Traded 04 for Evo? - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Traded 04 for Evo? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What do you know, the price argument again....

What do you know, the price argument again.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

$10,000 buys a truckload of upgrades so price is a factor and always will be.

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    I know...=/

But its like saying "My STI can beat your Lancer"

(Not comparing our WRX to the Lancer )
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

Originally posted by drbyers
    $10,000 buys a truckload of upgrades so price is a factor and always will be.
    It is, was and always will be a lame argument. If you want a fast, cheap AWD car, get an old DSM for about 3 or 4 grand, drop in another 3 grand into it, and you will beat any $22,000 WRX. See how price is a stupid argument? I would rather have a WRX, but you COULD go cheaper if you really wanted. I would RATHER have an EVO than a WRX. Same rules apply.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by 2001S4
    Is it not valid to point out that these two NEW cars are in different categories economically? Seems quite relevant to me, since I can afford one and not the other at this time. Most people refer to this as "value". (performance per dollar...)

Perhaps you have the means to simply "forget" the prices and pick the car of your choice based solely upon preference. Until my two small children are grown enough for my wife to go back to work, I do not have your luxury...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Is it not valid to point out that these two NEW cars are in different categories economically? Seems quite relevant to me, since I can afford one and not the other at this time. Most people refer to this as "value". (performance per dollar...)

Perhaps you have the means to simply "forget" the prices and pick the car of your choice based solely upon preference. Until my two small children are grown enough for my wife to go back to work, I do not have your luxury...
    I don't care what people can and cannot afford. The price argument is old and lame. It is used here as an excuse as to why the WRX is better than another car. (i.e. WRX is better than an EVO cause if you spend $10,000 it will be much, much faster).
    In the next thread however, you will see people say that a WRX is a better car than a SRT4 cause it is more expensive and uses better quality parts. It seems the argument is ALWAYS used here to the WRX's advantage. I understand it is a WRX site, I would just prefer price always be left out of any argument involving cars. Money = anything can be fast.

I don't care what people can and cannot afford. The price argument is old and lame. It is used here as an excuse as to why the WRX is better than another car. (i.e. WRX is better than an EVO cause if you spend $10,000 it will be much, much faster).
    In the next thread however, you will see people say that a WRX is a better car than a SRT4 cause it is more expensive and uses better quality parts. It seems the argument is ALWAYS used here to the WRX's advantage. I understand it is a WRX site, I would just prefer price always be left out of any argument involving cars. Money = anything can be fast.
    Well it is a WRX board so doesnt it make since that the arguements are in favor of the WRX? If you dont like it take your buisness else where. I have found that you tend to get defensive anytime someone argues in the WRX's favor. It is the same on any car specific web board. I have respect for all kinds of cars and dont hate on every car that isnt a WRX, but you act like everyone is beating up on you when you bring most of it on yourself. Not to be an ass but why not head on over to the Audi boards and have some conversation of your liking over there?

Originally posted by 02_Scooby_WRX
    Well it is a WRX board so doesnt it make since that the arguements are in favor of the WRX? If you dont like it take your buisness else where. I have found that you tend to get defensive anytime someone argues in the WRX's favor. It is the same on any car specific web board. I have respect for all kinds of cars and dont hate on every car that isnt a WRX, but you act like everyone is beating up on you when you bring most of it on yourself. Not to be an ass but why not head on over to the Audi boards and have some conversation of your liking over there?
    How about I stay here. Like I have said before, and I will continue to say. I don't give a sh1t whether you want me here, I will continue to talk to those here that I enjoy talking with. It is mostly the newer people that come here and have the attitude that the only car is a WRX. I am glad that you don't have that attitude and realize that there are others out there, but as far as most of the newbies go, you are in the minority. And I will continue to post how annoying and utterly useless the price argument is. If everyone wants to buy a WRX and put $10,000 into, then by all means, go right ahead. To sit here and argue and say IF I were to put x amount of dollars into my car it would beat anything is annoying, plain and simple. You remind me very much of the people that were on this board about 1 year and a half ago. You know, the "you don't have a wrx, so get out and go to a Audi board." Like I said, I think I will stay HERE.

I Support ClubWRX
    The price argument is old and lame.
    Your opinion. I disagree. I think performance per dollar is relevant and important. It's one of the reasons that I'm a WRX owner.

