srt4 v wrx - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on srt4 v wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by 03WRX_Fl i dont see why people always compare the wrx and the srt-4, their both great cars ...

Originally posted by 03WRX_Fl
    i dont see why people always compare the wrx and the srt-4, their both great cars but performance wise the sti is more comparable to the srt-4. think about it, the srt-4 is a turbocharged intercooled dohc 2.4 liter motor. what is more comparable a dohc 2.0 liter turbo motor and a dohc 2.4 liter turbo motor or a dohc 2.5 liter turbo motor (sti) and a dohc 2.4 liter turbo motor. obviously the srt-4 has the displacement advantage over the base wrx. then again im not sure on the differences in the sizes of the turbos between the wrx and srt-4. of course there is a big price diff. between the srt-4 and the sti but performance wise their more comparable. then again maybe im missing something and my entire post makes no sense, but hey its just my .02. either way great vid. and great cars.

-Brian
    I'm telling you this as a friend. I see your reasoning, but get ready to be pooped on by others
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by WRXin'
    I'm telling you this as a friend. I see your reasoning, but get ready to be pooped on by others
    why? im not flaming any car. i give respect where its due, im just saying the sti is closer to the srt-4 displacement wise and i stated that i wasnt sure on the sizes of the turbos so my reasoning may not make sense. please dont flame me because im sure you all know way more than me about these cars and im only on this forum to learn, just thought i'd state my .02.

-Brian

Did anyone notice in that video the SRT-4 was in the oncoming lane seperated by the double yellow line? Not a very smart way to race.

i mean evryone says that about the srt-4. oh that car is good and all. however i do only one thing when i get into these srt-4 vs WRX arguments. I ask one and one question only to end the whole thing. "Would u buy one?" (srt-4).
    plain and simple.

Why don't people compare the STI to the SRT-4, simple, because the SRT-4 can't even touch a STI, but the STI is also 10k more. So you compare the WRX because the prices are closer and the performance is closer. Even though it has .4 less litters, it can still beat it 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile. But from a roll the Neon will pull because of that extra displacement. But I would rather have my 2.0 litter and put a bigger turbo in then have a couple extra litters, the EJ20 is such a good motor, and the Japanese STI 2.0 engine is probably the best engine to come out of subaru ever (to bad we got the 2.5).
    Last edited by KanosWRX; 07-24-2003 at 07:29 AM.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Given equal drivers, an SRT-4 will win every time in the 1/4 mile. Clutch won't be smoking afterwards either. ; )

-B

Originally posted by 03WRX_Fl
    why? im not flaming any car.
    I know...it's just that a lot of people are gungho about the STi. I was really expecting everyone to come down hard on you. I think it's great that you show respect for every car for what it's worth
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

IMO, the two cars get compared because of it's price segment. Now, the STi, is 10K more, so it's mated with the Evo 8. I *think* that from a roll, the SRT-4 would hold it's own against the STi. From a dig, well, that's a whole different ballgame!! Stock for stock, the two cars trap about the same, giving the edge to the STi.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

sti and srt4 i didnt know u could compare those two stock for stock.. not to put the neon down but i thought a sti would destroy the srt4.
    ~Mark

Mods

Originally posted by Murchie
    sti and srt4 i didnt know u could compare those two stock for stock.. not to put the neon down but i thought a sti would destroy the srt4.
    From what I hear, the STi traps about 103 stock, and the SRT-4 traps 101 stock. Now, the STi would win everytime because of the launch.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

i was only comparing the sti and srt-4 due to the closeness in displacement, i realize there is a huge price difference between the two but i was going for more of a performance comparison. btw does anyone know the differences in the sizes of the turbos in the wrx, srt-4, and sti? just curious.

WRXin' nice avatar, family guy rocks

-Brian

I was just checking out an sti at a local dealer, man are they nice. It was stickered at 31,600. If only I had that kind of dough.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

Originally posted by drizze99
    From what I hear, the STi traps about 103 stock, and the SRT-4 traps 101 stock. Now, the STi would win everytime because of the launch.
    The STi will still walk the SRT4 from a roll as well...

Think about this... Despite the STi's AWD launch, it has the power to be travelling at 103mph at the end of the run. The SRT4 on the other hand has more distance in order to reach the 102 trap speed that you quoted for it since it has the benefit of wheelspin and not excessive traction.... WHen you think about it, the STi is trapping at 1mph higher, despite having less distance with which to reach that speed because of the AWD launch.... It then stands to reason that if the STi had enough extra space down the track to account for that taken up by it getting out of the whole so quickly, it would trap even higher than 103mph...

Remember that AWD and 2WD trap speeds are not exactly comparable.... AWD cars tend to perform better from a roll on race as compared to what their trap speed at the end or a 1/4 mile run might suggest....

This is even more apparent when you read about Stage 4 WRX's (which trap at a best of about 108mph in the 1/4mile) walking non-Z06 corvettes and e46 m3's from a roll on race....
    Last edited by jigga; 07-26-2003 at 07:54 PM.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.