WRX v/s 350Z w/30 shot
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX v/s 350Z w/30 shot within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Went to a local 1/8 mile track the other night with a buddy(350Z guy). We were the ONLY 2 import ...

WRX v/s 350Z w/30 shot

Went to a local 1/8 mile track the other night with a buddy(350Z guy). We were the ONLY 2 import guys there. Everything else was trailered in.
    Any way, we only ran against eachother once. I ran a 8.733 @77.731 mph, 60 ft was 1.895, he wan a 9.1 @ 83mph. He also got the win I think I could do better if the car was cooler, and it wasn't so damn hot. What are some of your guys 1/8 times?
    Going to Darlington on Wed, it's a 1/4 track. Anyone on here interested in going? There are usually some imports there, or atleast street driven cars.
    2002 PSM WRX, silencer removed, K&N filter, Unorthodox pullies, MRT uppipe, BPM turboback, Samco hoses, Turbo XS unichip, Turbo XS Top Mount,GReddy pro-fec B boost controller, Grounding Mod, Eibach springs, GFB BOV,Excel wheels, Cusco rear sway bar & end links, STI hoodscoop

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well, if you want to get into any more powerful cars in a pissing contest for top-end supremecy, you really need to get a bigger turbo with supporting mods..... Without the 30 shot of nawssss, the race would have been much closer since your mods put you on an even keel with a stock 350Z....

Good run though!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question (I've been known to do this before) but how is it that he ran a 9.1 1/8 mile and you ran a 8.7 1/8 mile yet he won? Am I missing something here?

Oh, and kick ass 60' time - 1.8 seconds, I have wet dreams about 60' times like that...and then I wake up and remember I am driving a FWD Honda
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

do they bracket race 1/8 mile too?, maybe he broke.

Yeah... You ran a 8.7 and he ran a 9.1 and won??

Smile

The 350 crossed the finish line first and got the win light due to the 350 getting a better reaction time in all liklihood.

If a stock WRX was racing a top fuel dragster, and the dragster didn't "react" for 10 seconds, the WRX will end up getting the win light on a 14 second run vs a 5 second run. Total time for the dragster = reaction time of 10 + 5 second ET = 15 seconds. Total time for the WRX = reaction time of .500 + 14 second ET = 14.5 seconds. Hence, the WRX crosses the finish line first.

Think of it like there are two timers going:

1. One that starts only when your car breaks the starting line beam and stops when you cross the finish line. This gives you your ET for your run. This is what we compare here on the forums, since it doesn't really matter if you sit at the light for 1 minute, or .500 seconds.

and

2. One that starts from the moment the light turns green until the beam at the end of the track is broken in your lane. This determines which car in which lane finished ahead of the other, regardless of the actual ET that either car ran. This is what matters at the track, for bragging rights, and also how trophies are won.

Get it? Got it? Good!

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

sounds like a good run but the trap speed seems kinda low to me. this is a timeslip i got when i only had a Godspeed uppipe, MBC @ 16psi in 3rd and a removed axleback...........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dscf0019.jpg  
    2002 Silver WRX with:

TurboXS MBC @ 15.5, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Shift Bushings, Godspeed Uppipe, Custom 3" Turboback Exhaust with 4" Bellmouth and Flowmaster Muffler, Eibach Springs, Diablo C9 18" Rims, Wings West body Kit and Wing

Thanks for explaining it Dan. Yea, he reacted a little better than I did, my RT was.759. Of the mph being slow, I thought so too, When I was running a stage 2 I ran the 1/4, times were
    rt---.675
    60---1.910
    330---5.676
    1/8---8.824 @ 79.03mph
    1000---11.498
    1/4---13.783 @98.92mph

As you can see, I was almost 2 mph faster before, but it wasn't near as hot then either. When I ran on Sun, it was HOT. I'd say mid 90's, with about the same humidity. I didn't ice the intercooler or anything, cause I was only running once. If it doesn't rain tonight, maybe I will get some better times. Wish me luck.
    2002 PSM WRX, silencer removed, K&N filter, Unorthodox pullies, MRT uppipe, BPM turboback, Samco hoses, Turbo XS unichip, Turbo XS Top Mount,GReddy pro-fec B boost controller, Grounding Mod, Eibach springs, GFB BOV,Excel wheels, Cusco rear sway bar & end links, STI hoodscoop

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.