indiana is the most hick state and i can prove it......
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on indiana is the most hick state and i can prove it...... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok well i was out driving earlier and this guy in what i would say was abotu a 78 chevy ...

indiana is the most hick state and i can prove it......

ok well i was out driving earlier and this guy in what i would say was abotu a 78 chevy full ton with a good 6" of lift stops at the red light beside me. he hangs out the window and says (word for word)"you got NAAWWSSS in that little guy?" i was like no. he say "that's a shame cuase i was hoping we could race" and i say well why cant we? he says "i gots a V8 in here so that is 2 times the power you have" and i say yeah i guess that is true. i immedialty start reving and so does he.............light turns green and 2 gears later i have put probebly 3 - 4 buslengths on him. i slow and he just rolls up his window as he rolls past.
    2002 Silver WRX with:

TurboXS MBC @ 15.5, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Shift Bushings, Godspeed Uppipe, Custom 3" Turboback Exhaust with 4" Bellmouth and Flowmaster Muffler, Eibach Springs, Diablo C9 18" Rims, Wings West body Kit and Wing

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i have to go there in 2 days to see family.....everything that usaid is true to..... u also forgot how many damn mosquitos tehre are!!
    Future Wrx Owner
    89 Bronco II (R.I.P.)
    68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Pft!
    Some people just don't know anything.

"Hey - I got a v8 and you have a 4 banger. That means I have twice the power you do."

Some people.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

did he have all his teeth? lol.

:lol: ha! I'm sorry man, I feel for you I do.. At least you taught a redneck something new though!

That guy forgot to factor in the drag coefficient of a mullet.

V8 twice as powerful as an H-4. What an idiot. He needs to learn the difference between displacement and power/weight/AWD/driving ability.

What's sad is a lot of people think like that. If you have more cylinders than someone else, you must be more powerful and faster...turbo, drivetrain, weight and mods be damned. After the last few times, I think I've learned not to mention V8 kills...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Don't diss the hicks, it may offend someone.

We wouldn't want to waste our bandwidth on this type of thread; Now would we?

i see a post was edited.

There are certainly a bunch of hicks around here, but honestly, we might be one of the most intelligent domestic-car towns/states in the country...think about how many racing teams are centered in gasoline alley and in Indy in general.

Now, this state is NOT knowledgable towards imports in the least, I hear that. But seriously, their are some mean ass domestics around here and some serious domestic tuners as well. They don't call Indy a racing capital for nothing
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Yeah, most people, especially ignorant rednecks, don't realize that a turbo is just as good as displacement. More air + more fuel= more power, no matter how you achieve it.
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6

That's true smokey. This is the racing capital and there are plenty of nice modded domestics, but 9 out of 10 cars are GM (exaggerating....barely). With that many domestics, there's bound to be some quick ones. Really, there are very few imports in this city. This must be what it's like to live in Detroit.

Originally posted by WickedWagon
    That's true smokey. This is the racing capital and there are plenty of nice modded domestics, but 9 out of 10 cars are GM (exaggerating....barely). With that many domestics, there's bound to be some quick ones. Really, there are very few imports in this city. This must be what it's like to live in Detroit.
    Tell me about it...I think this is the only state where my ride is rare...and so is the Rex for the most part. My buddy's got a white one, and I think that's the only white one I've seen around the city.

I hear you though - hardly any imports and I see 100000 Mustangs on a daily basis, most of which are the V6 version. The imports I do see a bit of are Eclipses (everywhere), Celica's (GT versions only) and Jetta's (most 1.8T, hardly any VR6's).

Where in Indy do you live? What mods on that wagon? Sweet, I think the wagon is the ultimate sleeper!
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Smokey,

I live on the South side, south of the Mason Dixie Line. Edgewood and Five Points is the nearest major intersection. There are tons of domestics down here. Lots of rice and mustangs.

Well my username is a little misleading. I don't have any mods yet, other than "everybody's first" K&N filter install. I just got the car (2002) a few months ago and wanted to get a feel for the car before I started. I'm getting the fever bad though, I'm not sure how much longer I can put it off. I got the wagon because I needed the space, and plus I like the sleeper style too.

Originally posted by swipe112
    Haha....as someone who used to live in the midwest, I know what you guys are talking about.

You guys should come to Los Angeles. Import City. I've never seen an area where people put their cars so high priority. Imports basically DOMINATE here....both German and Japanese. I rarely get a chance to race with Cameros or Mustangs.....mostly BMWs and riced out Civics.
    Well all of you are lucky...there's nothing here. I SEE Mustangs and Camaros all the time but never get a race. And last night, some oldish cars in primer went blasting by...I'm assuming that's their version of a race. My passengers told me to take them but I saw cops ahead so resisted the temptation...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.