newbie gets another race, a car length ahead of a Z28
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on newbie gets another race, a car length ahead of a Z28 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I got in a second race last night with a z28 convertible camero. Had a much better launch and ...

newbie gets another race, a car length ahead of a Z28

Well I got in a second race last night with a z28 convertible camero. Had a much better launch and easy shifting than my last race. I was ahead a whole car length and pushing red line in third gear when it looked like he was going to make a come back. However, a car up ahead was acting like it was going to turn onto the road we were racing on so he slowed it down and so did I. We exchanged a few kind words out the window and went our separate ways.

Now I feel like I've had a chance to play with my WRX some... And a vast improvement over my first race with the mazda6. I think I'll take it easy on the car for awhile and just enjoy the drive. Sorry for making you guys listen to my stupid race stories

Cody

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wish there was something to race here...the C5 is hard to find, the Mustang GT with the kid driver who wants to give away $1000 is nowhere to be found and the rest of my "encounters" have mostly been rednecks in unnecessarily lifted trucks who want to impress girlfriends, then get walked all over...

Oh well...some day...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

LS1 or LT1? You stock or modded?

Nice kill.
    2000 LS1 Camaro M6

Originally posted by Simp
    LS1 or LT1? You stock or modded?

Nice kill.
    Could not tell. Dark out. I think the car had black thick stripes down the middle. Correct me if I'm wrong but thats an anneversary thing. Plus, it looked really fresh. So, I'm guessing it was a 2002. I didn't look for a hood scoop on the front. Just didn't think to notice. I'm pretty sure I would have been killed if the race had lasted longer. But it stopped where I claimed the win.

I'm stock. But am adding 1) short throw, 2) wheels/tires, 3) cat back or turbo back. Hopefully I'll get all these done next spring. I live in Minnesota and I think I'll garage the car for the winter. Next spring, she's gunna get some nice mods.

I think it was probably an LT1
    an LS1 would rape you man (no offense)

and especially if it was the anniversary editon where the HP is upped to 345

by the way the anniversary only came in one color for the camaro and its a red car with white checkered flags that slowly fade down the car

the one of the trans am is a yellow car with I think black or blue something down the car but not lines

maybe you raced a 30th anniversary then it would of been an LT1 as well with stripes
    1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am

WRX in MN

Garage the car for the winter? A WRX with snow tires is about as much fun as you can have. It's pretty safe too.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

Originally posted by Cleaner13
    maybe you raced a 30th anniversary then it would of been an LT1 as well with stripes
    I believe the 30th Ann Camaro's only came in white with orange stripes. Then you have the "special" 30th that were made that came not with the LT1, but the Grand Sport Vette's LT4.
    Chris
    2000 WS6 Trans Am
    M6(Hurst)
    MODS: Direct-Flo Lid, GMS MAF, BG Ram Air Mod,
    Hotchkis STB, EGR Mod, Corsa Exhaust (No Muffler)

Let me tell ya' what Melba Toast is packin' right here alright. We got 4.11 positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over .030, 11:1 pop-up pistons, Turbo-Jet 390 horsepower.....We're talkin' some f*%#in' muscle!!
    Wooderson - Dazed & Confused

well either way I refuse to believe it was an LS1
    1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am

Originally posted by Big_Red_1
    I believe the 30th Ann Camaro's only came in white with orange stripes. Then you have the "special" 30th that were made that came not with the LT1, but the Grand Sport Vette's LT4.
    The 30th Anniverary Camaros (1997) were available in white with the orange "hugger" stripes. It could be had in both the Z28 version or the SS version. The SS version could be had with either the LT1, or the limited (and upgraded) LT4 motor.

If the car in question had black stripes, it was done by the owner, and does not signify what may have been under the hood. I'd have to guess LT1, or an automatic LS1 with 2.73 gears based on the results. Still a fun kill, no matter what, though! Nice job!

The convertibles can weigh anywhere from 200-300 lbs more than the coupes, and are a few tenths slower. Stock, my M6 Firehawk convertible ran a best of 13.6 at 106 mph. Still enough to take out a stock WRX, though.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

LT1 for sure. stock wrx could not take a LS1

a stg 2 wrx will put up a descent fight but it still cant take a stock LS1 from a roll either...............i know this for sure
    2002 Silver WRX with:

TurboXS MBC @ 15.5, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Shift Bushings, Godspeed Uppipe, Custom 3" Turboback Exhaust with 4" Bellmouth and Flowmaster Muffler, Eibach Springs, Diablo C9 18" Rims, Wings West body Kit and Wing

You people shouldn't worry about whether it's LT1 or LS1. For all you know, he could have had the most powerful street legal car on the planet but a bad driver and unable to USE the power. Believe or don't believe it was one or the other, but personally, I can believe a WRX beating a Camaro. I don't CARE if it's LT1 or LS1. And I know I'm probably opening myself to flames from some of you by saying all this, but I do hope most will be mature enough to not get too bothered.

RN

Every story (truth or fiction) is made better by details... In this case, a few were missing, and we are simply trying to piece it together from the other information that was presented. If he posted, "I raced some Chevy, and beat it" well, it wouldn't make for a good read. Hence, it's fun to try to determine in this instance whether it was likely an LS1, LT1, V6 or Mazda rotary conversion in that Camaro that he raced...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

My STi knocked a 2002 SS out tha' box on a roll...

The other driver was a gentlemen about it too. Mad props, yo

/slang off

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    Every story (truth or fiction) is made better by details... In this case, a few were missing, and we are simply trying to piece it together from the other information that was presented. If he posted, "I raced some Chevy, and beat it" well, it wouldn't make for a good read. Hence, it's fun to try to determine in this instance whether it was likely an LS1, LT1, V6 or Mazda rotary conversion in that Camaro that he raced...
    The only problem is where people say they refuse to believe it could be one or the other. "No way" a WRX could take an LS1. That's shooting down the story, not piecing it together. I can believe a WRX can beat anything poorly driven, so an LS1 is not far fetched. I notice a lot of people read these stories and TRY to shoot them down. They don't WANT to believe them.

For example, I once mentioned beating a Z28 and got MAJORLY chewed out about not being able to...though I have an STi and only did not specify it was an LT1 until it was too late and the thread ruined. When people on THESE boards delve into "was it an LT1 or LS1," the thread ALWAYS gets ruined. It's only a matter of time. And it's unfortunate how untrusting these people are.

RN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.