03Cobra highway pull and 0-160 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 03Cobra highway pull and 0-160 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by CustomS10 i have that vid it looks to be a red supra with greddy on the side ...

Originally posted by CustomS10
    i have that vid it looks to be a red supra with greddy on the side right. if thats the one u got 0wn3d by that supra. was a sweeeet race tho
    Nope. That wan't me either. I ran a BPU supra on race gas... This is it. http://www.speedaddiction.com/Videos/cobrasupra3.wmv

I did see the one with the red supra. That dude has a single T04R turbo! I wouldn't be able to beat that guy either! I only trap 118 MPH best so far.

Do me a favor and don't post this on the supraforums.com. This is old news. We ran last winter and it has already been posted there.
    2003 SVT Cobra Coupe, BPU+
    - 14.5 @ 101 MPH
    - Slow snake = STi food (come get some )

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Fragbait
    Nope. That wan't me either. I ran a BPU supra on race gas... This is it. http://www.speedaddiction.com/Videos/cobrasupra3.wmv

I did see the one with the red supra. That dude has a single T04R turbo! I wouldn't be able to beat that guy either! I only trap 118 MPH best so far.

Do me a favor and don't post this on the supraforums.com. This is old news. We ran last winter and it has already been posted there.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...threadid=32994 dont think i'll be going there anytime soon
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by CustomS10
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...threadid=32994 dont think i'll be going there anytime soon
    Damm! Who ever wrote you that was a ****...
    - 14.5 @ 101 MPH

holy god the SC is LOUD, ive never ridden in a supercharged car, but wow that is loud...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

hehe, SC whine is annoying as hell imo.. people look at you like your car is going to fall apart and that you should probably buy an import... oh well, the 03 Cobra isnt exactly a grocery getter either though.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by STIwish
    hehe, SC whine is annoying as hell imo.. people look at you like your car is going to fall apart and that you should probably buy an import... oh well, the 03 Cobra isnt exactly a grocery getter either though.
    As the former owner of a 01 Lightning, I can tell you that the S/C, while loud, is schweet if you give it half a chance.

It seems like it's really loud because both windows were up when we did the runs. Normally I drive with the windows down and the exhaust will blend in with the s/c whine, making it less noisey. From the outside, it's a little bit different as the exhaust will drone-out the s/c whine. You can still hear the s/c, but it's a sweet note combined with the exhaust. It's an un-mistakeable tone that you better get out of the way! People have approached me at the track and say "damm that thing sounds schweet...." -- go figure.
    - 14.5 @ 101 MPH

i looove the s/c sound
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

lol, i guess its a good thing when the only downside people can find about our cars is the blower whine...and thats simply opinion..... the blower whine is the greatest thing about 03... its loud.. so when you give it some gas everyone around you knows not to f' with you because they wont have a chance....
    03 Cobra Satin Silver
    kenne bell sc

Originally posted by |T3|
    lol, i guess its a good thing when the only downside people can find about our cars is the blower whine...and thats simply opinion..... the blower whine is the greatest thing about 03... its loud.. so when you give it some gas everyone around you knows not to f' with you because they wont have a chance....
    ...unless they have a faster car. Then they know there's someone who won't know better and will make an easy kill. Unfortunately, I won't be the one to beat it.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

just wait till the TT kit comes out for the 03... 1000rwhp on stock internals and block... just turbo kit and fuel system... on something like 19psi... the designers of the kit expect mid 8's streetable 03 once they install the auto tranny....
    03 Cobra Satin Silver
    kenne bell sc

just wait till the TT kit comes out for the 03... 1000rwhp on stock internals and block... just turbo kit and fuel system... on something like 19psi... the designers of the kit expect mid 8's streetable 03 once they install the auto tranny....
    Why not just use the manual box?? I know auto id good for the track and all, but I would rather have the 6-speed for the street ya know!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

1000whp

yea, can't "wait" to see the traction with that set up....as in NONE.....my buddy 03 cobra's car was all over the road at half that hp so if you say its streetable i'd like to see how many sets of tires those guys burn through.....you guys better start saving up for some tires now
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

Re: 1000whp

Originally posted by Silver04Sti
    yea, can't "wait" to see the traction with that set up....as in NONE.....my buddy 03 cobra's car was all over the road at half that hp so if you say its streetable i'd like to see how many sets of tires those guys burn through.....you guys better start saving up for some tires now
    just don't tear thru the gears and u'll be fine or drive with dot slicks on the back
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

That was cool...CRAZY! But cool... That 03 sounded slightly modded but the RPM's did not climb like mine. Mine basically nails the redline in less that a second in 1st and 2nd and not much slower in 3rd.... Notice my 60 - 90 roll. Only takes less than 2 seconds. The 20 - 110 roll shows how fast the RPMs and speedo climb. THe car was SICK!

Before I sold it, I put on a 12" K&N filter for a Lightning. It was SO much quicker I could not believe it. So these video's show how fast it was when it was starved for more air (stock intake).

Guys are showing times of 11.3's @ 123+ with only exhuast, pulley, and chip. Using sticky tires.

The vids:

http://members.ctwisp.net/nate/mike/03cobra.htm

Yes they suck, but I did this myself while driving. Still shows how sick the car is.
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast