Raced a Turbo Porsche - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 84

This is a discussion on Raced a Turbo Porsche within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I agree w/ whoever said he was a ____ driver or didn't know he was racing.. I actually tried against ...

  1. #16
    Registered User MustGoFast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    1,309
    I agree w/ whoever said he was a ____ driver or didn't know he was racing.. I actually tried against one once... I was right with him for like 20 or 30 feet (he left traction control on) and then good bye ... I saw nothing but tailights getting rapidly smaller.
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

    Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User 2001S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    845
    Originally posted by Claudius
    That's not true, as I wouldnt.
    were you the kid in school that wanted to do his homework during recess while everyone else played four square?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #18
    Registered User Claudius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    173
    Originally posted by 2001S4
    were you the kid in school that wanted to do his homework during recess while everyone else played four square?
    Look, I am talking about cars and how would rather spent 40k total on a scooby and make it go as fast as a Porsche Turbo than own a Porsche Turbo. Why are you making this personal?

    I am not asking you to believe that it is like I say, but a little more respect and a little less of those insulting assumptions would do you good, young man.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. #19
    Registered User TurbeauxREX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Des Allemands, La.
    Posts
    1,097
    Originally posted by Claudius
    Look, I am talking about cars and how would rather spent 40k total on a scooby and make it go as fast as a Porsche Turbo than own a Porsche Turbo. Why are you making this personal?

    I am not asking you to believe that it is like I say, but a little more respect and a little less of those insulting assumptions would do you good, young man.
    !
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  6. #20
    Registered User 2001S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    845
    Originally posted by Claudius
    Look, I am talking about cars and how would rather spent 40k total on a scooby and make it go as fast as a Porsche Turbo than own a Porsche Turbo. Why are you making this personal?

    I am not asking you to believe that it is like I say, but a little more respect and a little less of those insulting assumptions would do you good, young man.
    I am sorry, I was wrong. You are not the kid who wouldn't play four square. You are the one who never had a sense of humor. Sorry, gramps. I guess I should ask how old you are since you call me young man.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #21
    Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, Ca (The Bubble)
    Posts
    1,907
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I'm with Claudius on this one...as much as I would love to own a Porsche...Having a very fast scooby with blood and sweat that I personally put into it has a much more rewarding feel to it.

    Of course the ideal situation would be to have both!

    Before you all get on me for saying what I just said...

    I LOVE PORSCHES TOO!
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

    Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #22
    Registered User Claudius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    173
    Originally posted by tacomaboy138
    I'm with Claudius on this one...as much as I would love to own a Porsche...Having a very fast scooby with blood and sweat that I personally put into it has a much more rewarding feel to it.
    Yeah, but some people dont appreciate the raw driving machine, the want the luxury p e n i s extenders...

    You know what these people are? Japanophobic!

    And YES, the word exists, I did NOT make it up. And I have PROOF. A friend of mine went to a major library in London (United Kingdom, Europe) and looked it up, found it on page 1131 and took a picture

    Here you go, you bunch of haters
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails japanophobia.jpg  
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #23
    Registered User 2001S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    845
    Originally posted by Claudius
    Yeah, but some people dont appreciate the raw driving machine, the want the luxury ***** extenders...

    You know what these people are? Japanophobic!

    And YES, the word exists, I did NOT make it up. And I have PROOF. A friend of mine went to a major library in London (United Kingdom, Europe) and looked it up, found it on page 1131 and took a picture

    Here you go, you bunch of haters
    Do you really think that a Subaru is a "raw driving machine"?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #24
    Registered User Claudius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    173
    Originally posted by 2001S4
    Do you really think that a Subaru is a "raw driving machine"?
    I dont know about yours! LOL
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #25
    Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, Ca (The Bubble)
    Posts
    1,907
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Do you really think that a Subaru is a "raw driving machine"?
    Depends what you do to it...but I think you could make most performace cars into raw driving machines.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

    Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  12. #26
    Registered User 2001S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    845
    Originally posted by Claudius
    I dont know about yours! LOL
    WTF kind of response is that? I asked you a simple question. Do you really think that a Subaru is a raw driving machine? People have different tastes. I think the majority of people you ask would take the Porsche. That is my opinion on that. If you want a raw driving machine, turbo charged 4 and 6's are not the way to do. AWD is also not the way to go. You want a monsterous, torquey motor, RWD, and some good gearing. You really don't want 2 overdrives and a turbo charged 4 with awd. Something more along the lines of a Z06.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  13. #27
    Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Irvine, Ca (The Bubble)
    Posts
    1,907
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by 2001S4
    WTF kind of response is that? I asked you a simple question. Do you really think that a Subaru is a raw driving machine? People have different tastes. I think the majority of people you ask would take the Porsche. That is my opinion on that. If you want a raw driving machine, turbo charged 4 and 6's are not the way to do. AWD is also not the way to go. You want a monsterous, torquey motor, RWD, and some good gearing. You really don't want 2 overdrives and a turbo charged 4 with awd. Something more along the lines of a Z06.
    You don't think a rally car is a raw driving machine...?

    given it takes a lot of work to get our cars to rally spec but still...

    I definitely think that my driving skills would be humbled by the WRC Subaru or any other rally car for that matter....
    However, I agree that a z06 would be insane too.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

    Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  14. #28
    Registered User 2001S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    845
    Originally posted by tacomaboy138
    You don't think a rally car is a raw driving machine...?

    given it takes a lot of work to get our cars to rally spec but still...

    I definitely think that my driving skills would be humbled by the WRC Subaru or any other rally car for that matter....
    However, I agree that a z06 would be insane too.
    I think the "ultimate driving machine" is whatever you have the most fun driving. There is no set standard. However, when someone who registered this month wants to battle me and act like I am a troll, then I will have to argue with him to the fullest. Hope you understand tacoma
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  15. #29
    Registered User Claudius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    173
    Originally posted by 2001S4
    WTF kind of response is that?
    I guess that's the kind of response someone with your level of conversation deserves to get!


    Originally posted by 2001S4
    I asked you a simple question.
    Was my answer not simple enough for you?


    Originally posted by 2001S4
    Do you really think that a Subaru is a raw driving machine?
    That question is impossible to answer, as "a Subaru" doesnt mean anything.


    Originally posted by 2001S4
    I think the majority of people you ask would take the Porsche.
    Maybe. But then again, the majority of people dont know jack about cars!


    Originally posted by 2001S4
    That is my opinion on that.
    Isnt the world simple?


    Originally posted by 2001S4
    If you want a raw driving machine, turbo charged 4 and 6's are not the way to do. AWD is also not the way to go.
    Go tell the people who build the WRC cars. They must be clueless... LOL


    Originally posted by 2001S4
    Something more along the lines of a Z06.
    LOL! A vette! There arent enough laughing smilies on the WWW for me to show you what I think about that, but hey, if that's your idea of a raw driving machine, why not!? ROFLMAO

    (Did you know Porsches are crap?)
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  16. #30
    Registered User Claudius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    173
    Originally posted by 2001S4
    when someone who registered this month wants to battle me and act like I am a troll, then I will have to argue with him to the fullest.
    ROFL. Try me, boy!

    (you registered in Feb, so what? )
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •