Me against a new M3 SMG - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Me against a new M3 SMG within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; oh ok.....my bad then! I was assuming that he meant he had a stock wrx....because my I've ridden in my ...

oh ok.....my bad then!

I was assuming that he meant he had a stock wrx....because my I've ridden in my friends smg m3 and it pulls pretty freaking hard top end which WRXs are notoriously weak in.

I still find it hard to believe that you would be pulling on it as the speeds rose though.....you'd think that it would be the opposite??
    4EAT White WRX
    Hallman MBC @ 15lbs
    Removed Silencer
    3" custom cat-back w/ glass pack
    Gruppe-S uppipe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: the WRX is not stock...

Originally posted by BobbyD
    What he meant is that his WRX is on the stock turbo. I believe paul has a stage II wrx, and if i remember right he uses a utec that is also mapped for 100+ octane. So he is not stock, he just has the stock turbo maxed out. Hes probably running close to 230 whp. So if the BMW is brand new and not broken in, i can see how its possible that he kept up, and plus that BMW was hauling more weight.

-BobbyD
    I don't have a stg.2, I just have a UTEC. In one thread I mentioned that I started my tuning from a stg.2 map thats all..

Originally posted by Carl AMG
    The stock turbo isn't maxed out at 230 whp. My TurboXS Stage 3 dyno'd almost 250 at the wheels on TurboXS's dyno with the help of Nathan's dyno tune.
    Thats some nice numbers! On an DynoJet like at Bmtranny where I have gone in the past that would probably throw down 240WHP since the turboxs is like a "hub" dyno from what I have seen and reads alittle higher..

Originally posted by nigginondubz
    oh ok.....my bad then!

I was assuming that he meant he had a stock wrx....because my I've ridden in my friends smg m3 and it pulls pretty freaking hard top end which WRXs are notoriously weak in.

I still find it hard to believe that you would be pulling on it as the speeds rose though.....you'd think that it would be the opposite??
    Yeah I know, my car pulls pretty nicely in 3rd and 4th gear(but not anymore than other stock turbo cars with same mods I think)

In 4th was peaking at 17psi last night because it was kinda cool out, and I just had my RFL muffler and stromung turboback put on yesterday also. I even had to retard my timing 2 degrees because I was getting knock after 5,500rpms intermitently because it was holding boost better than the crappy cheap custom turboback I was using before..

With the crappy cheap turboback (with stromung downpipe which i kept) I trapped at almost 102mph, or 101.7mph two weeks ago at the track on 94 octane map. I went 81.7mph in the 1/8mile.

I bet I can get 102mph now with my new (and very very loud) exhuast.

I see the guy with the SMG M3 around all the time, I will race him again I'm sure and see what happens.

sidenote: I just hit 50kmiles on my way home from work today! yay!

sidenote 2: I gave up a while ago on making a race gas map, I need to go to the dyno for that and I havn't had the time so I stopped. However I did try breifly to see what I could come up with roadtuning, but I didn't think I was making progress quickly enough and race gas is expensive so I stopped

I had NGK copper colder plugs in my car, for only 4kmiles.. I changed them yesterday with Denso Iridium Ik22s, and the copper plugs were SHOT. Very white, apparantly from the alchohol etc. in the tank of race gas they saw.
    Last edited by PaulRex; 07-25-2003 at 06:21 PM.

so it was a M3 SMG vert? sounds about right if that's what he has. The vert is pulling around 3700 lbs much heavier than the coupe. I once beat one by 3-4 car or more (don't remember, all I remember was seeing his xenon in my rearview mirror) length around 120mph. He followed me up the on ramp to the freeway and jumped on me around 50 mph. Once I saw he went wot, I stump on the gas just in time that when we are even, and the rest of history.

might be a different story if it was a coupe. I have a stock C32 btw.

It wasn't a convertable, it was a hardtop, unless they make hardtop retractable roof like the mercedes have etc.

well, they do have a removable hardtop made for the convertible as an extra option. it'll probably be better if you can get a picture of ur friend's car.

also, there is different shift-speed settings (12 total: 6 auto mode and 6 manual mode) for the SMG II gearbox and a sports mode for much sharper throttle response. You might want to ask him which mode did he use when he raced with you. For #6 mode in auto or manual mode, he'll have to turn off DSC and turn on the sports mode, it'll give him the fastest shift pattern in that mode.

Man that car sounds like no fun I'll ask him when I see him

actually the M3 SMG is a FUN car to drive around in. I was able to test out my friend 02 SMG. The shifting is truely amazingly fast, and during the downshift, the slight climb of the rpm creates such of wonderful sound you truly only can hear from a pure bred sports car. I can never get those sound from my crappy sounding C32 kompressored 6. Sure it's loud, but doesn't have that sports car rawness...like the M3 or the WRX.

Originally posted by FrankW
    actually the M3 SMG is a FUN car to drive around in. I was able to test out my friend 02 SMG. The shifting is truely amazingly fast, and during the downshift, the slight climb of the rpm creates such of wonderful sound you truly only can hear from a pure bred sports car. I can never get those sound from my crappy sounding C32 kompressored 6. Sure it's loud, but doesn't have that sports car rawness...like the M3 or the WRX.
    You have a C32 AMG?????

damn! I NEED one of those!!!!!!!!!

I hear that those things are killer on the top end.... is that true???
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by jigga
    You have a C32 AMG?????

damn! I NEED one of those!!!!!!!!!

I hear that those things are killer on the top end.... is that true???
    there's some pictures here: http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...threadid=46327

or you can go to my http://photos.yahoo.com/goldenboy129

off the line it might not be as quick as the STi if some pro is driving the STi, but once it gets going at any speed it's pretty decent. I knocked off a new EVO 8 that was trying to do a fly-by on me last time around 90mph (all out and gaining speed) when I was doing 80mph. Just as he got along side of me, I pulled away. By 120, I was gone and he gave up.

That's a car I would pick over M3.....

the jet blk M3 next to mine is my friend's and the 330Ci belong to another friend of ours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails euromeet 080.jpg  

damn! Looks like you almost have enough benzes there for every day of the week!

btw, you seem to be not too happy with your C32...... I could take it off your hands for you if you want!

How long have you had it for? And have you given any thought to getting it modded? ie... chip or pully from Renntech or Brabus???

That C32 is P.I.M.P
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I'm very happy with my car especially after I had that chance to drive and ride in my friend's M3. Getting ready to Zymol it tomorrow. The only mod I'm thinking is to get 18" wheels in the same style. I should be able to save enough money to get'em by the end of the year or beginning of next year. The CLK and the ML is my sister's and dad's. After the rims, it'll be all focusing on paying da parents back little by little for the car. None of those expensive mods for me. I can't afford it w/ my lunch money, and I'm a full time student don't have time to get part time job. I feel guilty that I'm still in school and both my sis and my bro has jobs already, so they don't have to take $ from my parents. I try to not drive it as much as I would like for the same reason. I usually run around in my dad's extra Beetle 1.8T.

oh yeah, had the car since 4/23/02
    Last edited by FrankW; 07-27-2003 at 01:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.