Subie Vs Mustang GT

This is a discussion on Subie Vs Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I wasn't gonna post this at first, BUT!! heheh I just loved the reactions i had from everybody. Me and ...

Subie Vs Mustang GT

I wasn't gonna post this at first, BUT!! heheh I just loved the reactions i had from everybody.

Me and some of my boyz rolled out to the street races late at night. At first i didn't wanna race, just wanted to watch. But i think we all know peer pressure is a MFer. I meander to my car and all my boyz are screaming out to go race this del sol. Jokingly i screamed back, "hell no, i'm gonna race me a mustang!"
    I had passed a group to my car when they heard me and started laughing. Guess i can't blame them, ignorance is bliss i suppose.

I roll on over to where the starting line is, and at first nobody pulls up next to me to race. Then the mustang in front of me points me over to be beside him. "Oh well.." i thought, "guess i'll make good on my words."

He then says to me that he was actually wanting to race a Trans Am, but... (his words trailed off)

So i let him burn his tires out, and i give mine a lil chirp for good measure. Then we agreed to go on 3 honks. Honk once, and i'm revving around 3-4rpms. Honk twice and i'm building up passed the 4k mark. Honk thrice and the race was on!

1st gear was over and i have about a car length lead on him, 2nd gear rolls by and i'm still in front. 3rd gear and he's to my door. 4th gear... the race is over and the mighty mustang was slain. (and all the peasants rejoice!)

Afterwards, we both talk, and he asks me what i was running. I said i was stock.. with an evil grin. Then he proceeds to tell me he messed up 3rd gear. I guess that sounds about right, i'm thinking he should've pulled on me by the end, but i feel that's part of racing. and how many times have we all heard that particular line?

I pull back to my parking spot, and the same group that was laughing before, one of them said, "hey, great race!" All i could do was beam and say thanks! I run back to where my group was standing, and all i get are screams of joy and slappin of hands

A little later on we pull into a gas station, and these group of guys come up and asks if it was one of us (pointing at our little 3 group of WRX) had raced that mustang GT. All my boyz pointed to me, and he said, "damn man, i gotta give you my props! You took that mustang down!" Again i beamed and said my thanks and let him take look at our engines.

Overall, this was a great night for WRX's. There still aren't many down here that knows about this ride. But, i think our little group is doing a good job showing them that we're not too far behind.

---next up z28... RaCinWRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think i saw you!!

Dude, great race. I wasn't laughing at your car, I was laughing cause i thought you couldn't drive. Haha... funny stuff watching us sedans hang with those muscle cars. I still don't believe James raced the Lightning... hahaha... funny stuff. I was surprised that the cops let us race for a whole 2 hours. They usually last about 30 minutes before we move to a new location. Anyhow... it was fun. Peer pressure's something huh?

....And watch the Del Sols, there's a Turbo one out there that's seriously mean. Of course, he mainly races for serious money.

Feel the wrath of the WAGON! Next time i will beat that lightning! I will go to Mcdonalds and get those balls in the play pin and fill it in back. Then when i get the jump on the lightning i will open the mysterious 5th door and let the balls roll down. The lightning will slow down and i will win!

Baby seat...

You should have had a baby seat in the back with one of those fake babies in it.

Nice race! I've always wanted to race one of those big muscle cars like the mustang but I never got to. Hopefully I'll get to have chance. I love the way you told the story, made me get pumped up.

Thanks bliss

I like writing out the thoughts, feelings, and reactions before, during and after races. cause that's what races are all about.

---RaCinWRX

nice kill, racin'. It's also good that you are so good natured about the whole thing...not all "I'm the man" crap that a lot of folks do.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion