Raced a Turbo Porsche
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced a Turbo Porsche within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I think it was a 2003, had the small fixed wing, and Turbo across the back. I got the jump ...

Raced a Turbo Porsche

I think it was a 2003, had the small fixed wing, and Turbo across the back. I got the jump off the line and held him off until about 5k in 2nd gear when he started moving up, then I shifted to 3rd and he made this loud WHHHHOOOSSHHH sound has he flew past me. He was hauling ass in third, pulling away like mad. I knew I wasn't going to beat him, but it was cool that he raced.

I have a Vishnu Stage 0 and SBC-id. I would love to have the acceleration that he had in 3rd. Having a pretty quick car makes you appreciate how insane fast something like that is.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

that guy must be a **** driver

they have all wheel drive too and 450hp
    theres no reason he shouldnt have been able to pull you from stop and go
    1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    He probably didn't even realize he was being raced... sort of like us brushing an ant of our shoulder or something...
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by tacomaboy138
    He probably didn't even realize he was being raced... sort of like us brushing an ant of our shoulder or something...
    yep...I've experienced that many times...on both sides of the spectrum!! Its all a part of the game
    2003 SRT-4

I love that whooshing sound. A newer Porsche come up from behind me on the highway a few weeks back. Traffic was heavy but moving around 55mph. I kept hearing this pssht, pssht sound until he got an opening and went for broke. I heard one more big whoooooooosssshhh!!!! and he was out of sight. Too cool.

Maybe the guy in the Porche intentionally let him get the jump and he just reeled him back in.

Hehe sick.. Those Porsche turbos are very fast!

On my way to the track in NJ one time with my freinds, I pulled up next to a 911 turbo with a loudish exhuast, black car with black rims, and a black driver(haha just a funny coincidence). Anyway I pulled up next to the guy and me and my freinds look over and he puts up his hand and shakes his finger at me saying uh uhh, and takes off like a bat out of hell. That guys car was so fast, must have been trapping at 110mph at least.

Originally posted by PaulRex
    Hehe sick.. Those Porsche turbos are very fast!

On my way to the track in NJ one time with my freinds, I pulled up next to a 911 turbo with a loudish exhuast, black car with black rims, and a black driver(haha just a funny coincidence). Anyway I pulled up next to the guy and me and my freinds look over and he puts up his hand and shakes his finger at me saying uh uhh, and takes off like a bat out of hell. That guys car was so fast, must have been trapping at 110mph at least.

actually dude no offense but a turbo porsche(new ones anyway) trap at 121mph stock
    1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am

Originally posted by Cleaner13
    they have all wheel drive too and 450hp
    420 hp according to http://www2.us.porsche.com/english/usa/home.htm

Originally posted by deucetrey
    I would love to have the acceleration that he had in 3rd.
    According to the Porsche Car's NA web site, http://www2.us.porsche.com/english/usa/home.htm the Porsche Turbo weighs 1,540 kg.
    According to Subaru America's web site, a WRX weighs 3085 lbs or 1399 kg.
    So there's already a 141 kg (= 310 lbs) weight advantage for the WRX.

I couldnt find the gear ratios (quickly), but the Porsche Turbo's wont be shorter, that's for sure.

I would say that given the weight advantage you have got, 400 bhp would be more than enough to accelerate as fast as a Porsche Turbo.

If you buy a Greddy TD06 20G kit ($3,500), a fuel pump ($200), injectors ($700) and a good programmable ECU (say $1.500) and a good FMIC (another $1,500 approx.) you can have that amount of power. I'm probably forgetting a few bits and pieces, but for about 10k you can go as fast

The 0-62 on a 911 is sick, 4.2 seconds. Now the Carrera or Targa on the back on the other hand you can take with some mods (probably with just a mbc and a good driver). Their 0-62 mph is 5.0-5.2 seconds across a few models. But its gonna start pulling on you as you go. Ah a GT-2 is my dream car, AWD with 2 Turbos, and over 450 hp, I would settle for a 911 Turbo though even though it has about 40 less hp, but costs about 70k less.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

We had a 911 turbo six speed show at our MB club autocross a few weeks ago and it dominated. It was noticeably faster than a lot of high performance cars there (modded S4's, a stage 2 WRX, modded Cobra R, SLK32 AMG, my C32 AMG, new SVT Cobra, etc.) on street tires and took FTD by a wide margin.

While I had problems getting power to the ground on the tight course in the RWD AMG, the AWD, power, handling and awesome brakes of the 911 turbo were the ticket.
    2003 Subaru WRX Sedan 5 spd.
    Platinum Silver, TurboXS Stage 3 and lots of other goodies. See profile.

2002 Mercedes Benz C32 AMG

2005 Lotus Elise on order

Originally posted by Claudius
    According to the Porsche Car's NA web site, http://www2.us.porsche.com/english/usa/home.htm the Porsche Turbo weighs 1,540 kg.
    According to Subaru America's web site, a WRX weighs 3085 lbs or 1399 kg.
    So there's already a 141 kg (= 310 lbs) weight advantage for the WRX.

I couldnt find the gear ratios (quickly), but the Porsche Turbo's wont be shorter, that's for sure.

I would say that given the weight advantage you have got, 400 bhp would be more than enough to accelerate as fast as a Porsche Turbo.

If you buy a Greddy TD06 20G kit ($3,500), a fuel pump ($200), injectors ($700) and a good programmable ECU (say $1.500) and a good FMIC (another $1,500 approx.) you can have that amount of power. I'm probably forgetting a few bits and pieces, but for about 10k you can go as fast
    Yeah, your forgetting that everyone would still rather have that porsche.

Originally posted by KanosWRX
    The 0-62 on a 911 is sick, 4.2 seconds. Now the Carrera or Targa on the back on the other hand you can take with some mods (probably with just a mbc and a good driver). Their 0-62 mph is 5.0-5.2 seconds across a few models. But its gonna start pulling on you as you go. Ah a GT-2 is my dream car, AWD with 2 Turbos, and over 450 hp, I would settle for a 911 Turbo though even though it has about 40 less hp, but costs about 70k less.
    Actually the Turbo is the only one with AWD and two turbos. The GT2 is RWD with twin turbos not with AWD.

At irst glance when you said it had a fixed wing i thought you had mistaken a GT2 for a turbo. But then it said turbo on the back, becouse the turbos wing isnt really fixed cuz it rises at 75 mph etc while the GT2 has a fixed wing at all times(large as hell at that). just thought id clear that up .
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Yeah, your forgetting that everyone would still rather have that porsche.
    That's not true, as I wouldnt.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.