WRX vs 99 SL500

This is a discussion on WRX vs 99 SL500 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well my friend has been talkin a lot of smack to me lately. He recently picked up a used SL500, ...

WRX vs 99 SL500

Well my friend has been talkin a lot of smack to me lately. He recently picked up a used SL500, with like 20k miles and he thinks its the fastest car in the world. He supposedly kept up with a 01 cobra on the highway. I told him he was full of it so he wanted to race me from a roll. We went from a 60 roll and took it to about 100. He pushed it first so he got the jump, but then i started pulling, i was only able to pull about 2 cars till 100 tho.Then we did a 40-110 roll. This time i was a good 5+ cars ahead. And finally, i wanted to show him what happens when i do an AWD launch on him, so we went form a dig. By the time i hit 100 i swear i was close to 6-8 cars ahead of him. Afterwards he was like "man, off the line, i was pressing the gas...but she just didnt wanna go and u just kept pulling, JESUS..." By the way, im close to stock all i have is uppipe/downpipe. Just thought u guys wanted to know how u would do against these bad boys if u run across one . Now he no longer talks smack. End of story.

-Bobby D

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice! I thought those cars were faster.. All of the AMG mercedes are pretty fast now. My freind has the tiny convertable one and he put down over 330RWHP with just some minor computer/pulley mods.. and that is with an SOHC V6! The V8 AMGs supposedly run mid-low 12s bone stock, look out for those.

The new SL's are pretty quick, but only the AMG version is blindingly so.... The new SL500 traps at no higher than 100mph, so a moderately modded WRX will beat one quite nicely from a roll
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by swipe112
    I once beat an older model S500 by a couple times going light to light. At first we weren't sure if either person wanted to go so we ended up having a rolling race from 10-70 mph. I beat him by a car length or so. Then we raced from 0-60 which put even more distance. I really thought it would have put up a better fight.

Are the newer S500's equipped with the same engine?? I think I remember reading that they only do 0-60 in about 5.8-6.0 sec.
    an S500 is not that fast first off all, they do a little over 6 in 0-60, and yes, it is the same engine, 302 HP with 339 lb ft torque
    2004 WR Blue WRX Auto with CBE.

Originally posted by bmms8
    an S500 is not that fast first off all, they do a little over 6 in 0-60, and yes, it is the same engine, 302 HP with 339 lb ft torque
    I just noticed in your sig that you have one of the new E-class sedans... Very elegant car! Do you have any good pics of the car to share please???
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by jigga
    I just noticed in your sig that you have one of the new E-class sedans... Very elegant car! Do you have any good pics of the car to share please???
    sure, i have a lot of pics, thanks for the compliment. its actually my parents car but i drive it a lot. i want to actually get a WRX in the next 8-9 months, so im just learning
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p6240007.jpg  

thats the gauges, heres another interior

this pic isnt the best, it was at night, and the camera moved a lil, but the red lights is the cd changer than comes up from an electrical door, and the button on the ahifter ishow you start the car
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p6230008.jpg  

here is onne from the exterior
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pb090014.jpg  

man, I love the hide away CD changer on the dash....
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

those interior shots look wicked! I must admitt that I never really paid much attention to the E class until I witnessed one of the new AMG versions obliterating a guy on his motorcyle from a stop light.... It was quite a humbling sight
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

thanks guys for the compliments, we really like it a lot. we can lower/raise the suspension, and stiffen it..it has real cool features.

you can always check out www.mbworld.org for much more pics of every class