Me + Waterfest VW Caravan

This is a discussion on Me + Waterfest VW Caravan within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, as some of you know... I went to the meet at Quality Subaru in CT... Right up the road ...

Me + Waterfest VW Caravan

Well, as some of you know... I went to the meet at Quality Subaru in CT... Right up the road from me! After leaving, I was headed down to here... Virginia! On my way, I noticed 2 black VWs... A GTI and a Jetta... Both with some odd license plate I've never seen before... A black one with some silver triangle on it.

Anyway, suddenly 3 other VW GTIs appear... I'm thinking, WTF is going on?!? They're tuned, that much I know... How far, I don't know. I was already OWNED by 2 GTIs months ago, had no intention on racing them, but did want to show a little respect! Drove up, thumps up to the guys...

Then I'm thinking, where are these coming from?!?
    DUH! There I was in New Jersey on the Jersey Turnpike...
    WATERFEST!

Heh, so I slowed down, looked over, got a couple of nods, fell back a bit more, and jumped into the VW caravan

Always nice to see other car groups are willing to let you drive with them, and not be all agressive

Oh yeah... and I came in contact with a yellow Dodge Viper GTS. Took a picture, and hope it comes out. It was a bit dark out, so I'm not sure yet.

ANYWAYS! Fun drive to VA!

Saw lots of cars! Some WRXs here and there

~ Dan (Zapix)
    PS3/360 ID: Zapix

MIA Western Mass Impreza Club / MIA Connecticut Impreza Club

My 2002 WRB WRX

2003 Northeast Subaru Impreza Club Regional Meet

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I dropped in on Waterfest today... it was pretty crazy. The best part was that Joe and I got lost on the way there and found our way by following a Jetta we saw! On the way there and when leaving there were VW's and Audi's everywhere. I got some props from a guy for my car too... It's nice to see people who are enthusiasts of all cars, and not just A car.

Side note- There was a mobil chasis dyno there! I'd love to see what the retail on that thing is!!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Dan, I just took a look at your homepage and saw your car.... you were leaving the show right as I entered! I freakin love your wing man! I tried to get your attention, but you were too busy pimping
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

SBW
    I was at waterfest yesterday too. My friend Tony Chick won the European car 1.8t shooutout for the non-tuner division. 372 at the wheels in a gti 1.8t. Cosmic Green if anyone has the mag.

That sounds sweet. I wish I was in that part of the world so that I could attend such events.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

SBW
    the vw crowd has some of the best events IMO. WaterFest, H20 International bbqs, etc... are all a lot of fun. I regularly attend all of them even though I sold my VW. I'll get another soon, I've got my eye on a 91' 2.0 16v gti for an engine swap.

Was there too this weekend. Great show and a lot of fun and actually was a judge on sunday. I gotta find a show like this for suby's, anyone know of any in the new england area?

We actually got lost too and ended up just following another GTI to get there. The ride there was great, and I couldn't believe it but we were passed by the new ferrari enzo on the way on 684 in NY. I tried to scramble to grab the camera from the back but he was long gone by the time I found it. We couldn't believe it was actually an Enzo but it definetly was, I was actually looking down and heard a great sounding engine to my left and looked up and there it goes. How many of these things are actually available in the U.S?

Originally posted by MidKnight
    Dan, I just took a look at your homepage and saw your car.... you were leaving the show right as I entered! I freakin love your wing man! I tried to get your attention, but you were too busy pimping
    My car was at Waterfest?

Wow, I when did that happen? Darn memory loss!

Nope, I wasn't at Waterfest. You must have seen a poser car!

I was on 95S (Sunday), driving in the late afternoon after it ended I guess, and ended up seeing some cars that obviously were going home from Waterfest.
    I'll have to check out some pictures, and talk to the guys at SpeedSport who were one of the sponsors. Just VWs I saw headed down here to VA.

Hmmm! Having fun down here too! Saw a blue EVO yesterday

My 2002 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    haha... ok then Dan... I guess someone with a similar car was there! Freaking blue wrx's! lol
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

Originally posted by Zapix
    Wow, I when did that happen?
    Ahhhhh!

The results of human brain damage after watching Undercover Brother (funny as hell imo), Phone Booth, and Kiki's Delivery Service.

Yeah... Being here ni VA, seeing the family can be hazardous to my health

Eitherway, glad you love my wing! I love it too.

My 2002 WRB WRX