Ws6?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ws6? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; anyone have any expierence with em... What do they run normally? I couldnt find them on car-stats.......

Ws6?

anyone have any expierence with em... What do they run normally? I couldnt find them on car-stats....
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If your stock your gonna have your hands full
    ''ya wanna go"

well ill be turboxs stage 2 soon

Peter North > *

might be close, my neighbor has a ws6 T/A with a few mods and hes running mid 11s, the thing is a beast.
    ''ya wanna go"

Originally posted by evilrex
    might be close, my neighbor has a ws6 T/A with a few mods and hes running mid 11s, the thing is a beast.
    theres a yellow one with black wheels and a black top (of course i like it) i think its a ws6 anyways...i love the way pontiacs sound, they just look like ass 99.9% of the time

Peter North > *

Thats funny, this one is yellow also, has black rally stripes on the hood and trunk lid, really keeps it up nice, he can get me in the straights but i always takem on the curvey stuff and on take off.
    ''ya wanna go"

I believe that if its yellow with black wheels and black racing stripes, that it is a 25th or 30th anniversary. (whatever anniversary the last year was). Those are supposed to be pretty damn fast stock.

Originally posted by opXus
    I believe that if its yellow with black wheels and black racing stripes, that it is a 25th or 30th anniversary. (whatever anniversary the last year was). Those are supposed to be pretty damn fast stock.
    I think you are correct...

Peter North > *

Yeah, im pretty sure thats what this one is, ive ridden in it once, it has awesome low end torque and mid range power.
    ''ya wanna go"

a TXS stage 2 will hang with a WS6?
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

I think you would give a stock WS6 trouble, not sure how long you would hang with him though. I wouldnt try any modded WS6s
    ''ya wanna go"

i fgured even a stock WS6 would pull by a WRX past 60 mph or so..... even a stage 2... i could be wrong though.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

your probably right, but i still think youd give him trouble up til 70 or so
    ''ya wanna go"

WS6's are awesome cars. A friend just had his dynoed as a baseline and put down 308whp with close to that in torque. He has a 2001 6MT.

I was having problems hanging with mildly upgraded (lid,exhaust,maf hack) T/A's until I went with my old VF22. Even then they were a good race from a roll.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

I Support ClubWRX
    What is a WS6?

The letters 'WS6' represent a great deal of history when it comes to Pontiac and Firebirds. These three alphanumeric symbols represent a Regular Production Order number (or RPO) which is what General Motors has used since the early 70's to denote an option or option package. Anything you can specify (from paint to radios to tires to engine) when you order your new GM vehicle is represented by three letters and/or numbers.

In the case of 'WS6', this fabled option code was introduced in the Firebird option list for the model year of 1978, available specifically on the Formula and Trans Am models. At that time, the option code WS6 represented a state-of-the-art ride and handling package that took high performance driving to new heights. Consisting of substantial suspension, steering, and tire upgrades, the WS6 package gave Pontiac a world-class handling champion that was untouched by any other North American car (including the Corvette in many cases) and matching the best of what European sports cars could provide. You could spot a WS6 Trans Am back then by the special 8 inch wide "snowflake" wheels shown above.

The WS6 suspension and handling package remained on the option lists from its inception until the introduction of the 4th generation F-body (Firebird and Camaro). Throughout these years (1978-1992), the WS6 package was reserved for the Firebird (Trans Am or Formula) owner who wanted the sharpest handling sports coupe. With the entire chassis redesign for the 4th generation Firebird for 1993, Pontiac opted to simplify the order process by including the top level suspension offerings as standard on the V8 Firebirds (also simplified to two models and 1 engine: Formula and Trans Am both equipped with the then-new LT1 350 V8). Thus, there was no need for a separate high-end 'WS6'-type option.

Found at : http://firebird.freeservers.com/WS6_what.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.