Me vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (with something extra) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Me vs. Sentra SE-R Spec V (with something extra) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ...

I Support ClubWRX
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah sarcasm. I have a WRX I like it a lot.
    That's what I meant by "It's no WRX though I am still in love with this car after 1-3/4 years."

Hahhahaa... yup, thought so

I raced one before actually, It didn't seem like much but maybe it was auto and they didn't know how to drive or something (two guys in it). I got out into a big lead, and let up at like 75/80 because that was way to fast on that road. They did a flyby though.
    -Andrew

Originally posted by LemonHerb
    I raced one before actually, It didn't seem like much but maybe it was auto and they didn't know how to drive or something (two guys in it). I got out into a big lead, and let up at like 75/80 because that was way to fast on that road. They did a flyby though.
    If it was an auto (and you didn't say you were sure), that would be a standard SE-R..the Spec-V is only offered with a 6-speed. The standard 5-speed SE-R is just as fast as the Spec anyway..

Coming from an '03 Spec-V to the WRX I can say a few things about them. The '03 had a lot of the '02 torque steer problems, but revised gearing in the tranny reduced it somewhat . Handling wise, the Spec (stock) is a better handling car than the WRX hands down. That is partially due to a larger wheel and tire combo, but the spec's suspension is tuned just right. There is no comparison between the motors though. The Spec is brutal, very torque-y but ultimately not as strong as the WRX. The Spec will see 140 mph if given enough space...as far as quarter times, a few guys on the Spec-V boards were hitting 15 flats and even fewer guys 14.8-14.9..with i/h/e, the car can, on a good day, pull a low to mid 14...not too shabby..but..the desire (10 years worth) to own a rex was too much and alas, I traded the Spec in..I loved that car..but I am much happier with my WRX...
    -Colin

'03 Blue Meanie Rex
    '88 Isuzu I-Mark RS Turbo
    '83 Porsche 944
    '79 Datsun 280ZX the "Skittle"
    '77 Datsun 280Z
    '72 Datsun 240Z Blue 'not so" Meanie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12