Vishny WRX vs Turbo XS WRX

This is a discussion on Vishny WRX vs Turbo XS WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend got a Turbo XS unichip a couple of weeks ago, his other mods are a lightweight alternator pulley, ...

Vishny WRX vs Turbo XS WRX

My friend got a Turbo XS unichip a couple of weeks ago, his other mods are a lightweight alternator pulley, Injen intake, Brullen axle-back, and thats about it. I recently got my Stage 0 kit, my other mods are...well, nothing. I did take off my muffler though. His boost is set at 16, and mine was only at 14 cause it was cold this morning and I got an overboost, so I had to turn down the mbc. I dont know why his didnt overboost... anyways. We where going to the test and tune drags, and its about an hour away, so we where doing some spirited driving on the way there. First we where doing some fourth gear pulls, and I could slowly walk away from him,and I had an extra passenger. Then from about 60 to 100(which dosnt take much time) I would get about a half a car length on him by 100, it was pretty close though. I was gonna screw with the mbc a little more to try and tune it in to 15 or 16 again, but I was fast enough as it is. Oh, we never got any runs at the track cause it was rained out.
    drive it like ya stole it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So what did the cars run on the track? You did make it to the test and tune right?

I think they made it but it was rained out. Oh well theres always tommorrow.
    02 platinum silver WRX sedan (stolen)

dw
    I think you are always going to see the Vishnu stuff run a bit faster than the TurboXS stuff due to the way the boost is controlled. If your friend is using a MBC then I'm not sure, but the boost falls off a bit on the TXS unichip by redline. In 4th it probably goes from 16 to 12 before redline. With a MBC you aren't really going to see this. I own a TXS Stage 2 and I'm more than happy with it, but I'm not really looking for top-end power. I still plan on taking it to the track when it opens up just to see though.

RNN14 - You've got mail!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by dw
    I think you are always going to see the Vishnu stuff run a bit faster than the TurboXS stuff due to the way the boost is controlled. If your friend is using a MBC then I'm not sure, but the boost falls off a bit on the TXS unichip by redline. In 4th it probably goes from 16 to 12 before redline. With a MBC you aren't really going to see this. I own a TXS Stage 2 and I'm more than happy with it, but I'm not really looking for top-end power. I still plan on taking it to the track when it opens up just to see though.

TurboXS stage-2 offers considerably higher output than any 'package' that Vishnu currently offer (and is considerably more expensive too). We'll have to wait for Vishnu Stage 1 to see if that remains the case. TurboXS stage-1 and Vishnu stage zero are comparable though.

-Pace