STi vs. Tool in V8 Ram and STi vs. Police
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on STi vs. Tool in V8 Ram and STi vs. Police within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Went randomly wandering around last night with 3 friends in the car...can stand long drives now that I have a ...

STi vs. Tool in V8 Ram and STi vs. Police

Went randomly wandering around last night with 3 friends in the car...can stand long drives now that I have a stereo.

To start with, we're on a small road just cruising along and we pass a truck that doesn't move when the light turns green. He's some kid with a girl in the truck with him...V8 badges all over the outside. He keeps it quiet and slow and behind us until he sees a car blocking our lane. Then he revved at me and took off to where the lanes merged ahead before crossing railroad tracks. I told my friends it was time to school the dumb cracker, so took off behind him. The guy immediately SLAMS his brakes and STOPS on the tracks...no dire need to. I flash my lights at him so he starts at idle speed. I rev at him so he stops. Eventually he gets moving and we get to a light with 1 left turn lane. I signal to turn so he cuts in front of me again. The road we're turning on to is 2 lanes each way so as soon as he idles through the intersection and before he can take the line between the lanes, I blasted around him like he wasn't moving. I could hear his engine start trying to keep with me, but after a few seconds he gave up. His girlfriend laughed at him. I hate tools like that guy.

Approximately 10-15 minutes later, we see two cops at a house but we're going 20 mph in a 20 zone anyways (11:30 pm), so no worries. They both pull out. After a while, one pulls off. The other follows me. I come to a stop sign and a complete stop, with signal well ahead of time. Cop is behind us. I turn and proceed to slowly accelerate to 20 mph in a 15 or 20 zone. Cop turns in behind us. Friend says, "Dude, that cop is following us." I say, "We're doing nothing wrong. He can't touch us." Blue lights come on. I pull over, turn on inside lights, cut off car, get out license. Cop asks how we're doing and, for the first time ever, does NOT say, "What's the hurry?" or "Do you know how fast you were going?". He looks at my license then asks how long I've had the car. I say maybe a few weeks. He then tells me, "You just shot yourself in the foot. The limit without a tag is ten days." Knowing that's a load of crap and that I am not responsible for the speed at which the state produces and mails plates, I say, "Uhh...yeah...sure..." Cop drops the topic. Cop points to letters on rear driver window ("5 AS") and asks if I've been racing. Thinking he means street racing, I say no. He asks what the letters are for. I tell him I ran in an autocross on Sunday. Cop's face gets a strange look on it and he asks, "What the hell is an autocross?" (Side note: I do not see a cop as qualified to write a ticket for racing if he does not know what racing is...but that's unrelated, as I got no tickets.) I explain what it is and he asks if it's fun, so I say yes and tell him he should try it. Then he walks around the car, taking a close look at the outside then comes back and asks, "What the hell is this?" I explain what an STi is (name only). He wants bill of sale to prove I own it so all I find is insurance receipt in glove compartment (bill of sale in trunk and he refused to let me open it), so he doesn't look at it, says that'll do, hands me my license and tells us to have a nice night. My friends and I concluded a few reasons why he stopped us:
    1. 11:30 pm. Cop in downtown Tuscumbia, AL. INCREDIBLY BORED.
    2. Car with no tags roaming late at night and at really low speed.
    3. Numbers on side of car from autocross (gotta clean those off soon...).
    4. Huge spoiler on an unfamiliar car type (to him, probably rice).
    5. Young looking driver and young looking passengers, out late (we passed them and they had opportunity to see us before stopping us).

But, all in all, I wasn't mad at the cop or anything...somewhat amused though. Those who are to protect us don't know racing if it runs over them, don't know the law they are to enforce and don't know cars too well either.

RN
    Last edited by renichms; 07-23-2003 at 10:31 AM.
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: STi vs. Tool in V8 Ram and STi vs. Police

Originally posted by renichms
    1. 11:30 pm. Cop in downtown Tuscumbia, AL. INCREDIBLY BORED.
    2. Car with no tags roaming late at night and at really low speed.
    3. Numbers on side of car from autocross (gotta clean those off soon...).
    4. Huge spoiler on an unfamiliar car type (to him, probably rice).
    5. Young looking driver and young looking passengers, out late (we passed them and they had opportunity to see us before stopping us).

But, all in all, I wasn't mad at the cop or anything...somewhat amused though. Those who are to protect us don't know racing if it runs over them, don't know the law they are to enforce and don't know cars too well either.

RN
    That is exactly why cops suck.

I told my friends it was time to school the dumb cracker, so took off behind him.
    Are you by any chance, white?
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Had worse then you bro...Three guys and me were in a Honda hatchback with exhaust....Big no no! 4 asians in a honda = major police headache!

Pulled over for what? Nothing. Thought we stole the car. What the ?. Well I guess it's expected. We all had to pull our state license to the police. Worse, my driver kept on getting nervous talking to the police. Kept on mixing his answers (yes/no/not sure).
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

Originally posted by silverscooby
    Are you by any chance, white?
    Yes, I happen to be white. Why do you ask?

RN

Originally posted by MengHang
    Had worse then you bro...Three guys and me were in a Honda hatchback with exhaust....Big no no! 4 asians in a honda = major police headache!

Pulled over for what? Nothing. Thought we stole the car. What the ?. Well I guess it's expected. We all had to pull our state license to the police. Worse, my driver kept on getting nervous talking to the police. Kept on mixing his answers (yes/no/not sure).
    That sucks. I suspect he'd have pulled me in my PT too...so no matter what I drive, I get this kind of thing. Had it been SC, they'd know not to pull me but oh well. We weren't in a hurry, knew we did nothing wrong and although he wasn't very bright, the cop wasn't really rude or anything. Surprising, to be honest.

RN

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.