What the???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on What the??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I got my new issue of Sport Compact and they have the new Rex in the 8 great rides under ...

What the???

I got my new issue of Sport Compact and they have the new Rex in the 8 great rides under $30K (no surprise), but what surprised me was the 1/4 mi. time of 14.6, are the newer rex's slower?, did they change something, cause all the other cars seem to be right on par with expected & previous tested performance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I believe that C/D had the fastest quater mile time @14.2. Now you talking about 4 tenths of a second. That isn't much at all considering Weather, track and especially the driver.
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

Yeah, that seems about right. The fastest stock time is a 14.0 as far as I know and that was with a major launch and perfect conditions. And I think the C&D was 14.1

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I understand all that but the other cars like the RSX, Evo VIII, Spec V, SRT4, 350Z all of those cars got either exact or faster times. I always understood the stock rex to run 14.1 @99, When they tested last year for the great eight that car ran a 14.1 or 14.0 not sure but I know for certain it was no 14.6. This gets me cause I also have a 01 Celica GTS with the 8300RPM redline, but for 02 & 03 toyota changed the Redline to 7800RPM thus shortening the the car is in lift and slowing the 1/4 time cause with the RPM being shorter on the 1-2 shift it was impossible to stay in lift on the aggressive cam. Just wondering if gearing was changed or something.

Originally posted by v8killa
    I understand all that but the other cars like the RSX, Evo VIII, Spec V, SRT4, 350Z all of those cars got either exact or faster times. I always understood the stock rex to run 14.1 @99, When they tested last year for the great eight that car ran a 14.1 or 14.0 not sure but I know for certain it was no 14.6. This gets me cause I also have a 01 Celica GTS with the 8300RPM redline, but for 02 & 03 toyota changed the Redline to 7800RPM thus shortening the the car is in lift and slowing the 1/4 time cause with the RPM being shorter on the 1-2 shift it was impossible to stay in lift on the aggressive cam. Just wondering if gearing was changed or something.
    no, they just didn't launch it. The WRX when driven without a launch is probably a high 14's or low 15 second car. No abuse equals slower 1/4 mile times.

Originally posted by v8killa
    When they tested last year for the great eight that car ran a 14.1 or 14.0 not sure but I know for certain it was no 14.6.
    I think you may be mistaken here. The highest trap speed I have EVER seen out of a magazine is about 94-95mph on a stock WRX. The fastest stock WRX time I have ever personally witnessed at a track in Phoenix was by AZScoobie and he was running 14.0@94-95. Granted this was fairly ideal condtions of 50-60F weather at night and with 1.8 and better 60' IIRC.
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.