Cadi DST vs STi - highway action
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cadi DST vs STi - highway action within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On my way home from getting my windows tinted, I cruise past this guy in a Cadi Deville DST. I ...

Cadi DST vs STi - highway action

On my way home from getting my windows tinted, I cruise past this guy in a Cadi Deville DST. I didn't think anything about it because I was more interested in the C5 Vette with aftermarket exhaust in front of me. I pulled up next to the C5 and he didn't bite. He just let me cruise on by. About the same time the DST comes flying up on me and gets right on my rear bumper? (WTF) We are going about 80mph at this point. So I speed up a little bit to about 90mph and he's still on my bumper. So I gently move over in the slow lane so he can pass me. When I move over he moves up next to me and gets about 1/2 car in front of me and sits there? I new exactly what he was doing. So I speeded up to about 95mph to see what he would do. He did the same keeping his 1/2 - 1 car length lead on me.
    I just couldn't play his game any longer. I looked down the road and it was clear for miles in front of us so I dropped it down to 5th gear and floored it. I have to give him credit he tried his best to stay with me. I took my STi al the way to redline in 5th and then shifted into 6th gear. I was doing about 148mph and still hadn't hit any speed limiter when I let off. He fell way back. Its hard to count how many cars but it was a lot. I mean he was way back there. I slowed down. He then came up along side of me with a big smile on his face and gave me a nod. Pretty cool. I think he just wanted to find out how fast an STi is.
    Pretty fun experience. The best part was how easily my STi hit 148mph and was still pulling hard. The car was also completely stable and smooth. I'm sure the car can easily hit 160mph.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I want an STi...
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

Me too

Me too
    Not all who wander are lost

Originally posted by Strider
    Me too
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by MOG_22
    Me too

Ike
    Me seven

Thumbs up Another Cadillac race

An older guy resembling Judge Smalls from Caddyshack was driving a new STS on my way home from a Cubs game the other Sunday night. He inadvertently cut me off when he came across two lanes to merge onto the two lane exit ramp I was taking. I hung close to his tail for a few moments before backing off, and then as the cars to the right cleared, I changed lanes and sped up to take the next upcoming long, high speed sweeping off ramp (always fun to attack off ramps! ). Well the guy in the STS stayed with me in the adjacent lane to the best of his ability, and he ducked in behind me as I pulled ahead.

I was shocked that he wasn't dropping back too far as I was cornering at perhaps a 7/10's level at 90 mph (tires not squealing, but fast enough to scare a passenger, if one had been in the car). Note: This wasn't a tight turn. We then slowed for a Saturn that was in front of us as we came down the last part of the ramp. As we merged, I went around the Saturn, and back to the right lane, and the STS followed. He got behind me for a moment, then I saw his headlights rise as he switched lanes and accelerated for his attempt to overtake me. I downshifted to third as he was coming by me. He ended up with his back bumper by my front end, and then I started reeling him in, and drove past as I shifted into 4th. I held 4th until redline with him dropping steadily back. I was actually impressed that he didn't fall behind too bad, only a couple of car lengths. I believe he would've been a tough match for a stock WRX. I shifted to 5th and then braked to get back to the speed limit. He drove by me, and I caught back up to him and beeped twice and waved. He had a big smile on his face, and flashed his lights and returned the wave.

I hope I'm that fun and cool when I'm retired and driving a big ole Caddy...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Re: Another Cadillac race

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    An older guy resembling Judge Smalls from Caddyshack was driving a new STS on my way home from a Cubs game the other Sunday night. He inadvertently cut me off when he came across two lanes to merge onto the two lane exit ramp I was taking. I hung close to his tail for a few moments before backing off, and then as the cars to the right cleared, I changed lanes and sped up to take the next upcoming long, high speed sweeping off ramp (always fun to attack off ramps! ). Well the guy in the STS stayed with me in the adjacent lane to the best of his ability, and he ducked in behind me as I pulled ahead.

I was shocked that he wasn't dropping back too far as I was cornering at perhaps a 7/10's level at 90 mph (tires not squealing, but fast enough to scare a passenger, if one had been in the car). Note: This wasn't a tight turn. We then slowed for a Saturn that was in front of us as we came down the last part of the ramp. As we merged, I went around the Saturn, and back to the right lane, and the STS followed. He got behind me for a moment, then I saw his headlights rise as he switched lanes and accelerated for his attempt to overtake me. I downshifted to third as he was coming by me. He ended up with his back bumper by my front end, and then I started reeling him in, and drove past as I shifted into 4th. I held 4th until redline with him dropping steadily back. I was actually impressed that he didn't fall behind too bad, only a couple of car lengths. I believe he would've been a tough match for a stock WRX. I shifted to 5th and then braked to get back to the speed limit. He drove by me, and I caught back up to him and beeped twice and waved. He had a big smile on his face, and flashed his lights and returned the wave.

I hope I'm that fun and cool when I'm retired and driving a big ole Caddy...

Yes, you don't run into people like that everyday. They may be old on the outside, but there still young on the inside.

155@ Hardy Toll road, Houston, TX
    Twice !

Speed limiter needs to die!!!

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    damn guys...148 on city roads...be careful out there! Even if no one else is around, you lose it at that speed, you're done!

And if they catch you, you're going to be Bubba's Bi-atch!
    2003 SRT-4

Good thing there's no road around here where I CAN go that fast...or I'd attempt it.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

It doesn't surprise me that a Cadillac tried to race you. My first car was a Cadillac STS. I got it when I was 15! I had a hardship lisence back then. I used to race a whole lot. That thing was fairly fast...at least I thought so at that age

My brother always takes out one of my parnet's DeVilles (they have two). He too likes to race people with it. He'll be getting a Cadillac CTS in December for his 17th birthday. I have no idea why my brother wants a Cadillac, though. I told him that for that price he could get a 350z, G35, EVO VIII, or even an STi! I think he listens to too much rap
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by WRXin'
    I think he listens to too much rap
    You'll know for certain if he gets spnners on it! J/K I think that's the latest fad. I see them on Caddies more than on any other car. To each his/her own, but d#$A they're ugly!
    '99.5 Silver Audi A4 1.8T Tip
    '03 Black WRX Wagon 5 spd

Originally posted by demos
    You'll know for certain if he gets spnners on it! J/K I think that's the latest fad. I see them on Caddies more than on any other car. To each his/her own, but d#$A they're ugly!
    Actually, he was already looking for 19-20 inch chrome wheels online I'm trying to persuade him to get somthing else. I really want him to get an RSX so we can work on turbocharging it...that IMO would be fun
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.