Traded 04 for Evo? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Traded 04 for Evo? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah I went to my local mitsu dealer, they just got 3, a yellow and a red one. before they ...

Yeah I went to my local mitsu dealer, they just got 3, a yellow and a red one. before they had those they had a black one but some prick has one (did a rice fly-by to me the other day for no reason) The dealer was cool, didn't offer a test drive ( I told him I had no intention of ever buying it, because I can't afford it, but he unlocked it and let me look under the hood, sit inside and everything. Pretty cool guy. Talked to me some too, wasn't a real car enthusiast but he never did say any bs. He gave me his card and told me about that $100 referral thing hehe. I should've asked him how much they would take my rex for... not that I would ever get rid of it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Chunks
    Yeah I went to my local mitsu dealer, they just got 3, a yellow and a red one.

Originally posted by Claudius
    I was thinking the same thing... 3 huh?
    " I sell ice in the winter, I sell fire in hell "

Our local dealer has 6 in. They've had them forever and can't sell them because they won't let you test drive them until you've bought the car. My friend and I went up there in a $94,000 2003 CL500, and they still wouldn't let us drive it. And for a while my friend was actually seriously considering buying one.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    There is a mitsu dealership here on RT 22 in NJ that had about 5 yellow ones set up in the front. For about 2 months they were siting there...Just a couple days ago there is only one and you think the other 4 are sold but if you look closely at the dealership (Its set up on a hill on a busy hghway) You can see them parked behind some galants 2-3 rows back..there spoilers peaking over, lol.
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

I didn't need to test drive it to buy it. I wanted the damn car. My uncle, the salesman, went over to get the keys and the Mitsu salesmen gave him a bunch of guff. So he went strait to the owner of the dealerships and said give me the damn keys. My test drive was merely a fraction of the fun I've had with that car

By the way, you do realize that there are twice as many Evos being produced as the STi. So in reality, It sounds like the sales stats are identical, the other half of the Evos are sitting in the dealerships. If the numbers were the same, i'd almost guarantee there'd be just as many STi's left.
    -Kramit
    '03 EvoVIII (Apex Silver)

I honestly think that very few people go looking for a new car... and end up with an Evo or STI.

The people who buy the car are the ones who know what it is. Tons of people have gotten into the WRX since it came out... and how great it is. So why not buy an even faster WRX???? The STI is riding on the coattail of the WRX so to speak here in America.

The people who wanted EVO's got them. Now the rest just sit. Is some buisness man who heard good things about the WRX going to go look at an STI or some cars on a lot the dealer cannot sell for months that happen to be a product of chrysler who (i'm sorry) has a ****TY reputation lately???

I am ready to be flames. BTW I would trade my wrx for an Evo also, but we are talking sale tactics here people.
    " I sell ice in the winter, I sell fire in hell "

Originally posted by Claudius
    The brake discs are crap, too, and the suspension is set up the wrong way around (initially firm, then it rolls a lot). But they are rather performant out of the box and can be upgraded to no end...
    Yeah right, have you driven one? My friend has a subie and an evo viii. The evo makes me have 2nd thoughts about my rex. With coilovers and sway bars on my car...it still doesn't handle nearly as well as his stock evo. The handling is scalpel sharp with a quickess. The brakes are enormous and stop on a dime quicker than my car ever will.

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    prot droid...you have a wrx correct.not a STI
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

Well, the Evos down here at the track, for the same amount of money, are for the most part matching or taking WRXs all day. I have always loved WRXs, but the new "Little Big Dog" in town is the EVO. I Still say it couldn't compare with the looks of the WRX, but the out right bashing is pretty bad when you consider that most of the people here bashing it couldn't beat an EVO themselves, there IS a difference between the Lancer and the EVO... Just a thought.
    1972 Camaro RS/Z28 Youngsta doin' it OldSchool!
    Rebuilt 350 "DynoPub" Custom job. 3250lbs, 3550lbs with me in it...
    10.46@126.5 <street drags> *Being rebuilt for show*
    516whp 544lb-ft torque ALL MOTOR, no "Naaaaawzzz"... ever!
    Next up: 454 Big Block and/or Supercharger, SMOG Excempt Yay!

the mitsu dealer in my town has actually started selling the cars below MSRP, ever so slightly. Instead of $31,000 and some change, the cars can now be had for $29,000 and some change.

I think that "no test driving" policy must be universal or something.

Either way, I wouldn't buy one. The cars are pretty nice lookin' on the outside but look like crap on the inside because of all the cheap plastic.

The only thing I don't like about the EVO is that I can't afford one, it dosen't have AYC/ACD (the reason I fell in love with them) and it's missing one gear in the gearbox. Wee little niggles.

Out here in Palm Desert, I'm suprised that there are some EVOs at the dealership. When the first came out, they were marked up $10,000 for all the stupid rich people to snatch up for their Fast and Furious children. All the intelligent people drove 45 minutes out of the valley and bought them for sticker.

Well, the Evos down here at the track, for the same amount of money, are for the most part matching or taking WRXs all day. I have always loved WRXs, but the new "Little Big Dog" in town is the EVO. I Still say it couldn't compare with the looks of the WRX, but the out right bashing is pretty bad when you consider that most of the people here bashing it couldn't beat an EVO themselves, there IS a difference between the Lancer and the EVO... Just a thought.
    Well i hope an EVO can beat a WRX since the EVO is geard to the much faster STI..

WRX can beat the lancer
    STI can beat the EVO...
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Jack
    Well i hope an EVO can beat a WRX since the EVO is geard to the much faster STI..
    WRX can beat the lancer
    STI can beat the EVO...
    Why do people go out of their way to point out that an EVO can take a WRX? It's such an invalid comparison, given the price difference. Our local Mitsu dealer wants over $30,000 for the EVO, I paid $22,500 for my Rex.

I dropped by to look at the EVO, and the salesman jokingly challenged me to a dragrace as I was leaving. I told him it wasn't a particularly fair race, given that his car costs 30% more than mine did.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Yea dude, i get it all the time by people saying that the "EVO is so much faster then your car". Only thing i say is " I hope so and i am 10,000 dollars richer."

P.S If more STI wre produced they wouldnt be parked in a lot, more like a driveway.
    Last edited by Jack; 08-03-2003 at 08:37 AM.
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast