SRT-4 test drive - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4 test drive within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by drizze99 He is STILL running stock boost (for a Stage 1 car). The stage 1 PCM is ...

Originally posted by drizze99
    He is STILL running stock boost (for a Stage 1 car). The stage 1 PCM is VERY smart!! So, if he were to add a MBC/EBC to the car and push more psi, the PCM will find a way to bring the power down to the levels that is programmed at. More than likely it will pull timing. Right now, noone has figured out how to "trick" the PCM. The reason he is putting down more hp/torque than a SRT-4 with JUST Stage 1 is the exhaust. Back pressure or lack there of, can not be accounted for by the PCM.
    So basically,

MBC > Stage 1

odd.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Ike
    Can I call them Mazduhs from now on, please please please! Afterall, a Mazda is just a rebadged Ford
    As long as I can call yours a scoobie-doo.
    Matt in ATL

2002 White Protege5
    17" Black Racing Sparcos - Eibach Springs - True HID Conversion - Leather Interior - Silver Carbon Fiber Dash Kit - Silver Carbon Fiber Gauge Bezel - Cerwin Vega 10" Sub - JL Audio Components - JL Audio Amps - JVC Headunit - AEM Intake - DG Carbon Fiber Eyelids - DG Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers - DaveB Gauge Rings - Autoexe Grill
    The biggest problem with the SRT-4 is, it's a ****ing Neon.
    Coming Later: Nothing for a while

Boom Stick, what's up man? Me no issues at all. That one is news to me. Where did you read that one at? I'm not saying that there have zero problems, cause there have been a couple with some of the guys, but that's what the warranty is for! IMO, no matter what car you buy and who makes it, there are always gonna be a few issues. I bet the WRX had a ffew bugs in it it's first year. Maybe not in the US, but when it was first released in Japan.

RN, are you saying you have a GT cruiser with a Hahn turbo in it OR a PT Cruiser with a Hahn S2 in it?
    I have an early build 2001 PT Cruiser with the Hahn turbo kit and engine parts, in theory, on the way. Everything but the block is getting replaced or worked on. Turbo kit not yet installed thanks to the jackass not sending all the parts for the May 19 engine build. However, the turbo kit is sitting in a box in my closet and the engine parts are in boxes in VA.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by renichms
    I have an early build 2001 PT Cruiser with the Hahn turbo kit and engine parts, in theory, on the way. Everything but the block is getting replaced or worked on. Turbo kit not yet installed thanks to the jackass not sending all the parts for the May 19 engine build. However, the turbo kit is sitting in a box in my closet and the engine parts are in boxes in VA.

RN
    RN-

Keep me posted when you get everything in place!! I can't wait to hear what kind of numbers you churn out of that Cruiser!! Are you going sleeper?
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

drizze99, maybe you can answer this for me.

Why is the SRT-4 so much faster than the PT turbo?

Last I heard they had the same drivetrain. I know the PT is heavier but that can't make too much of a difference. Times for the PT i've seen are high 14s and the SRT-4 is high 13s-low14s.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

PT Turbo has different intake system, different exhaust, doesn't have the huge FMIC, and uses a different tranny. That plus the weight is why it's so much slower.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Originally posted by ebbtide
    PT Turbo has different intake system, different exhaust, doesn't have the huge FMIC, and uses a different tranny. That plus the weight is why it's so much slower.
    RN-

What ebbtide said and I also think the mapping on the PCM is different. They only put 180ish/205ish to the wheels.

I finally had a chance to look inside my buddies GT this weekend and the FMIC is really small compared to the SRT-4. I also don't think it has nowhere near the breathing room the FMIC has on the SRT-4.

Altogether, there is just a lot more restrictions on the GT.

RN-

Keep me posted when you get everything in place!! I can't wait to hear what kind of numbers you churn out of that Cruiser!! Are you going sleeper?
    Definitely not a sleeper...it was a show car beforehand. Trying to sell it but if it doesn't go, I build engine then try again.

Someone with a similar setup has gotten to 255 whp but he's pushing lower boost than I can because his clutch is weaker.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

fastest car EVAR

Originally posted by smolten

fastest car EVAR
    Dumbest statement EVAR
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

gayest avatar EVAR!!!!

gayest avatar EVAR!!!!
    I must say that as a movie buff, this is a pretty cool avatar.
    Matt in ATL

2002 White Protege5
    17" Black Racing Sparcos - Eibach Springs - True HID Conversion - Leather Interior - Silver Carbon Fiber Dash Kit - Silver Carbon Fiber Gauge Bezel - Cerwin Vega 10" Sub - JL Audio Components - JL Audio Amps - JVC Headunit - AEM Intake - DG Carbon Fiber Eyelids - DG Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers - DaveB Gauge Rings - Autoexe Grill
    The biggest problem with the SRT-4 is, it's a ****ing Neon.
    Coming Later: Nothing for a while

gayest avatar EVAR!!!!
    OK, who the hell is this and what movie is it from? I see this dude in SOOO many avatars!!

The movie is Clockwork Orange.

And that is a very young Malcolm McDowell. Great movie!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.