Ignorant Fool in a V6 Passat Gets Toasted
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Ignorant Fool in a V6 Passat Gets Toasted within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So here I was driving home on Rt. 70 from Philly last night when I see a rather aggressive driver ...

Ignorant Fool in a V6 Passat Gets Toasted

So here I was driving home on Rt. 70 from Philly last night when I see a rather aggressive driver weaving in and out of traffic, causing some general havoc and making a nuisance of himself. He comes right up on my rear and tailgates the hell out of me...it's a Passat, new gen, V6. Now I'm mad. I pull to the next lane over and allow him to speed up...downshift to 3rd gear...turbo kicks in and I fly right by him. I rolled down the window and waved "bye bye" as I drove by him

I keep drivin, he's a good 4 car lengths behind me now...red light coming up! Awwyeah, I thought, I get to really roast this guy from a dig. He pulls up next to me and actually revvs! It's some younger looking guy with a visor put on backwards...what a freakin tool. I happily revv back. I know the Passat has about, what 180-200 hp and a heavy chassis? I figured I'd give him a second headstart and see if I still roast him. Green light...he punches it, tires screech and off he goes...1 second later, I slip the clutch at 4k and off I go. Even with a 1 second headstart, the bastard in the Passat got beat by a good 2 car lengths by my Rex. Down the road, I pull to my left to make my turn and, whaddaya know, a flyby from the Passat. Some people just don't take to losing well One more for the good guys,

-slim
    2003 Subaru Impreza WRX (AP Stage 2)
    Midnight Black, weathered and beaten thanks to the wonderful citizens of Philadelphia, PA

2005 Honda S2000
    Silverstone Metallic Exterior, Red/Black Interior, a shifter made in heaven

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good kill! As a former Passat driver (1.8T), I can say with experience smoking them isn't hard. It's a family sedan, not a sportscar, no matter how you're wearing your cool guy visor.

Re: Ignorant Fool in a V6 Passat Gets Toasted

Originally posted by slimasian
    Down the road, I pull to my left to make my turn and, whaddaya know, a flyby from the Passat. Some people just don't take to losing well

-slim
    I'm confused as to how that equates to a "flyby" and not losing well. Should he have stopped in the adjacent lane, and not proceeded until you completed your turn? Wouldn't any vehicle that was in your general vicinity have been considered doing a "flyby" when you slowed to a near stop for a left turn? I just don't want my grandma being accused of doing a "fly by" if she drives past you next time you turn off the main road.

I thought a "flyby" was when you, as the victor, finally back off the throttle and reduce your speed to a normal cruising velocity; and then the loser stays in it the whole time in order to blast past you once you are no longer racing...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Just watch out of those Passat W8's. Those things have some balls.
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.