Me against a new M3 SMG - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Me against a new M3 SMG within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; tonight, I raced that guys M3 again. It's an SMG hardtop, stock. We agreed to race from a 1st gear ...

tonight, I raced that guys M3 again. It's an SMG hardtop, stock.

We agreed to race from a 1st gear roll this time, i told him 25mph he says fine. When push came to shove on the highway, he would not race in 1st gear, from that mph saying it's too low i guess he was scared i would shoot out in front. So, i said go from whatever rpm you want just not 1st gear then. Of course he picks 50mph, which is right in between 2nd and 3rd IMO. I opted to race from 3rd gear, while he was in second.

He would jump out ahead at first, because I had alittle turbolag, and was not at perfect rpms like he was. while he shifted into 3rd I would make up some ground, and I slowly reeled him in. By 115mph in 4th gear when I let off, I was about a car lenght ahead!

Go figure The first race wasn't a fluke afterall.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wait, what car do you have again? WRX or STi?

anywayz, did you made sure he put the trans on 6 with traction off or at least in #5 mode?

oh yeah, 25mph in 1st is too low? sounds like ur friend doesn't know the what his car is capable of. Oh well, nice kill...again...lol
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

I don't know what he did with the tranny, it sounded cool when it rev-matched for downshifts though before we raced..

Re: Me against a new M3 SMG (story not vid.)

Originally posted by PaulRex
    I raced an M3 SMG my freind just got, from a second gear roll on the highway.

He got the jump on me (or went WOT first) and took half a car right away, by the end of second he had almost a car length on me.. In 3rd gear I started pulling back slowly, and in 4th gear at about 110mph I got right next to him and even pulled ahead alittle to about 120mph!

Not so bad for a stock turbo car; In his defense he had a passenger and I didn't, plus the driver weighed about 250lbs. alone. But still, it's an M3 on the highway so i felt good about it

be safe!
    paul

sidestory, there was also an SLK32 AMG with minor mods in the mix.. making about 330+RWHP out of a SOHC supercharged V6. As you can imagine it was FAST! Last time I raced him he beat me by school bus lengths
    Be careful racing E46's...you could get hit by flying shrapnel from the engine!

Re: Re: Me against a new M3 SMG (story not vid.)

Originally posted by dangrass
    Be careful racing E46's...you could get hit by flying shrapnel from the engine!
    bwahahaahahhahahah!!!!!

Who would have known that recing an E46 M3 could be such a driving hazard!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Here is a story that you might not believe if you didn't see it for yourself.. but tonight I pulled on a wrx with an VF34, sti injectors, fuel pump, greddy FMIC, header with integrated upipe(gruppe S?) etc. etc. from a 40mph roll to 100mph when I let off. We raced twice with same outcome. I got ahead by at least a car length if not more.

It must be the tune, it's an Ecutek reflash, done by Metric Subaru? They must be very conservative tuners
    Last edited by PaulRex; 08-18-2003 at 01:27 AM.

Hey! What's wrong with being a heavy driver! *look at weight calcs in sig.* (Hey I am a football/basketball player... erm its all muscle.... I wish!) And I hate this "Stock Turbo" talk... ugh! Your cars not all motor, so how can it be stock? Lol That is big block talkin'..
    1972 Camaro RS/Z28 Youngsta doin' it OldSchool!
    Rebuilt 350 "DynoPub" Custom job. 3250lbs, 3550lbs with me in it...
    10.46@126.5 <street drags> *Being rebuilt for show*
    516whp 544lb-ft torque ALL MOTOR, no "Naaaaawzzz"... ever!
    Next up: 454 Big Block and/or Supercharger, SMOG Excempt Yay!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.