Killed an S2000 (kinda long)

This is a discussion on Killed an S2000 (kinda long) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was planning to write a paragraph but it turned out a little longer . Anyways... I was driving over ...

Killed an S2000 (kinda long)

I was planning to write a paragraph but it turned out a little longer . Anyways...

I was driving over to a party with 3 friends through a industrial area in the Norwalk/Whittier area. My bud was in the passenger seat and I had 2 girls in the back. I get to a red light and find myself alone with a nice looking black S2000 next to me. My friend is telling me to rev at him but I don't want to since I have a total of4 people in my car and don't want to get beaten.

Anyways, the light turns green and the S2K takes off a little faster than average. I also do the same, but I push it a little harder to pass him in 2nd gear. As far as modifications go I only noticed a larger dual exhaust than usual (my mods are in the sig and are basically uppipe/turboback/ebc). He had a custom plate that read STAYAT9 and some mbmotorsports.com sticker on the back. All of the sudden I hear him downshift and floor it past me. The light ahead turns red and both of us slow down rapidly.

We exhanged a few words, I really forgot what we said though but the race was on. We were both revving waiting for the light, more me revving than him since I'm trying to hold boost for the launch. The opposing traffic lights go yellow and then red, then ours goes green and we're off. I get a 1 car jump on him but I bogged the launch and find myself at 3000rpm in 1st gear. I was expecting him to come flying by but no such thing happened. I gained more and more ground. By first I had about 2-3 cars, by the end of 2nd I had about 6-7 cars, and I let off halfway through 3rd at another red light.

He tells me he totally burned his clutch on the launch and I could believe him with all the smell he had following him and the horrible launch. He asks to race again and asks me to follow, I do so and we go to a nice long open stretch about a mile or two away. On the way I upped my boost from 15.6psi to 16.3psi (or from 1.10kg/cm^2 to 1.15kg/cm^2 as it says on the AVC-R). This time the light wouldn't turn red so we just stopped at the green (no traffic) and he said he'll count to 3 and we go.

He yells out ONE TWO THREE and we're both on it again. This time I barely get a one carlength jump but I didn't bog it and my 1st gear pulls smoothly extending my lead to about 2-3 cars by the end of 1st. All through 2nd gear my lead stayed about the same. Through 3rd gear I think my lead still stayed the same all the way to when I shifted at about 85mph. Of course 4th is my where the gearing wears thing but he only managed to start inching at me. From when I shifted to 4th till about 105mph he might have gained a little less than a carlength. If I wanted to, I'm sure I could have actually held him all the way to 4th's redline with him slowly getting closer the whole way, but I think I was already going fast enough.

After that we just wave and go our seperate ways.

I never thought I could take an S2000 while having about 450lbs of passengers so I'm really happy about that.
    Last edited by JimDab; 07-27-2003 at 01:28 AM.
    2003 WRBlue Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan
    For Go: APEX'i AVC-R, Godspeed Uppipe, Samco IC Hoses
    For Show: JUN Eyelids, Clear Side-Markers, Momo RaceAir Shift Knob
    For Handling: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Cusco Rear Sway Bar

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Awesome.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

nice kill...those cars really have to be driven properly to take advantage of the high rev power they have...
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex