Raced a Turbo Porsche - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on Raced a Turbo Porsche within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Claudius Ok, that was fun, bed time here (4.30 am) (are you allowed to stay up that ...

Originally posted by Claudius
    Ok, that was fun, bed time here (4.30 am)

(are you allowed to stay up that late? )
    Tell how old you are, I will be happy to share my age.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    From the factory...a GT2 will slap a Viper silly in anything that is twisty.

If you are referring to the ORECA Viper GTS's (among others) that are raced in LeMans. Those are FULLY race-ready machines as are the Porshes they are racing against. It becomes more of a driver's race at that point and really knowing your machine.

About placing the engine in the wrong place. With the proper brake and suspension setup, one could use that rear engine placement to their advantage in order to hold the back end in place under hard cornering.

Some cars handle much worse due to their front engine RWD setup ala the Viper.

Stop poking at each other and get back to the good positive car talk like its supposed to be on CAR ENTHUSIAST's FORUM.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Originally posted by tacomaboy138
    From the factory...a GT2 will slap a Viper silly in anything that is twisty.

If you are referring to the ORECA Viper GTS's (among others) that are raced in LeMans. Those are FULLY race-ready machines as are the Porshes they are racing against. It becomes more of a driver's race at that point and really knowing your machine.

About placing the engine in the wrong place. With the proper brake and suspension setup, one could use that rear engine placement to their advantage in order to hold the back end in place under hard cornering.

Some cars handle much worse due to their front engine RWD setup ala the Viper.

Stop poking at each other and get back to the good positive car talk like its supposed to be on CAR ENTHUSIAST's FORUM.
    Where's the fun in that? I am just a 17 year old kid that wants a 10 year old slow POS car with a IQ or 17 and have to be in bed by 10:30 p.m. This is all I have man, don't take it away from me.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Where's the fun in that? I am just a 17 year old kid that wants a 10 year old slow POS car with a IQ or 17 and have to be in bed by 10:30 p.m. This is all I have man, don't take it away from me.
    Here's a dollar so you can get a donut LOL

Originally posted by Claudius
    Here's a dollar so you can get a donut LOL
    Good lord was that funny

Originally posted by brembo
    WHAT?!?

*scratches GT2 off list of cars that I want*

Guess the Enzo is out too, its prolly a gas hog.

Dont think I'm a troll as the ignorant number guy says. An Enzo is good, but wayyy too expensive. A GT2 is nice, but also too expensive, and with the engine in the wrong place, which gives is a pretty big cornering disadvantage indeed.

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Wow...very interesting convo...

Mods should really lock this Thread..cause it is getting pointless...abut 4 pages ago. If yu guys want to flame each other make an off-topic thread and bash each other.

Trust me it is truely funny reading this thread..its like a game show or some type of sick FOX reailty TV show.
    "HOW OLD IS HE?"
    "WHICH ONE IS THE TROLL?"

::drum roll::

-My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

Wow, when I started this thread I figured someone would get on here and flame me, or somebody, but not to this extent. Yes, the Porsche knew we were racing. How do I know this? Because when I pulled up next to him, the 15 or 16yr old kid in the passenger seat was looking back for me, since they turned right at the previous light in front of me and took off. Was he a shi**y driver? Maybe. Maybe he didn't feel like launching his car. Maybe he had no clue that a 4 door would get the jump on him. I don't know, I really don't care. Like I said, it was cool of him to race me and not be a prick about it, unlike the reaction of some people on this board.

Post has gotten way off topic, and I am forced to lock it.
    People can be members of this board and own different automobiles, we are all enthusiasts. Granted it is a WRX board and with that in mind the WRX is usually the topic of discussion.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456