First Mustang GT kill
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on First Mustang GT kill within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well after owning my wrx for a nearly a year, I finally got to race a Mustang GT today but ...

Angry First Mustang GT kill

well after owning my wrx for a nearly a year, I finally got to race a Mustang GT today but it really wasn't that much of a race.

In fact, it was kind of sorry.

I was approaching a stop light at a three-lane intersection today, when I noticed out the corner of my eye a red mustang convertible fast approaching on my left.

I was doin' the old endzone dance in my head because I've been wanting to race a GT ever since I bought my wagon.

The car was probably a mid to late 90s model (previous generation), which actually still looked very nice.

I knew the guy would try to be sneaky about launching, so I waited for him to leave the light and then he nailed it a few seconds later. I did the same and caught him pretty quickly. I even bogged shifting into second but I still hung with him.

A few hundred feet up the road another red light. This time I look at the guy and he just looks straight ahead, waiting for the light to turn.

The instant it did, I hammered the throttle and pretty much left him behind. a quick shift into second and then third and the GT driver gave up and began cruising back.

After that he just didn't want to come near me, and stayed directly behind me in my lane.

I don't think he had a clue what kind of car I had. He probably didn't care, either.

I was kind of miffed that the race was as quick as it was. Jeez, that sucked.

and if you want to know my mods, I don't have any, unless you consider Mobil 1 and an aftermarket Fram oil filter mods...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    The 94-98 GT verts ran high, high 14's to low 15s...so, you should win, given equal drivers. Gun for the 87-93 LX's and the 99+ GT's...They'll give you a much better run.
    2003 SRT-4

My racing is limited to the ol' stoplight to stoplight, since I live in the city.

Hopefully, i'll be able to find a newer model GT somewhere near the suburbs.

I hear what you mean. I own my car for 1.5 years and the only races worthwile was an 300zxTT (from roll), S2000 (stoplight-130mph), 1986 mustang gt, and 911TT.

Raced the 300zxTT when I was stock, raced from 30mph roll. I lost by 3 car lengths. His car was modded, since I knew him.

S2000, lost again by 1 car length. I had 2 people in the car since we were comming back from dance club. S2000 was just the driver w/ top down. My mods were pulleys and timing adjuster. I think I could of had him if it ditched my friends and had a better start. It was really close.

1986 mustang 5.0, even until he hit second gear. I started to pull on him really bad on top end.

I wanted to see how my car does against new 911. I had 2 of my friends w/ me. (Yea, we were going to the club) and the 911 was a 50 year old guy with his gf/wife/daughter (hott ass model looking). After he whooped the living hell out of me, I figured it was a TT. These princeton people are spoiled, and i'm jealous of his car and his gf.

Oh, I beat a civic in the rain. I left my traction control on and stepped on it. He had no chance.
    Mustang, 2002, Silver, GT, 5 SP
    View My Members Page

seems to me you need to quit carryin' so many people to the clubs. lol.

I Support ClubWRX
    I won't even try a new GT, but I've beaten a mid '90s GT by about a car up to 70mph in my whopping 1.8L econocar. They just weren't that fast. If I recall, magazines were getting 7.8 second 0-60 times for those!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.