Traded 04 for Evo?
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Traded 04 for Evo? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; For several months there was a silver 04 parked out in front of a house near where I live. Then ...

Thumbs down Traded 04 for Evo?

For several months there was a silver 04 parked out in front of a house near where I live.

Then it went away for 2 or 3 weeks.

This morning I drove by and there was a silver Evo parked there. First one I've seen in Vermont. Looked pretty riced out from the factory.

With the money the guy lost, he could have taken his 04 and made it an Evo killer, I would think.

I'll have to remember to blip my throttle extra loud when I go by his house from now on.
    02 WRX Sedan, Silver ("Bugeye")
    TXS Up-pipe, Turbo-back w/cat, Cobb AccessECU Stage 2.
    97 Legacy Outback, White
    Stock. Very stock.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the utmost respect for EVOs. Thet're very nice cars
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

There are 0 STi's on the lot at the Subaru dealership.
    Of 5 EVO's on the Mitsubishi lot, 3 are still sitting there.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Trailboss
    There are 0 STi's on the lot at the Subaru dealership.
    Of 5 EVO's on the Mitsubishi lot, 3 are still sitting there.
    Same story here.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by WRXin'
    I have the utmost respect for EVOs. Thet're very nice cars
    I agree with Fahd. Tail lights suck, but thats as far as I can knock them...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

I still can`t comprehend why anyone would spend that kind of money on an Evo, and it not even be a VII from evoimports.

Originally posted by ebr0t
    I agree with Fahd. Tail lights suck, but thats as far as I can knock them...
    The brake discs are crap, too, and the suspension is set up the wrong way around (initially firm, then it rolls a lot). But they are rather performant out of the box and can be upgraded to no end...

Well guess what? The 04 WRX was back at the house yesterday. Guess I jumped to conclusions. Or maybe he took an Evo out and decided he didn't like it.
    02 WRX Sedan, Silver ("Bugeye")
    TXS Up-pipe, Turbo-back w/cat, Cobb AccessECU Stage 2.
    97 Legacy Outback, White
    Stock. Very stock.

I haven't driven a EVO yet, but I was able to ride in one with someone, I was just amazed by what it could do. And the braking was simply mind blowing compared to my WRX. If I could swap my current WRX for a new EVO I would do it, but I would have to drive one first before I make any real decisions. I really want to see the real EVO come over here, the one with AYC and Electronic diffs and a front lsd, that thing is gonna be amazing.
    Last edited by KanosWRX; 07-23-2003 at 02:44 PM.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Saw an EVO the other day, I really like car, except the tail lights. I should test drive one on a day when I'm bored. I still like the sti best of all.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

I have an eye appointment on Monday... my eye doc just got an Evo.. My wife went in already and he already told her he's looking forward to chatting with me. I'm gonna try to talk him into a little test drive... I guess I'll see.....

HAHAHA... get it? "I'll see".. eye doctor? HAHA... I crack me up sometimes.... sorry.. that was lame.

Originally posted by Racenut3.0
    HAHAHA... get it? "I'll see".. eye doctor? HAHA... I crack me up sometimes.... sorry.. that was lame.
    LOL!

dork that was funny though.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Originally posted by Racenut3.0

That joke hurt me some place deep inside.

Anyhoo, I saw my first EVO in person today in Watertown, Mass. The windows were pretty tinted so I couldn't see much of the interior, but frankly, I think the styling doesn't hold a candle to the STi. I don't like the air intake on the hood at all. I don't like the wings on either car, but it looked particularly bad in silver. Maybe I would have liked it better in black.

I guess the real beauty of it is driving it.

Speaking of which, I test drove an Audi A6, A8 and Porsche Cayenne - with my dad, which is why I got the keys in the first place.

The Cayenne drove like a truck. No adjustable suspension on the S, just the Turbo, at least until the fall when it's an option on the S. A lot of ride in the back made it feel just like a Grand Cherokee, which is to say, heavy and truck-like. I guess if you can drop the whole thing a half foot, it would be a completely different story...

It handled like a really good SUV, but an SUV. Still felt like a really high center of gravity and not a great road feel at all. The low-end acceleration was great, but I'll take my Rex any day for the turbo surge.

The A8 was absolutely silky. The back seat is as big as a limo. The screen coming out of the dash is amazing and the dial control for navagation, suspension, radio (12 speaker Bose - sweet ass system), etc. was pretty fun to play with. Drove like a German tank. Handled nicely, but it really was a car to be driven around in rather than drive. It's also $75,000, so not in my range, or my dad's, for that matter. A6 (2.7 twin turbo) was my dad's first choice of the 3, he'll probably buy it. Really solid, nice handling, great acceleration. Very stern and teutonic looking, but I guess that's what it is. Didn't get to drive more than 2 miles, so I can tell you little else. I would get more technical, but to be honest fellas (and ladies) I know how to drive and not much more than.

I'd trade my stage 4++ wrx for a Evo in a heartbeat
    Last edited by Mad WRX; 07-24-2003 at 05:42 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.