Me Vs new MB E500

This is a discussion on Me Vs new MB E500 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; OK. I'm going home Friday from work and decided to deviate from my normal route. Going south on a major ...

Me Vs new MB E500

OK. I'm going home Friday from work and decided to deviate from my normal route. Going south on a major street to get to the freeway, and I notice that there's this Mercedes E500 (newer kind) trying real hard to pass me. Now I really don't understand why, since there is all this space in back of me. Why would people want to bust a nut just to pass me when they can go behind me? This is a pet peeve of mine, so my natural instinct is to speed up to assert my claim to the lane. Well, of course he didn't give up and we ended up stuck at a light. I figure I'd let him dictate the situation. I'd do my normal grandma launch and wait to see what he does. On the green, he punches it, so as soon as I slipped into first, I stomped it to redline, then second, then passed him before going to third. We get caught at another light, and this time, I decided to do a little launch just to see what happens. I slipped it into first at 2.5-3K and immediately stomped on it and said good bye for good. I then quickly shut it down, since the freeway entrance was coming up in 1000 ft.

After that, I waited my turn in line to enter the freeway and witnessed the guy push forward and forced his way to the front of the line to get into the freeway before me (from the other lane). I guessed he won.

I've never seen that new style E-class before. Then I did a search and found that it has over 300 hp, but only does 0-60 in about 8 seconds. I could have taken him when I was stock. What a waste of effort.

tk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, a wins a win.

A lot of people driving luxury cars are a-holes. They're a dime a dozen. Especially when they’re old and think they either a) own the road or b) think they can drive as slow as they want, ON THE HIGHWAY!!!

Thats why i have a horn and a middle finger.
    I created my avatar.

He didn't squeeze directly in front of me. He squeezed in like 10 cars in front. I saw the chain reaction of brake lights as it translated to the car in front of me.

What a butt-fungus.

tk

Originally posted by CKxx
    Thats why i have a horn and a middle finger.
    LOL
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

i dont think he was really trying as hard as you were. i can vouch for 6s 0-60 and around 14.0-14.3 quarters from the e500.

from a roll, he could blow by easily. i guess the jerk didn't want to look unclassy by squealing his tires from a stop

I don't consider slipping into first at 2K-3K "really trying".

But I am far from stock (Vishnu Stage 2), so "not really trying" is still pretty nice. Unless I'm grossly wrong, I think the MB had no chance.

BTW, I just came back from the MotorTrend Drive event this weekend, driving the MB S500, BMW 745Li and the new Audi A8 L in a Luxury and Performance track. The Bimmer ran rings around them all (0-60 in 5.9 secs, just like the E500).

But, on the other hand, that Audi is pretty slick with AWD and electronically controlled suspension, which can lower the car almost an inch at high speeds.

Whatever...

tk

oh vishnu stage 2, then that's a different story. good stuff