rs vs celica gt?

This is a discussion on rs vs celica gt? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm just wondering, I have a friend who has a stock auto 94 celica gt. He likes to talk smack ...

rs vs celica gt?

I'm just wondering, I have a friend who has a stock auto 94 celica gt. He likes to talk smack about how heavy and slow my car is. (He's right, its a 4eat 02 RS stock) I was just wondering if he gets the braggin rights. I mean they're wicked light and all, but I've got 35 more hp and 21 more ft/lbs if torque. So is my car really that bad in a straight line?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Umm.. hehe.. race him and find out.. but those Celicas are SLOWWWWW
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

If you had a manual you would win but since you don't you will probably just tie him. RS's have nothing after 72mph anyway... the end of 3rd gear. But that was on my manual, your auto's gearing is taller I believe.

I dont know what the celica can do, but in my 5sp 01 civic I could beat my friends 02 auto 2.5 RS everytime.
    I created my avatar.

I can beat my sisters auto 2001Rs with my 94 corolla with i/h/e and pulleys

ouch.. im glad i dont own an RS
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by STIwish
    ouch.. im glad i dont own an RS
    The only hope that an RS has in a drag race is off the line... that is absolutely it. Because when I had my car I was alone and a civic with 4 other people in it was dead even with me on the freeway.... you don't understand how disheartening that was.

However it did handle really well and was very reliable... I punished that thing and it still gave me love. Go play on a tight back mountain road where your torque and shorter gearing will be a huge advantage.

well i finally did and i got my ass handed to me..... we did 2 races, a roll from 30 and he got about 1 car ahead and stayed that way til i flew by at around 70, and one from a dead stop, i brake tached but the revs only got to about 2500 and he absolutely owned me by around 2-3 car lengths, but again around 70 i started reeling him in but he says he stopped at around 60 mph. So i really dunno but i guess he can talk all he wants now... oh well at least his ass is mine on the twisties (i hope)