SRT-4 test drive - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4 test drive within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by drizze99 RN, it all depends on the servicing dealer! I've got mine inline! Buying a turbo kit ...

Originally posted by drizze99
    RN, it all depends on the servicing dealer! I've got mine inline!

Buying a turbo kit for the GT Cruiser/SRT-4 is immposible right now. The turbo in this car is reverse flow AND it is all one unit. By that, I mean the wastegate, surge valve, turbo are ALL bolted to the exhaust manifold. Noone has come out with a complete kit as of yet, but I do believe there are a few shops working on it!!
    I have a PT turbo kit. Hahn turbo, not factory. Capable of higher boost too.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by AWDWRX43
    Those are some great upgrades to that car...make me want one now...
    Dear God AWDWRX, please take it back, PLEASE!

The SRT-4 is a good fast car and does have better low end torque, but for bang for the buck, my money is 100% on the WRX.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but a SRT-4 will kill a WRX from a roll, but from the line the WRX will take the SRT-4 (not by a lot Drizzie, dont worry bud, I dont feel like repeating our last discussion )

Also, Drizzie, any update on any quality issues w/ the SRT-4? Not flaming, just curious as you seem to be the resident guru on the SRT-4. Read a post the other day where a guy got his SRT-4 and they put the waste gate hoses on backwards at the factory So he promptly bought a WRX

Originally posted by Lt. Boom Stick
    Dear God AWDWRX, please take it back, PLEASE!

The SRT-4 is a good fast car and does have better low end torque, but for bang for the buck, my money is 100% on the WRX.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but a SRT-4 will kill a WRX from a roll, but from the line the WRX will take the SRT-4 (not by a lot Drizzie, dont worry bud, I dont feel like repeating our last discussion )

Also, Drizzie, any update on any quality issues w/ the SRT-4? Not flaming, just curious as you seem to be the resident guru on the SRT-4. Read a post the other day where a guy got his SRT-4 and they put the waste gate hoses on backwards at the factory So he promptly bought a WRX
    Boom Stick, what's up man? Me no issues at all. That one is news to me. Where did you read that one at? I'm not saying that there have zero problems, cause there have been a couple with some of the guys, but that's what the warranty is for! IMO, no matter what car you buy and who makes it, there are always gonna be a few issues. I bet the WRX had a ffew bugs in it it's first year. Maybe not in the US, but when it was first released in Japan.

RN, are you saying you have a GT cruiser with a Hahn turbo in it OR a PT Cruiser with a Hahn S2 in it?
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by AWDWRX43
    Those are some great upgrades to that car...make me want one now...
    If you are stuck, get the dodge. The wrx was something that i really wanted for almost two years before I could afford it. I sit in class and can't wait for it to be over so I can go drive.
    It's like your going to get married but there are some hot chicks that keep catching your eye. If that is the case, don't get married.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

pro5man, I just happen to notice your sig...."The biggest problem with the SRT-4 is, it's a ****ing Neon."

WOW, I didn't know that. Here, I thought I bought different car. So it's just a ****ing neon, huh? Is that what all your Mazda boys tell you to say?

I just love when people tell me it's just a ****ing neon. They are the smartest people I know. Guess what, I guess you're one of them!

the srt-4 is the only dodge i would even think about buying. Even though i have not liked neons in the past, it has proven to be a good car with none of the things i have hated in the past
    dont have a wrx.......yet
    I dont care how many stewerdesses you've bagged I still think your a lousy pilot ( if you know what show thats from i owe you a cookie)
    Onion horoscope of the week:Pisces: (Feb. 19óMarch 20)
    The stars foretell your life continuing in much the way it always has for the next few months.

I Support ClubWRX
    I would add the SRT-10 to my list of Dodges that I'd buy. *Drool*
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Integra96
    I would add the SRT-10 to my list of Dodges that I'd buy. *Drool*
    Which one? Ram w/Viper motor or the Viper? I think I would take 1 of each. I mean, hey, you need something to tow the Viper to the track with!!

pro5man, I just happen to notice your sig...."The biggest problem with the SRT-4 is, it's a ****ing Neon."

