally posted by Simp
    You guys need to come over to LS1.com. We're kinda lacking in the super-fast German car category.

Besides, we'll put up a much better fight than most of the guys here.....

j/k
    haha, i was like, did you just say that on a WRX forum??
    2004 WR Blue WRX Auto with CBE.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

but arent japans VQ motors twin turboed? i thought thats what the difference between the 350 and the G35 in japan was?..

Originally posted by wrxpaul
    but arent japans VQ motors twin turboed? i thought thats what the difference between the 350 and the G35 in japan was?..
    no, both are using VQ35DE that outputs 280ps/6200rpm and 37.0Kgm/4800rpm.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

aaaactually... the 350Z puts out 287 vs the G35's 280, but who's counting? having owned both cars (350Z and WRX and now STi) i can tell you that a stock WRX will surprise you against a Z. the WRX is a sneakier fast than the big V6 in the Z, and their numbers are really close.

Quoted out of Road and Track:
    Stock WRX 0-60 5.7 1/4 mile 14.4@95.4 mph

Stock 350Z 0-60 5.6 1/4 mile 14.3@100.2 mph

Stock G35 0-60 6.2 1/4 mile 14.7@95.2 mph

so, i wouldn't exactly say the G would walk the WRX; in fact, i'd say it would lose by a tad - the Z would be a more fair fight, and considering all the traction control present in the Z's (well at least the top 4 of the 5 trim levels have it), it's hard to really abuse it in a launch without the computer getting involved. turn off the traction control, you say? you can't, at least not entirely - you can hit a switch that says it's off, but it never truly leaves completely; it will save you from yourself. now the STi, different story altogether

and like i said, i owned 'em, i raced 'em, i modded 'em. they're all a lot closer than you might think.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

my numbers are the japanese rating which none can exceed 280ps. note that it says 'ps' instead of 'bhp'.

also, don't know where you got those times from, but the time tested by motor trend for G35 coupe 6-sp is 5.8 0-60mph and 14.2@99.4 1/4 mile. 02 WRX 5-sp ran 5.6 and 14.2@94.4.

So far, Motor Trend usually has the fastest test times amongst the magazines.
    Last edited by FrankW; 07-29-2003 at 08:16 PM.

Originally posted by FrankW

also, don't know where you got those times from, but the time tested by motor trend for G35 coupe 6-sp is 5.8 0-60mph and 14.2@99.4 1/4 mile. 02 WRX 5-sp ran 5.6 and 14.2@94.4.

So far, Motor Trend usually has the fastest test times amongst the magazines.
    as i said, my numbers come from road and track, but you further proved my point. the numbers are amazingly close. in fact, i think your numbers were closer than mine. i like that - thanks for helping prove my point
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

oops, now I see that you said it's from R&T.

anywayz, just from the numbers, WRX 5-sp and G35 6-sp is close in turns of 0-60 and 1/4 mile. But also from the number you can see that the G35 picks up speed faster than the WRX after 60mph. So, from a standstill, it's a very close race if both driver are perfect. From the roll however, G35 will probably win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.