Raced a Turbo Porsche - Page 6
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 76 to 84 of 84

This is a discussion on Raced a Turbo Porsche within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Claudius Ok, that was fun, bed time here (4.30 am) (are you allowed to stay up that ...

  1. #76
    Registered User 2001S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    845
    Originally posted by Claudius
    Ok, that was fun, bed time here (4.30 am)

    (are you allowed to stay up that late? )
    Tell how old you are, I will be happy to share my age.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #77
    Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, Ca (The Bubble)
    Posts
    1,908
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    From the factory...a GT2 will slap a Viper silly in anything that is twisty.

    If you are referring to the ORECA Viper GTS's (among others) that are raced in LeMans. Those are FULLY race-ready machines as are the Porshes they are racing against. It becomes more of a driver's race at that point and really knowing your machine.

    About placing the engine in the wrong place. With the proper brake and suspension setup, one could use that rear engine placement to their advantage in order to hold the back end in place under hard cornering.

    Some cars handle much worse due to their front engine RWD setup ala the Viper.

    Stop poking at each other and get back to the good positive car talk like its supposed to be on CAR ENTHUSIAST's FORUM.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

    Jeremy Clarkson has had my dream job.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #78
    Registered User 2001S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    845
    Originally posted by tacomaboy138
    From the factory...a GT2 will slap a Viper silly in anything that is twisty.

    If you are referring to the ORECA Viper GTS's (among others) that are raced in LeMans. Those are FULLY race-ready machines as are the Porshes they are racing against. It becomes more of a driver's race at that point and really knowing your machine.

    About placing the engine in the wrong place. With the proper brake and suspension setup, one could use that rear engine placement to their advantage in order to hold the back end in place under hard cornering.

    Some cars handle much worse due to their front engine RWD setup ala the Viper.

    Stop poking at each other and get back to the good positive car talk like its supposed to be on CAR ENTHUSIAST's FORUM.
    Where's the fun in that? I am just a 17 year old kid that wants a 10 year old slow POS car with a IQ or 17 and have to be in bed by 10:30 p.m. This is all I have man, don't take it away from me.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. #79
    Registered User Claudius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    173
    Originally posted by 2001S4
    Where's the fun in that? I am just a 17 year old kid that wants a 10 year old slow POS car with a IQ or 17 and have to be in bed by 10:30 p.m. This is all I have man, don't take it away from me.
    Here's a dollar so you can get a donut LOL
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  6. #80
    Registered User 2001S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    845
    Originally posted by Claudius
    Here's a dollar so you can get a donut LOL
    Good lord was that funny
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #81
    Registered User Claudius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    173
    Originally posted by brembo
    WHAT?!?

    *scratches GT2 off list of cars that I want*

    Guess the Enzo is out too, its prolly a gas hog.

    Dont think I'm a troll as the ignorant number guy says. An Enzo is good, but wayyy too expensive. A GT2 is nice, but also too expensive, and with the engine in the wrong place, which gives is a pretty big cornering disadvantage indeed.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #82
    Registered User Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Posts
    1,070
    Wow...very interesting convo...

    Mods should really lock this Thread..cause it is getting pointless...abut 4 pages ago. If yu guys want to flame each other make an off-topic thread and bash each other.

    Trust me it is truely funny reading this thread..its like a game show or some type of sick FOX reailty TV show.
    "HOW OLD IS HE?"
    "WHICH ONE IS THE TROLL?"

    ::drum roll::

    -My name is Tom not Jack

    Check profile for mods

    "I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #83
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Englewood, CO
    Posts
    153
    Wow, when I started this thread I figured someone would get on here and flame me, or somebody, but not to this extent. Yes, the Porsche knew we were racing. How do I know this? Because when I pulled up next to him, the 15 or 16yr old kid in the passenger seat was looking back for me, since they turned right at the previous light in front of me and took off. Was he a shi**y driver? Maybe. Maybe he didn't feel like launching his car. Maybe he had no clue that a 4 door would get the jump on him. I don't know, I really don't care. Like I said, it was cool of him to race me and not be a prick about it, unlike the reaction of some people on this board.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #84
    Registered User All8up's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ashburn VA
    Posts
    530
    Post has gotten way off topic, and I am forced to lock it.
    People can be members of this board and own different automobiles, we are all enthusiasts. Granted it is a WRX board and with that in mind the WRX is usually the topic of discussion.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •