Polkaband 1, Mustang Cobra 0

This is a discussion on Polkaband 1, Mustang Cobra 0 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I was getting into my car with my girlfriend at theatre parking lot when the owner of the Mustang ...

Polkaband 1, Mustang Cobra 0

So I was getting into my car with my girlfriend at theatre parking lot when the owner of the Mustang Cobra next to me compliments me on my car. I say thanks and we start talking about SCCA stuff in Jackson and what not. He was a pretty nice guy. So we say bye eventually and go our separate ways and it turns out that we end up going the same way home. I was right behind him and as soon as he gets on the freeway he floors it. I find my self caught in traffic but manage to stay no more than three car lengths behind him. Then when the clear shot came for us both at about 100 i started pulling on him. By 130 I was well past him bye about 3 car lengths. That was when my car all the sudden made this horrendous howling noise that I've never heard before. I looked in my rearview and saw his headlights back about 10 car lengths by 140 so I figured he had given up and I took my next exit. I'm glad that I was able to beat a cobra at top end like that. But he was a nice guy so I won't talk any ****. I got to impress my girlfriend though. She has this guy friend that's always talking about how his stock Civic can beat me. Maybe she'll let him know how my race with the Cobra went and he'll stop talking ****. Has any one else had this howling noise happen to them? I've been up to 150 before and I didn't hear anything like it. Tonight was the first time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what year Cobra?

sorry to say but he probably let off... there's no way you're going to beat one on the freeway without some serious mods

You might want to get your car checked. The car should not go past 137. Unless you got it disabled somehow. You probally hit the speed limiter.

Actually.. not sure on the final verdict. maybe you should get the car checked... however there are some posts about a howling noise from other WRXs in the past *cough*plat*coughcough*
    so perhaps it's just a normal thing. one of my boyz that has a corolla says there's a distinct whistling noise going above 100mph.

---RaCinWRX

I ment checked as in your car should not go past 137. If it does then something is not right. Well maybe it is my car, becuase i could not go any faster then that.

ofcourse I have mods. I'm not going to be up here talking about beating a Cobra if I didn't have mods.

Great kill! BTW, what year was that cobra?

it was the generation before the newest body style.

woa.. you beat a V8 after 100mph.. impressive.

I doubt that is a cobra. Unless your car is modified, Cobras will eat you for lunch at the top end. Our top end sucks. Aerodynamic of a brick plus the super long 4th and 5th gear.

jk, he did say it was modified (4 posts above), and you're right...without mods, no way you could pull on him.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion