Me vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (with something extra)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Me vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (with something extra) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I'm cruising down the road and get stopped at a light. A guy in a Sentra SE-R pulls up ...

Me vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (with something extra)

So I'm cruising down the road and get stopped at a light. A guy in a Sentra SE-R pulls up next to me and asks if I want to go, but further on down the road due to certain "official" presence in the area. So we pull onto another road with no one around and go on three.

Ok, at first I'm thinking I'm going to pretty much blow this guy away. I've got a TXS turbo-back and he looks completely stock. I take him out of the hole, but to my surprise I'm only pulling VERY slowly. So we go again, this time he asks from a roll because he know I'll get him out of the hole. So we do it from about 15 mph and we are pretty much neck and neck. I pull up next to him and said, "Is that thing stock?!?!" Thank god he said no. We pulled over and chatted. Turns out he's juicing with a 55 shot, but the rest is stock. We went a few more times with the same results.

I almost had a heart attack when he was staying with me in a car I thought was stock. Before he told me it wasn't stock, I was wondering what I'm going to spend my money on next so that wouldn't happen again!!! But I'm still thinking of what I'm going to spend my money on next........

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I wonder what a Spec will run with that shot? I've driven many Spec V's and they aren't even in the same class as a WRX! Handling on the other hand...I think the Spec V is a little better than a WRX, at least on dry pavement. Nice kill
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Integra96
    I wonder what a Spec will run with that shot? I've driven many Spec V's and they aren't even in the same class as a WRX! Handling on the other hand...I think the Spec V is a little better than a WRX, at least on dry pavement. Nice kill
    I would guess a Spec V with a 50 shot should run high 14s or so. They run mid to high 15s bone stock. So I could see a SPEC V with a 50 shot giving a stock WRX a pretty good race, especially from a roll.

I raced some kid in a Spec V yesterday and killed him by about 5 car lengths up to 70mph.
    Whats funny is I could see this kid trying to catch up to me from behind. Then he made sure to line up next to me at the next stop light. He really wanted to race me. So I just had to do it.

I have a friend with a stock se-r that ran 15.1...pretty impressive I think. Of course that was in the hands of a good driver.

Cool SE-R's....

my brother has a newer SE-R and we've ran a couple times on a closed road.. never had a chance from a roll or from the dig.. that was before i had all the mods now.. i can't see a 50shot making that much of a difference if the rest of the car is stock, than again maybe it could
    it's stock really....

Well it's not a bad car. It has an LSD tranny and 170hp, so it's not too slow. I think they run mid-low 15's stock, and I have seen a few here in Phoenix run high 14's with just an intake, so they are not too bad of a car.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

I traded my 02 Spec V for an auto Rex for my wife 6 months ago. I still miss how nimble the Spec V is but the turbo is just a blast.

The Spec has gobs of power on the launch and it would take a very good driver to launch them off the line. Even with the LSD the Spec spins like crazy through its very pathetic gearing.

A stock WRX will have a hard time with a Spec V with a 50 shot from a roll IMO. But then again, running 50 shot on the Spec V was something that I will not dare do since the QR25 engine isn't as strong as the infamous SR20.

yeah, those spec-v's have some mad torque steer.... my friends got one... and launchin it off the line you can't keep it straight..... crazy... but nice car.... he hasn't run it.. he's just got intake/exhaust......i still beat him, I'm stock

About launching... the guy seemed to know what he was doing pretty good, but he still had a fair amount of spin and hop. Overall I thought he handled it well though, kept the car nice and strait. I could definitely see someone having a very hard time with that car if they didn't know what they were doing... especially with a shot of nitrous!

I thought once you hit that little button your head gets slammed back and you fly past whatever it is you were racing.

My son after seeing F&F thinks I should get like 10 of those naawws buttons since of course you can only press each button once per run.

Originally posted by PKer
    I thought once you hit that little button your head gets slammed back and you fly past whatever it is you were racing.

My son after seeing F&F thinks I should get like 10 of those naawws buttons since of course you can only press each button once per run.

Hahahaha... that's it! Yea, all you need to do is time when you hit that magical little button and the world will be yours! Worked in the movie, right??

W3rd!

Back on topic: I was seriously looking at the Spec-V Sentra, I liked the 6speed and I'm sure cornering is quite good.
    I've seen them at auto-x events and they do pretty well.

It's no WRX though I am still in love with this car after 1-3/4 years.

I Support ClubWRX
    Get the WRX! I wish I could afford one... The Spec V is very nice and (I think) has somewhat better handling than the Rex. But the AWD and turbo for $24k is untouchable. I've flogged both cars and the WRX gets an EASY win in my book.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Integra96
    Get the WRX! I wish I could afford one... The Spec V is very nice and (I think) has somewhat better handling than the Rex. But the AWD and turbo for $24k is untouchable. I've flogged both cars and the WRX gets an EASY win in my book.
    Are you telling me to get a WRX?

Yeah I guess I should, know a good dealer?
    First thing I want to do is get a Cold Air Intake, a Manual Boost Controller and a Blow off Valve.
    That would be cool!

Originally posted by PKer
    Are you telling me to get a WRX?

Yeah I guess I should, know a good dealer?
    First thing I want to do is get a Cold Air Intake, a Manual Boost Controller and a Blow off Valve.
    That would be cool!

Um, I take it that is sarcasm?? hahahaha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.