WOW, I didn't know that. Here, I thought I bought different car. So it's just a ****ing neon, huh? Is that what all your Mazda boys tell you to say?

I just love when people tell me it's just a ****ing neon. They are the smartest people I know. Guess what, I guess you're one of them!
    First off no one tells me what to say. Secondly last time I checked I was intitled to my own opinion. I've always found the car at least moderately interesting. But at the end of the day your car is a hopped up neon. Just as the MP3 and Mazdaspeed are both just hopped up Proteges. The whole thing with Dodge releasing the upgrades that won't void the warranty is really cool. I wish Mazda would step up and do something like that.
    Matt in ATL

2002 White Protege5
    17" Black Racing Sparcos - Eibach Springs - True HID Conversion - Leather Interior - Silver Carbon Fiber Dash Kit - Silver Carbon Fiber Gauge Bezel - Cerwin Vega 10" Sub - JL Audio Components - JL Audio Amps - JVC Headunit - AEM Intake - DG Carbon Fiber Eyelids - DG Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers - DaveB Gauge Rings - Autoexe Grill
    The biggest problem with the SRT-4 is, it's a ****ing Neon.
    Coming Later: Nothing for a while

drizze99 I also just noticed your sig. I must say that I wouldn't mind taking a ride in a SRT running those mods.
    Matt in ATL

2002 White Protege5
    17" Black Racing Sparcos - Eibach Springs - True HID Conversion - Leather Interior - Silver Carbon Fiber Dash Kit - Silver Carbon Fiber Gauge Bezel - Cerwin Vega 10" Sub - JL Audio Components - JL Audio Amps - JVC Headunit - AEM Intake - DG Carbon Fiber Eyelids - DG Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers - DaveB Gauge Rings - Autoexe Grill

Originally posted by pro5man
    drizze99 I also just noticed your sig. I must say that I wouldn't mind taking a ride in a SRT running those mods.
    I have a friend in Atlanta that is running a SRT-4 with Stage 1 and 3" turbo-back exhaust with no cats, just race pipe. His car puts domn 246/297 to the wheels. I can see if I can arrange something if you are serious.

True, everyone is entitled to their opinion and thats what makes this country so great. I just don't see why you would want that in your sig. It's like if I or whoever put the WRX is just a hopped up Imprezza or a MSP is just a Protege or the the Spec V is just a Sentra and so on.

Well I did just copy and paste my sig from protege5.com. So if I offended you I apologize. I'm very leary of any american car. But maybe I'll go give the SRT-4 a little test drive.
    Matt in ATL

2002 White Protege5

I have a friend in Atlanta that is running a SRT-4 with Stage 1 and 3" turbo-back exhaust with no cats, just race pipe. His car puts domn 246/297 to the wheels. I can see if I can arrange something if you are serious.

True, everyone is entitled to their opinion and thats what makes this country so great. I just don't see why you would want that in your sig. It's like if I or whoever put the WRX is just a hopped up Imprezza or a MSP is just a Protege or the the Spec V is just a Sentra and so on.
    What?

That doesnt make sense he has more money into his mods than you and makes less power...?

Originally posted by Steve-o
    What?

That doesnt make sense he has more money into his mods than you and makes less power...?
    He is STILL running stock boost (for a Stage 1 car). The stage 1 PCM is VERY smart!! So, if he were to add a MBC/EBC to the car and push more psi, the PCM will find a way to bring the power down to the levels that is programmed at. More than likely it will pull timing. Right now, noone has figured out how to "trick" the PCM. The reason he is putting down more hp/torque than a SRT-4 with JUST Stage 1 is the exhaust. Back pressure or lack there of, can not be accounted for by the PCM.

Ike
    Can I call them Mazduhs from now on, please please please! Afterall, a Mazda is just a rebadged Ford

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast