Cadi DST vs STi - highway action - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Cadi DST vs STi - highway action within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Bliss rather have an evo... cams, head work easier to do,ic piping, a lot more people know ...

Originally posted by Bliss
    rather have an evo... cams, head work easier to do,ic piping, a lot more people know how to work on 4g63's also

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Strider
    Me too

Originally posted by BamBooI
    rather have an evo... cams, head work easier to do,ic piping, a lot more people know how to work on 4g63's also

That's the easy way out! Why not be a pioneer and make that 2.5T really scream on the STI? I believe it's got far more potential with the right turbo, injectors, etc.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Originally posted by boosted 4
    That's the easy way out! Why not be a pioneer and make that 2.5T really scream on the STI? I believe it's got far more potential with the right turbo, injectors, etc.
    Pioneer=$$$.
    Evo should be cheaper to modify than the STI.

This fall Cadillac will release a new model, I believe it's the DT-S. 400hp, 6spd.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Originally posted by John M
    This fall Cadillac will release a new model, I believe it's the DT-S. 400hp, 6spd.
    Going according to their current pricing methods...I'd say $50,000+.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

They said just under $50k
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

CTSv. The CTS body with a Corvette LS6 and a six-speed. Right around $50K.
    2000 Forester - 2003 Cadillac CTS - 1988 Toyota Celica AllTrac - 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T - 1968 Cadillac Eldorado

Originally posted by John M
    They said just under $50k
    Things said and done often vary widely, plus options have to be considered. Lots of cars are advertised as "under $30,000" and such, but with tax, tag, title and options, it can push a LOT more.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Re: Cadi DST vs STi - highway action

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    On my way home from getting my windows tinted, I cruise past this guy in a Cadi Deville DST. I didn't think anything about it because I was more interested in the C5 Vette with aftermarket exhaust in front of me. I pulled up next to the C5 and he didn't bite. He just let me cruise on by. About the same time the DST comes flying up on me and gets right on my rear bumper? (WTF) We are going about 80mph at this point. So I speed up a little bit to about 90mph and he's still on my bumper. So I gently move over in the slow lane so he can pass me. When I move over he moves up next to me and gets about 1/2 car in front of me and sits there? I new exactly what he was doing. So I speeded up to about 95mph to see what he would do. He did the same keeping his 1/2 - 1 car length lead on me.
    I just couldn't play his game any longer. I looked down the road and it was clear for miles in front of us so I dropped it down to 5th gear and floored it. I have to give him credit he tried his best to stay with me. I took my STi al the way to redline in 5th and then shifted into 6th gear. I was doing about 148mph and still hadn't hit any speed limiter when I let off. He fell way back. Its hard to count how many cars but it was a lot. I mean he was way back there. I slowed down. He then came up along side of me with a big smile on his face and gave me a nod. Pretty cool. I think he just wanted to find out how fast an STi is.
    Pretty fun experience. The best part was how easily my STi hit 148mph and was still pulling hard. The car was also completely stable and smooth. I'm sure the car can easily hit 160mph.
    Interesting about the top speed as both Road and Track and Car and Driver said the STi was limited to about 146. You might want to check your speedo for accuracy as they are often optimistic. Do you recall what the revs were at 148 indicated? The current European STi's (2 liter, 300 hp) are limited to 157, so your car should be capable of at least that if it weren't limited.

Re: Re: Cadi DST vs STi - highway action

Originally posted by dangrass
    Interesting about the top speed as both Road and Track and Car and Driver said the STi was limited to about 146. You might want to check your speedo for accuracy as they are often optimistic. Do you recall what the revs were at 148 indicated? The current European STi's (2 liter, 300 hp) are limited to 157, so your car should be capable of at least that if it weren't limited.
    I can't remember the rpms. The next time I get my car up to those speeds I'll make a point to check the rpms.
    I've spoke to two other STi owners who have taken their STi's to over 150mph (according to their speedometer). One guy said he hit the fuel cut off at 155 mph. He also said the car was still pulling hard at that speed.

Today, I also noticed a post over in the NASIOC forum where an STi owner said he took his STi up to 154 mph occording to his Speedometer.
    Last edited by SGOSWRX; 07-24-2003 at 04:46 AM.

With all these STi owners going 140+, I'm wondering why more of you aren't dead.
    -----------------
    Jennifer - www.stinkykitty.com
    '04 Blue WRX Sedan - THE BLUE MEANIE! Grrrrrrrr, baby, grrrrrr!
    Cobb Stage 1. Fear me, pretty bunnies!

Re: Re: Re: Cadi DST vs STi - highway action

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    I can't remember the rpms. The next time I get my car up to those speeds I'll make a point to check the rpms.
    I've spoke to two other STi owners who have taken their STi's to over 150mph (according to their speedometer). One guy said he hit the fuel cut off at 155 mph. He also said the car was still pulling hard at that speed.

Today, I also noticed a post over in the NASIOC forum where an STi owner said he took his STi up to 154 mph occording to his Speedometer.
    Sounds like they upped the limiter to the same as in Europe. Great news!

They are not dead cause they did not crash and to be honest that is a real messed up thing to say.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.