Traded 04 for Evo? - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Traded 04 for Evo? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by 02_Scooby_WRX Alright thats fine. Like I said already, it doesnt matter to me that you are here. ...

Originally posted by 02_Scooby_WRX
    Alright thats fine. Like I said already, it doesnt matter to me that you are here. If you like posting on this board then it is your right to do so. I actually like S4's and would probably already own one now if they weren't so far out of my price range at the time, but instead the WRX was more affordable and I feel I made a good choice since the grin hasn't went away from day one. Audi definitely builds some pretty incredible cars.
    Yes, Audi does. The WRX is no slouch either, and that is why I am here. That and to bust some chops
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Yes, Audi does. The WRX is no slouch either, and that is why I am here. That and to bust some chops
    Awwww you two made up

Originally posted by Shard
    Awwww you two made up
    Is your avatar space for rent or something?

a$$kissers... lol.

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Dude...what I was trying to say is that there two completly different cars. Saying the EVO handles better the WRX is correct..i hope it does CAUSE it COST 10,000 dollars more. So Yes price doe make a differene in weather you will skid out in a 35 degree angel or a 25.
    Last edited by Jack; 08-03-2003 at 08:29 PM.
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

Originally posted by Jack
    Dude...what I was trying to say is that there two completly different cars. Saying the EVO handles better the WRX is correct..i hope it does CAUSE it COST 10,000 dollars more. So Yes price doe make a differene in weather you will skid out in a 35 degree angel or a 25.
    A Lincoln Town Car cost about twice what a WRX does, so it must handle way better then, right?

Look, I'd just like to say that the dodge dart owns all of you.

a z06 costs about $10,000 more than your s4 and it handles a whole hell of a lot better. does that prove anything?

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    wow the whole price thing just came around full circle...again...again..and again.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Originally posted by tacomaboy138
    wow the whole price thing just came around full circle...again...again..and again.
    It's because someone forgot to read half a dozen posts where people made up.

This arguing is stupid. People forget that the majority of people who buy WRXs and EVOs don't pay in cash. That $10,000 price difference only shows up in taxes, registration and your monthly payments. If I had a choice between the WRX and EVO, and I got the WRX, I probably wouldn't dump $10,000 into the WRX anyway, unless I was rich-rich.

The few people who were getting at each other made up their differences! And that's why I love WRX enthusiasts because they're friendly, they don't get too out of hand (except for a few) and admit that they're wrong sometimes!

And an addendum:

Originally posted by Claudius
    The brake discs are crap, too, and the suspension is set up the wrong way around (initially firm, then it rolls a lot). But they are rather performant out of the box and can be upgraded to no end...
    I'm sure Brembo brakes really suck. I bet that's why they're OE on the STi and the R34 Skyline GTR VSpec-II, just to name a few. Who needs fade free, shoulder-brusing, eyeball popping decelration, anyway? Everyone's going to chuck 'em for something else anyway.
    Last time I checked, the WRX, including the STi, and even Porsches, have suspension that has a stiff initial impact, accompanied by long "soft" travel, in the WRX's case, about nine inches of it. Who needs inverted struts and rally-bred suspension tuning, anyway? Some Sprint Lowering Springs will fix the body roll instantly and only cost $130! You don't even have to cut your bumpstops since you'll still have six inches of travel!

NOTE: I was mulling over the comment after I saw an STi today while driving in the mountains. I thought back to an Automobile Magazine article from 2001 that I read comparing the Porsche 996 Carrera 4 to the then-new WRX sedan. They mention the suspension tuning. Contrary to popular practice, both cars use a balance of stiff initial impact and long travel. Both companies unconvential things. What car dominates an entire LeMans category with the engine in the wrong place? What car dominates the rallying world with a pancake of an engine and supposedly improper suspension tuning?
    Last edited by AREITU; 08-03-2003 at 09:47 PM.

Originally posted by drbyers
    a z06 costs about $10,000 more than your s4 and it handles a whole hell of a lot better. does that prove anything?
    Cool, like how you try to turn around the price thing on me . I can tell you that a $20,000 Ford Probe (or whatever they cost, I really am not sure) will outhandle a WRX, a S4, and many other cars that are more expensive. The price just doesn't matter.

i'm just playing devil's advocate. lol.

btw, I had a ford probe before selling it to get my wrx.

It didn't handle as well. trust me. but it did handle, pretty good. It just suffered from low horsepower and top heaviness.

i'm just playing devil's advocate. lol.

btw, I had a ford probe before selling it to get my wrx.

It didn't handle as well. trust me. but it did handle, pretty good. It just suffered from low horsepower and top heaviness.
    What year was your probe. I have driven an MX6 a number of times, a WRX a number of times, and of course the S4 and the MX6 is by far the best handling car of the bunch. There is NO way a WRX or S4 handles as well. You have AWD to get you out of trouble, but thats about it.

i had a 96. magazine reviews said the probe, which is basically a facelifted MX-6, was the better handling of the two, while the MX-6 was the better looking.

I'd agree, because the MX-6 had a lower beltline and sharper exterior lines, while the probe had a more bulbous look and bigger greenhouse.

I originally bought the probe because of its handling, but realize now that it was still front wheel drive and too heavy when exiting corners.

I sold it with 220,000 miles on it. It was the most trouble free car I ever owned. The only thing that broke was the original clutch at 200,000 miles.

i had a 96. magazine reviews said the probe, which is basically a facelifted MX-6, was the better handling of the two, while the MX-6 was the better looking.

I'd agree, because the MX-6 had a lower beltline and sharper exterior lines, while the probe had a more bulbous look and bigger greenhouse.

I originally bought the probe because of its handling, but realize now that it was still front wheel drive and too heavy when exiting corners.

I sold it with 220,000 miles on it. It was the most trouble free car I ever owned. The only thing that broke was the original clutch at 200,000 miles.
    Only 220,000? Jeez, it was just a baby

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.