WRX is better than an EVO cause if you spend $10,000 it will be much, much faster
    I never said this, and it's not what I'm talking about. You do seem TERRIBLY defensive. Lighten up! It's not an argument; just a bunch of car guys shooting the bull!
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Your opinion. I disagree. I think performance per dollar is relevant and important. It's one of the reasons that I'm a WRX owner.

That is perfectly fine and I respect your opinion. It is the fact that so many people will use the money argument to prove the their car is better than any other car that gets plain annoying.

I never said this, and it's not what I'm talking about. You do seem TERRIBLY defensive. Lighten up! It's not an argument; just a bunch of car guys shooting the bull!
    I didn't mean to imply that you said that. I was just pointing out a mindset of a lot of people. I know it is a bunch of people shooting the bull, that is why I am here too. That is of course, unless I were to be forced to go to an Audi board that others have suggested (not you rayfields )

How about I stay here. Like I have said before, and I will continue to say. I don't give a sh1t whether you want me here, I will continue to talk to those here that I enjoy talking with. It is mostly the newer people that come here and have the attitude that the only car is a WRX. I am glad that you don't have that attitude and realize that there are others out there, but as far as most of the newbies go, you are in the minority. And I will continue to post how annoying and utterly useless the price argument is. If everyone wants to buy a WRX and put $10,000 into, then by all means, go right ahead. To sit here and argue and say IF I were to put x amount of dollars into my car it would beat anything is annoying, plain and simple. You remind me very much of the people that were on this board about 1 year and a half ago. You know, the "you don't have a wrx, so get out and go to a Audi board." Like I said, I think I will stay HERE.
    Well for one bud, the word under my nick may suggest that I am a newbie but I guarantee I know more about the WRX than most of your said experts on this board. I just now started to post over here lately because I got tired of the BS over at the OTHER Subaru boards. Considering the time I have owned my WRX and the amount of mods that I have and the amount of wrench time and tuning I have put into my WRX I would say I far surpass that of what you would call a 'Newbie'. It is fine with me if you stay I never said that you needed to go, but loose your "everyone is beating up on me" attitude that you have.
    Last edited by 02_Scooby_WRX; 08-03-2003 at 03:23 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    That is of course, unless I were to be forced to go to an Audi board that others have suggested (not you rayfields ) [/B]
    I, for one, would prefer that you stayed. You seem to have a lot of general car knowledge that has proven to be enlightening. (I've lurked a lot more than I've posted over the last year or so...)
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I, for one, would prefer that you stayed. You seem to have a lot of general car knowledge that has proven to be enlightening. (I've lurked a lot more than I've posted over the last year or so...)

Originally posted by 02_Scooby_WRX
    Well for one bud, the word under my nick may suggest that I am a newbie but I guarantee I know more about the WRX than most of your said experts on this board. I just now started to post over here lately because I got tired of the BS over at the OTHER Subaru boards. Considering the time I have owned my WRX and the amount of mods that I have and the amount of wrench time and tuning I have put into my WRX I would say I far surpass that of what you would call a 'Newbie'. It is fine with me if you stay I never said that you needed to go, but loose your "everyone is beating up on me" attitude that you have.
    Well, Bud, I never meant to imply that you are a newbie, merely pointing out where a lot of that built up tension comes from. You are also reacting to the term Newbie as meaning new to WRX's. It merely means new to this board. In other words, you don't have a grasp of the history of the board. Not saying that is bad, you simply don't really know me and cannot get a handle on me cause you haven't been here that long. If you were here way back when the site was overrun by trolls, a lot of which were people owning S4's, I was the one defending the WRX, its owners, and this site.

Well, Bud, I never meant to imply that you are a newbie, merely pointing out where a lot of that built up tension comes from. You are also reacting to the term Newbie as meaning new to WRX's. It merely means new to this board. In other words, you don't have a grasp of the history of the board. Not saying that is bad, you simply don't really know me and cannot get a handle on me cause you haven't been here that long. If you were here way back when the site was overrun by trolls, a lot of which were people owning S4's, I was the one defending the WRX, its owners, and this site.
    Alright thats fine. Like I said already, it doesnt matter to me that you are here. If you like posting on this board then it is your right to do so. I actually like S4's and would probably already own one now if they weren't so far out of my price range at the time, but instead the WRX was more affordable and I feel I made a good choice since the grin hasn't went away from day one. Audi definitely builds some pretty incredible cars.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.